in early 2005, i had some pretty bad crap happen to me. i guess looking back on it, it wasn't THAT bad...but at the time, i felt like it was the end of the world. i was really depressed and out of it, i think i ended up losing around 25-30lbs. i spent most of my time on my computer. my very crappy computer. i don't even remember what was in it....but it was honestly, my life. as lame as that sounds.
at the time my brother was extremely addicted to counterstrike: source. i made fun of him ALL the time for it. but then one day we went over to his girlfriend's friend's house (i was friends with his girlfriend) and they all went on the roof to smoke something illegal. i wasn't into that so i sat on the computer and started playing the game of cs:s that they left open.
after that, i was addicted as well. my computer ran it like crap though, i think i got about 15-20 fps. (and this was just 1.6, because i didn't dare to try and run the source engine on my machine) eventually i got sick of the slowness, and wanted to upgrade...my brother ended up buying a new computer and selling me his dell desktop for like $250. this was great. first thing i did was upgrade the video card for more power...to a 6600gt agp card. then i also had to upgrade the power supply. this was fine for awhile. but then eventually i got so infatuated that i wanted to try building my own computer. this was pretty scary for me...but in the middle of november of 2006...i had completed my first build.
it was a socket 939 system, it had a 4400+ x2, 7900gs, asus a8n-sli deluxe (i was going to go sli...but never did) 2 gigs of ram, 250gb hard drive, 450w power supply. this thing was so fast to me. it could run basically any game i threw at it, at the time. but then about a year later, my video card ended up dying. by that time, i had my dell laptop with a 8600m in it, so i didn't care...i could game and thats all that mattered. but eventually i got bored...and wanted a desktop again after i built one for my boyfriend.
i acquired parts over a few months...and eventually it all came together. and that was about in march/april of last year. since then i have upgraded everything that was originally in my system other than the mobo and the power supply. i built my system around the same time i joined here....so my itch to upgrade was no coincidence.
i love this website. it's pretty much endless amounts of information for me. although i am not the smartest person in the world, i seem to know a little bit about a lot of things. there are a lot of people here who know a lot about a lot of things, i'm not one of them...yet. but soon enough, it should come. like i said, this site is endless amounts of information.
this hobby i have is not a common hobby...well not for women at least. i actually don't even have any friends in real life that share the same interests as me. it's pretty weird...but at the same time i kind of like it. i like how everyone here has at least one thing in common (well mostly everyone, i shouldn't count the people who join for stupid reasons...or that are only here to troll and not share information).... i like how people here get my dorky jokes and whatnot haha
i'm really starting to feel like an actual member of this community now and not just some number. it's pretty nice to be a part of something like this.
(sorry for how long this is haha)
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2165 Active Users (384 Members and 1781 Guests)
- › Waited for Vega... Then bought 1080ti 6 seconds ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 57 seconds ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Preliminary view of AMD VEGA Bios 5 minutes ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Zogis GTX 650 TI 2GB GDDR5 - Question about Voltage 6 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Just got a 480 Hz monitor prototype! [picture] 7 minutes ago
- › [BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 ->... 7 minutes ago
- › Can the Scythe Mugen 5 handle an over clocked Intel 7700K? 9 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...