In my last post I included pictures of a behemoth of a steel case I will be focusing on for my next mod. Since then, I have been working diligently in Google Sketchup to put together the design. I really consider this one to be my first "real" mod, as I am really building the whole case and not just painting it.
The case mod itself is being modeled after the Aperture Science Sentry Gun (Turret) from Portal, easily my favorite Valve game. I'm so excited about how the models are turning out, it really looks like one!
The majority of the plans are done, right now I'm trying to decide on a tripod design for the elevated case feet that will remain stable under weight. I'd love to find a way to put collapsible hinges on the case doors so it can open the same way the turrets do when firing, and a wireless antennae long enough to resemble the turret antennae.As soon as I find myself at a suitable stopping point, I'll open up a thread here in the case mod section. If you're reading this, I'd appreciate if you took a look and subscribed when it goes up!
Currently, there are 2017 Active Users (240 Members and 1777 Guests)
- › I need little help with my i5 7600k 45 seconds ago
- › [Apple] iPhone X Reveal 1 minute ago
- › [Techcrunch] Mercedes-Benz will electrify its entire car lineup by... 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Calling on Nixeus & DreamMachine Engineers : Make us a WMO! 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM AM4 Owners Club 7 minutes ago
- › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club 10 minutes ago
- › [IGN] NES Classic Returning to Stores, SNES Classic Stock Increased 11 minutes ago
- › New Massdrop Vast Monitor. 35" curved 3440x1440 AUO VA panel,... 12 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 13 minutes ago
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...