Sometimes I think it's a better idea to spend money on upgrades that give you a difference you can actually FEEL.
Benchmarks sure give bigger numbers and enlarge the e-penis, but in the end, is this going to give you any real-world noticeable difference?
For example, E8400 vs 8600. E8600 will OC probably an extra 0.3 - 0.4Ghz or so if you're lucky, but is this going to give you a noticeable difference? Are you going to lag at 4.2ghz but not lag at 4.5Ghz? Why not spend this extra $120 on a better graphics card for more graphics improvement that you can actually observe?
Another thing is watercooling. It looks awesome, is quieter, and of course, keeps your temperatures lower. But is it really worth it to spend $70+ on waterblocks and hundreds of watercooling kits? Frequently all our CPUs are limited by voltage before- take for example the 45nm series. Watercooling might enable a 5+Ghz overclock on your e8400 but probably with a ridiclous amount of voltage ripping through the poor wolfdale.
However, I think SSDs in a way are worth it over buying watercooling kits and i7 965s. You can FEEL your programs loading faster and SEE your windows startup really quickly. But if you spend that extra 1000 on a i7 965.. yeah, OC it 0.5 - 0.6Ghz more than your i7 920, but um, are you going to feel a difference between 4ghz and 4.4ghz? XD
And there is TWO 4870x2 in quadfire. In any multi-GPU setup the 3rd GPU usually contributes 10 - 15% to the overall preformance, with a lot of games not even supporting that many. The 4th GPU will contribute even less. Why spend this money on such a small improvement
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1872 Active Users (237 Members and 1635 Guests)
- › [eTeknix] Intel’s Core i9-7960X Takes 8 Out of 9 Records Versus... 5 minutes ago
- › [VG24/7] Valve will no longer automatically fulfill key requests... 6 minutes ago
- › [Various] [Updated] New processors are now blocked from receiving... 13 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 13 minutes ago
- › best gtx 1080ti for water cooling? 13 minutes ago
- › SteelSeries Rival & Sensei 310 Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › [Blur Busters] 480 Hz Monitor Prototype Now at Blur Busters! 15 minutes ago
- › [Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club 15 minutes ago
- › [TT] CD Projekt RED will make Cyberpunk 2077 feel authentic & stay... 21 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 24 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...