So the Turd smilie [err... smily?] has been gone for some time now and I since I used it just once I don't have a personal stake in, or even a slight affinity towards it's defense. But I still feel like blogging today, so this is it. It seems that the Turd smilie [henceforth to be written here as just :Turd] was removed because people were using it in place of the dreaded "S-WORD!".
1: I wonder why OCN didn't see this possibility in the first place.
2: At the same time I wonder how they observed a even a single case of this after the fact.
The more taboo a thing is considered, the more words there are for it. [How many words are there for a woman's breasts?] So here we sit with :Turd removed because it can be used as the "S-WORD!" and that would be bad.
...I can still use the word "crap" though.
"That mobo is crap"
"My case's airflow is crap."
"Can I use crap as TMP?"
So :Turd can represent the "S-WORD!", but it can mean "crap" as well.
...and how do you tell the difference?
1 - Bull "S-WORD!" = Bad.
2 - Bull "crap" = OK
Same idea, different words.
So what about :Turd? Which of the above would be "Bull-:Turd"? It could really be either one, but that final decision on which one it actually is would be the reader's use and not the writer's. Basically OCN removed :Turd because the powers that be at OCN have immature dirty minds and couldn't control their impulse to think like 3rd graders. Had they been thinking "crap" when they saw :Turd, they never would have seen a single instance of the "S-WORD!".
Whether or not :Turd make a return, the issue of why it is gone is not correctly attributed if you the fault the use of it. It was used just fine.
[PS: No you can't use crap for TMP, it stinks as a TMP]
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2033 Active Users (258 Members and 1775 Guests)
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 20 seconds ago
- › [Guru3D/HardOCP] AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 chips differ - physically... 2 minutes ago
- › Why does amd mb's,ryzen have so many ram problems? 2 minutes ago
- › SteelSeries Rival & Sensei 310 Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Steam games freeze ONLY ONCE after launching! After system restart,... 7 minutes ago
- › [Nvidia] Geforce 385.28 Driver (2017.8.14) 11 minutes ago
- › Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard 13 minutes ago
- › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) 15 minutes ago
- › Any opinions or reviews on the new Dell S2417DG? 15 minutes ago
- › [Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club 16 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...