i have a stock packard bell 1919 iextreme machine that i want more from. would like to use it for music and video editing.
1. i'm planning to upgrade my RAM to the 4Gb max and wanted to know what else i could tweak and upgrade to get the most from my system.
2. i also have tried to clean my system as much as posible following a few system restores in the past. however this has left me with a slow boot up time (feels like forever, 2-3 minutes) and when idle (no programs open) i have up to 63 processes running.
3. i have a basic setup with no major background programs (the usual antivirus, printer etc. yet my machines' 1Gb RAM drops to about 540Mb free RAM before i do anything. what could be causing this? what tweaks can i do to spruce up my performance?
Currently, there are 2362 Active Users (456 Members and 1906 Guests)
- › Pocket Rocket - Turning a quad bike, into a gaming/show system! 1 minute ago
- › Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › best wired extender 2 minutes ago
- › The Royal Navy: Rising from the Depths 3 minutes ago
- › Windows 10 Version 1703 September 12 2017—KB4038788 3 minutes ago
- › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) 5 minutes ago
- › [Apple] iPhone X Reveal 5 minutes ago
- › Raid 0 2x WD 6TB blacks. TERRIBLE Write Speed. Please help! 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FAQ: Recommended Power Supplies 5 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...