Hi everyone, i seem to be having some under performing card's or something is holding them back big time. Ive seen that on hardwarecanucks.com they run the heaven benchmark 2.0 and score 87.6fps on average with a low of 43fps. I have the 2.1 version but manage a score of 76.0 with a way lower 6.5 min fps. Now i could live with that if it was always the case being short 10 fps or so running a lesser PC. however, it gets more frustrating playing games. they manage to run Dirt2 at 1680x1050, highest settings, 4xAA and score 141.52fps in sli and 83.43 with a single 470. I on the other hand score a mere 50.2 in sli. very disappointing, i found RE5 runs low scores as well.
I know that the scores I'm comparing myself to we're done on a more powerful PC (Intel Core i7 920(ES) @ 4.0Ghz) but does that really make up for the large gap?
Here's what i'm running.
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3Ghz
RAM: 8gb(4x2gb) OCZ 800Mhz
Motherboard: Asus PN5-D
PSU: HEC 1080 (800w continuous)
GPU'S: A pair of Sparkle GTX470'S
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
OS: Windows 7(64) home Premium
Notes; I used the built in overclocking feature (A.I) on the motherboard and set it to 15% and it resulted in a very stable clock of 3.45Ghz. I found out through my research that my hard drive is not recommended for gamimg because it's very slow but also found that most say it will only affect my loading time on not my fps. Everything else has been untouched.
any ideas???????PLEASE and thanks in advance
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1969 Active Users (269 Members and 1700 Guests)
- › Is it true it's best to never use in game mouse sensitivity sliders ? 52 seconds ago
- › Sleeved Cable Color Example Gallery and Color Suggestion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Asus PG279q: blue light filter? 4 minutes ago
- › Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power 5 minutes ago
- › [TechSpot] Core i7-7800X vs. 7700K, 6 or 4 Cores for Gaming? 6 minutes ago
- › [sponsored] "StripeS" project 6 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 7 minutes ago
- › [Official] MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM AM4 Owners Club 7 minutes ago
- › Sapphire Pure Black X79N/ Xeon E5-1650 OC 8 minutes ago
- › Samsung monitors of 2016 introduced (Curved, High Resolution,... 9 minutes ago
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 AM4 AMD X370 RGB FUSION SMART FAN 5... by Radical Vision
- › MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen B350 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 micro-ATX... by CriticalOne
- › Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz (PC4-25600)... by CriticalOne
- › EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 80+ PLATINUM, 850W ECO Mode Fully Modular... by Radical Vision
- › Winnja Cable by SightUp
- › In Win Classic Series, 80 Plus Platinum Certified, Fully Modular... by Wally West
- › Intel 750 Series AIC 800GB PCI Express 3.0 MLC Solid State Drive... by Spykerv
- › ID-COOLING Auraflow 240 RGB AIO Cooler by DaveLT
- › Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Quiet CPU Cooler for Intel LGA 2011 Socket... by DontDoCovfefe
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency