Hi everyone, i seem to be having some under performing card's or something is holding them back big time. Ive seen that on hardwarecanucks.com they run the heaven benchmark 2.0 and score 87.6fps on average with a low of 43fps. I have the 2.1 version but manage a score of 76.0 with a way lower 6.5 min fps. Now i could live with that if it was always the case being short 10 fps or so running a lesser PC. however, it gets more frustrating playing games. they manage to run Dirt2 at 1680x1050, highest settings, 4xAA and score 141.52fps in sli and 83.43 with a single 470. I on the other hand score a mere 50.2 in sli. very disappointing, i found RE5 runs low scores as well.
I know that the scores I'm comparing myself to we're done on a more powerful PC (Intel Core i7 920(ES) @ 4.0Ghz) but does that really make up for the large gap?
Here's what i'm running.
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3Ghz
RAM: 8gb(4x2gb) OCZ 800Mhz
Motherboard: Asus PN5-D
PSU: HEC 1080 (800w continuous)
GPU'S: A pair of Sparkle GTX470'S
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
OS: Windows 7(64) home Premium
Notes; I used the built in overclocking feature (A.I) on the motherboard and set it to 15% and it resulted in a very stable clock of 3.45Ghz. I found out through my research that my hard drive is not recommended for gamimg because it's very slow but also found that most say it will only affect my loading time on not my fps. Everything else has been untouched.
any ideas???????PLEASE and thanks in advance
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2715 Active Users (457 Members and 2258 Guests)
- › FX 8300 Overclocking help?? 4 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] GTX 770 Owners Club 24 seconds ago
- › Yes, file system fragmentation DOES affect SSD read speed 1 minute ago
- › [ISP Review] BT confirms rollout of 500Mbps & 1000Mbps internet in... 1 minute ago
- › DIVA'S DEMENTIA . . . . . Caselabs TH10A, Chiller, 3 Plate... 2 minutes ago
- › What to get for my 4790K? 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] nVidia Surround 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › The [Official] Thermalright Silver Arrow / SB-E Club 6 minutes ago
- › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A 7 minutes ago
- › ZOWIE GEAR EC2-A Gaming Mouse by Ino.
- › MSI B85-G41 PC MATE Intel B85 Motherboard Bundle by khairlines
- › GIGABYTE GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX Intel Motherboard by Dan-H
- › ASRock X99M Extreme4 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard by Richard Eckert
- › Intel Pentium G2030 / 3 GHz processor by Kosenator
- › XSPC Raystorm CPU Block for Intel Socket LGA 775, 1156, 1155, 1366,... by ffhammack
- › XSPC D5 reservoir by ffhammack
- › XSPC EX240 by ffhammack
- › FinalMouse 2015 by kaptchka
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Classified Video Card by vargus14
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend