Hi everyone, i seem to be having some under performing card's or something is holding them back big time. Ive seen that on hardwarecanucks.com they run the heaven benchmark 2.0 and score 87.6fps on average with a low of 43fps. I have the 2.1 version but manage a score of 76.0 with a way lower 6.5 min fps. Now i could live with that if it was always the case being short 10 fps or so running a lesser PC. however, it gets more frustrating playing games. they manage to run Dirt2 at 1680x1050, highest settings, 4xAA and score 141.52fps in sli and 83.43 with a single 470. I on the other hand score a mere 50.2 in sli. very disappointing, i found RE5 runs low scores as well.
I know that the scores I'm comparing myself to we're done on a more powerful PC (Intel Core i7 920(ES) @ 4.0Ghz) but does that really make up for the large gap?
Here's what i'm running.
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3Ghz
RAM: 8gb(4x2gb) OCZ 800Mhz
Motherboard: Asus PN5-D
PSU: HEC 1080 (800w continuous)
GPU'S: A pair of Sparkle GTX470'S
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
OS: Windows 7(64) home Premium
Notes; I used the built in overclocking feature (A.I) on the motherboard and set it to 15% and it resulted in a very stable clock of 3.45Ghz. I found out through my research that my hard drive is not recommended for gamimg because it's very slow but also found that most say it will only affect my loading time on not my fps. Everything else has been untouched.
any ideas???????PLEASE and thanks in advance
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2600 Active Users (465 Members and 2135 Guests)
- › [Youtube] Need for Speed - PC Reveal 40 seconds ago
- › Dragon Age Origins: tips? 49 seconds ago
- › [TechInsider] The Apple store will now perfectly install a new... 1 minute ago
- › Bykski Watercooling - Blocks from China 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Rise Of The Tomb Raider Information & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › [ExtremeTech]An end to scaling: Intel’s next-generation chips will... 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] ASRock z97 OC Formula Thread / Tips / Discussion / BIOS... 3 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 960 Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Will this CPU run on air at 4.8? 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread 4 minutes ago
- › BenQ XL2730Z 144Hz 1ms 27 inch Gaming Monitor with High Resolution... by Steeps5
- › Phanteks 850RPM Case Fan Blades 20030mm Fan Retail Cooling... by MadjinnSayan
- › Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by Nick-F
- › Lamptron Fan Controller FC-5 Black Version 2, Changeable Display... by Ultisym
- › TR TY-147 140 mm, 2 ball bearing fan, low noise emission. by MadjinnSayan
- › AeroCool Shark 140mm Case cooler by Alastair
- › BitFenix Spectre Pro BFF-LPRO-23030B-RP Blue LED Case Fan by Alastair
- › HD 429S - Headset ( Ohrenschale ) by obikenobi27
- › AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ Eight-Core Desktop... by MatthewGB
- › CORSAIR CX600M 600W Power Supply by MatthewGB
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix