Hi everyone, i seem to be having some under performing card's or something is holding them back big time. Ive seen that on hardwarecanucks.com they run the heaven benchmark 2.0 and score 87.6fps on average with a low of 43fps. I have the 2.1 version but manage a score of 76.0 with a way lower 6.5 min fps. Now i could live with that if it was always the case being short 10 fps or so running a lesser PC. however, it gets more frustrating playing games. they manage to run Dirt2 at 1680x1050, highest settings, 4xAA and score 141.52fps in sli and 83.43 with a single 470. I on the other hand score a mere 50.2 in sli. very disappointing, i found RE5 runs low scores as well.
I know that the scores I'm comparing myself to we're done on a more powerful PC (Intel Core i7 920(ES) @ 4.0Ghz) but does that really make up for the large gap?
Here's what i'm running.
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3Ghz
RAM: 8gb(4x2gb) OCZ 800Mhz
Motherboard: Asus PN5-D
PSU: HEC 1080 (800w continuous)
GPU'S: A pair of Sparkle GTX470'S
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
OS: Windows 7(64) home Premium
Notes; I used the built in overclocking feature (A.I) on the motherboard and set it to 15% and it resulted in a very stable clock of 3.45Ghz. I found out through my research that my hard drive is not recommended for gamimg because it's very slow but also found that most say it will only affect my loading time on not my fps. Everything else has been untouched.
any ideas???????PLEASE and thanks in advance
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3009 Active Users (559 Members and 2450 Guests)
- › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L... 37 seconds ago
- › 5820K overclocking (4.5ghz @ 1.3v) 1 minute ago
- › Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] [WIP] 1 minute ago
- › AsRock X99 Motherboard Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Playstation 4 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NZXT S340 Club 3 minutes ago
- › Finalmouse 2015 3 minutes ago
- › [Guru3D] Asus ROG Swift PG279Q Gets 165Hz Refresh Rate 3 minutes ago
- › [Build Log] Neun Blanc - Bitspower. CaseLabs SMA8, X99/5960x ,... 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop Processor by thesuperegoist
- › EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 Power Supply 220-P2-1200-X2 by Ypsylon
- › VAIO Z (2015 Model) by hydroninja9
- › Samsung U28E850R 28.0 inch Widescreen 1,000:1 1ms... by Hattifnatten
- › COOLER MASTER HAF X nVidia Edition NV-942-KKN1 Computer Case by wrath04
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by Niobium
- › Cooler Master Nepton 280L - Water Cooling System with Dual JetFlo... by Thetbrett
- › Intel Core i7-960 Processor 3.20 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1366 by AlienPrime173
- › Microsoft Windows 10 Home | Download by Gregsta
- › Nixeus MODA v2 MK-BL15 Compact Mechanical Keyboard - Blue Switch... by Ramzinho
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Need some help figuring out some sound settings
- › I need help with water cooling on my computer.
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning
- › Regarding CSGO MouseMovementRecorder
- › Dangerous Things: xNTi NFC Tag Implants
- › Grand Theft Auto V build 393.2 - Performance...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test