Hi everyone, i seem to be having some under performing card's or something is holding them back big time. Ive seen that on hardwarecanucks.com they run the heaven benchmark 2.0 and score 87.6fps on average with a low of 43fps. I have the 2.1 version but manage a score of 76.0 with a way lower 6.5 min fps. Now i could live with that if it was always the case being short 10 fps or so running a lesser PC. however, it gets more frustrating playing games. they manage to run Dirt2 at 1680x1050, highest settings, 4xAA and score 141.52fps in sli and 83.43 with a single 470. I on the other hand score a mere 50.2 in sli. very disappointing, i found RE5 runs low scores as well.
I know that the scores I'm comparing myself to we're done on a more powerful PC (Intel Core i7 920(ES) @ 4.0Ghz) but does that really make up for the large gap?
Here's what i'm running.
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3Ghz
RAM: 8gb(4x2gb) OCZ 800Mhz
Motherboard: Asus PN5-D
PSU: HEC 1080 (800w continuous)
GPU'S: A pair of Sparkle GTX470'S
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
OS: Windows 7(64) home Premium
Notes; I used the built in overclocking feature (A.I) on the motherboard and set it to 15% and it resulted in a very stable clock of 3.45Ghz. I found out through my research that my hard drive is not recommended for gamimg because it's very slow but also found that most say it will only affect my loading time on not my fps. Everything else has been untouched.
any ideas???????PLEASE and thanks in advance
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2492 Active Users (466 Members and 2026 Guests)
- › [GDC 15] NVIDIA announces TITAN X 19 seconds ago
- › [Build Log] The Marathon - 5960X, 980 SLI, All Watercooled in an... 57 seconds ago
- › [WCCFTech] AMD Radeon R9 390X Demo Possibly Coming At GDC 1 minute ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 1 minute ago
- › Is there a frame rate counter for when i am gaming , so i can tweak... 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Nvidia Shadowplay Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › i7 3930k won't turbo past 4.2GHz 1 minute ago
- › BUILD LOG: J.A.C. 2 minutes ago
- › My Windows XP got slow!!! 2 minutes ago
- › De-lid gone bad? 3 minutes ago
- › DriveClub (PlayStation 4) by iARDAs
- › Tomb Raider Definitive Ed Ps4 by iARDAs
- › ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Extended ATX Intel Motherboard by mllkn6
- › Razer Inc. Blade 2014 128GB by ledzepp3
- › Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" SATA Internal Hard Drive... by Nfsdude0125
- › Intel Core i7-4790K Processor- BX80646I74790K by Stream12
- › Sapphire Radeon R9 280X VAPOR-X Video Card by tabascosauz
- › Philips 40" BDM4065UC 4K Monitor by sam66er
- › COOLER MASTER V700 RS700-AFBAG1-US 700W Power Supply by DVIELIS
- › Corsair Vengeance M65 Black Wired Laser Gaming Mouse by levalencia
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel