Hi everyone, i seem to be having some under performing card's or something is holding them back big time. Ive seen that on hardwarecanucks.com they run the heaven benchmark 2.0 and score 87.6fps on average with a low of 43fps. I have the 2.1 version but manage a score of 76.0 with a way lower 6.5 min fps. Now i could live with that if it was always the case being short 10 fps or so running a lesser PC. however, it gets more frustrating playing games. they manage to run Dirt2 at 1680x1050, highest settings, 4xAA and score 141.52fps in sli and 83.43 with a single 470. I on the other hand score a mere 50.2 in sli. very disappointing, i found RE5 runs low scores as well.
I know that the scores I'm comparing myself to we're done on a more powerful PC (Intel Core i7 920(ES) @ 4.0Ghz) but does that really make up for the large gap?
Here's what i'm running.
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3Ghz
RAM: 8gb(4x2gb) OCZ 800Mhz
Motherboard: Asus PN5-D
PSU: HEC 1080 (800w continuous)
GPU'S: A pair of Sparkle GTX470'S
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
OS: Windows 7(64) home Premium
Notes; I used the built in overclocking feature (A.I) on the motherboard and set it to 15% and it resulted in a very stable clock of 3.45Ghz. I found out through my research that my hard drive is not recommended for gamimg because it's very slow but also found that most say it will only affect my loading time on not my fps. Everything else has been untouched.
any ideas???????PLEASE and thanks in advance
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3266 Active Users (656 Members and 2610 Guests)
- › [Tweaktown] AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Cards in CrossFire 5 seconds ago
- › AMD Vs Nvdia - Flagship cards tested and compared side by side 7 seconds ago
- › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club 12 seconds ago
- › Best blower gtx 970? 30 seconds ago
- › New Boincer 1 minute ago
- › [Various] Nvidia GTX 980Ti reviews 2 minutes ago
- › Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Game Code for PC 2 minutes ago
- › EK Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Youtube] Uncharted 4 15 Min Full Sam Pursuit Gameplay 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › Asus ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridge [2-WAY] tune-up parts for... by Wihglah
- › BitFenix Aegis by MisterNoisy
- › Icy Dock ToughArmor MB998SP-B by NKrader
- › Zowie Gear Gaming Mouse Pad (P-SR) by Arizonian
- › G430 Gaming Headset - Black by marcatomdrummer
- › Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 300GB 3.5"" SAS 6Gb/s Internal Hard... by RockeyDA
- › Seagate Barracuda XT 4TB ST4000DM000 by Warpcore
- › ZOWIE GEAR ZA12 GAMING MOUSE by Arizonian
- › Roccat Taito - Shiny Black Gaming Mousepad. ROCCAT TAITO MID-SIZE... by Arizonian
- › Kingston HyperX Savage 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866... by WilliamGayde
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test
- › How To - Fix Intel CPU + Geforce GTX SLI -...
- › The GTX 780 TI SLI - End of Life -...
- › I need some help with Overclock
- › How to raid 0 on 2 x SSD or 2 x HDD as...
- › Overclocking Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport...
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...