Hi everyone, i seem to be having some under performing card's or something is holding them back big time. Ive seen that on hardwarecanucks.com they run the heaven benchmark 2.0 and score 87.6fps on average with a low of 43fps. I have the 2.1 version but manage a score of 76.0 with a way lower 6.5 min fps. Now i could live with that if it was always the case being short 10 fps or so running a lesser PC. however, it gets more frustrating playing games. they manage to run Dirt2 at 1680x1050, highest settings, 4xAA and score 141.52fps in sli and 83.43 with a single 470. I on the other hand score a mere 50.2 in sli. very disappointing, i found RE5 runs low scores as well.
I know that the scores I'm comparing myself to we're done on a more powerful PC (Intel Core i7 920(ES) @ 4.0Ghz) but does that really make up for the large gap?
Here's what i'm running.
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3Ghz
RAM: 8gb(4x2gb) OCZ 800Mhz
Motherboard: Asus PN5-D
PSU: HEC 1080 (800w continuous)
GPU'S: A pair of Sparkle GTX470'S
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
OS: Windows 7(64) home Premium
Notes; I used the built in overclocking feature (A.I) on the motherboard and set it to 15% and it resulted in a very stable clock of 3.45Ghz. I found out through my research that my hard drive is not recommended for gamimg because it's very slow but also found that most say it will only affect my loading time on not my fps. Everything else has been untouched.
any ideas???????PLEASE and thanks in advance
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2350 Active Users (534 Members and 1816 Guests)
- › [Giz] Windows 10 May Have Gotten Its Name Because of Lazy Coders 1 minute ago
- › CRYORIG R1 Ultimate & R1 Universal Coolers & Fans News, Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Intel removes ads from Gamasutra in wake of GamerGate 2 minutes ago
- › Dual X Machina 3 minutes ago
- › 22 Team Competition & 2 Team Coremageddon Folders Needed! 3 minutes ago
- › [ipon] Shadow of Mordor: 6GB of VRAM for ultra textures 4 minutes ago
- › DayZ is a beyond awful game. 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ASRock G41C-GS Micro ATX Intel Motherboard by rstew
- › Swiftech MCP50X Pump by geggeg
- › DOOGEE PIXELS DG350 MTK6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz 1GB RAM 4GB ROM... by LukePilot152
- › PlayStation 4 by Thready
- › Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - 256GB / Intel i5 by BigMack70
- › ASUS A88XM-PLUS/CSM Micro ATX AMD Motherboard by jumpy2219
- › Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch (Silent Tactile) by Jixr
- › Kingsing S2 Mtk6582 Quad Core Phone White by voodooxxx
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Gavush
- › Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Computer Case With Side... by Gavush
- › Custom Desk Buil Log
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...