Well, my senior year of high school baseball came crashing to a halt a few weeks ago when I was pitching in a game.
The pain in my elbow that I though was gone had returned, but worse this time. I couldn't believe it! My whole life I had taking good care of my arm, stayed in shape, had good mechanics, and NEVER had any arm pain....but it still happened.
for some quick background, I am a high school senior of 18 years young and have been playing baseball since I was around four years old. I have been pitching since I turned 8 or 9. Last fall, I was clocked by a college scout at 87 MPH. Two weeks later, I couldn't throw a ball 30 feet.
About 3 weeks ago I had an MRI, which showed a minor tear in the ulnar collateral ligament. this ligament helps connects the inner bone in your forearm (Ulna) to the upper bone surrounded by your biceps and triceps (humerus). A surgery, suggested by my doctor, that I could undergo to help repair this is called Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction, commonly known as Tommy John Surgery.
an animation on the procedure can be found here if you are interested.
The rehab program for this surgery can take around a year, depending on how diligent AND careful I am with the exercises.
I expect to be back and throwing again by the summer of 2010! hopefully I will be able to break the 90 MPH barrier when I return.
thanks for reading
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2379 Active Users (433 Members and 1946 Guests)
- › August 2017 Foldathon: Monday 21st - Wednesday 23rd - 1200 ET/1600 UTC 2 seconds ago
- › Thermaltake Core P3 Owner's Club 49 seconds ago
- › [Twitter] JayzTwoCents: "I no longer recommend Radeon" 57 seconds ago
- › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 1 minute ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 1 minute ago
- › Projects of the Month for August 2017 1 minute ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 2 minutes ago
- › Roccat Kone Aimo 3 minutes ago
- › Where can read about VGAs' power supply specefications? 4 minutes ago
- › How to Request Your Folding Milestone Badge(s) 5 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...