As I watch all this mass hysteria over the new Nvidia and ATI video cards, and the 15 news posts that come with each new rumor, I can't help but to question something.
We buy very expensive fancy video cards so that we can run the latest and greatest in gaming at maximum resolutions and full eye candy.
So why is it that we base the very purchase of our video cards on their performance in a benchmark at low resolution and absolutely no eye candy....
I see these benchmarks for the new 8800GT. "Amazing!", cry the comments, "It is as fast as the 8800Ultra!". Well isn't that something.
What they fail to realize is that these benchmarks are done at 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024 with no eye candy. Here the differences in the memory bus, size, and speed is not evident.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2328 Active Users (379 Members and 1949 Guests)
- › [The Official] OCN 24/7 Folders Club - Because summer isn't hot... 7 seconds ago
- › Acer XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 7950 flickering. HELP !!!! :( 1 minute ago
- › Problem starting motherboard only in the morning. 2 minutes ago
- › [GS] Nintendo's PlayStation, the Holy Grail of Game Memorabilia,... 2 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G Card overclocks and pictures 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard Club 6 minutes ago
- › [AC] Microsoft launching a site on helping teachers master ‘Minecraft’ 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / X2 FIJI Owners Club 9 minutes ago
- › Asus ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridge [2-WAY] tune-up parts for... by Wihglah
- › BitFenix Aegis by MisterNoisy
- › Icy Dock ToughArmor MB998SP-B by NKrader
- › Zowie Gear Gaming Mouse Pad (P-SR) by Arizonian
- › G430 Gaming Headset - Black by marcatomdrummer
- › Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 300GB 3.5"" SAS 6Gb/s Internal Hard... by RockeyDA
- › Seagate Barracuda XT 4TB ST4000DM000 by Warpcore
- › ZOWIE GEAR ZA12 GAMING MOUSE by Arizonian
- › Roccat Taito - Shiny Black Gaming Mousepad. ROCCAT TAITO MID-SIZE... by Arizonian
- › Kingston HyperX Savage 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866... by WilliamGayde
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test
- › How To - Fix Intel CPU + Geforce GTX SLI -...
- › The GTX 780 TI SLI - End of Life -...
- › I need some help with Overclock
- › How to raid 0 on 2 x SSD or 2 x HDD as...
- › Overclocking Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport...
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...