As I watch all this mass hysteria over the new Nvidia and ATI video cards, and the 15 news posts that come with each new rumor, I can't help but to question something.
We buy very expensive fancy video cards so that we can run the latest and greatest in gaming at maximum resolutions and full eye candy.
So why is it that we base the very purchase of our video cards on their performance in a benchmark at low resolution and absolutely no eye candy....
I see these benchmarks for the new 8800GT. "Amazing!", cry the comments, "It is as fast as the 8800Ultra!". Well isn't that something.
What they fail to realize is that these benchmarks are done at 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024 with no eye candy. Here the differences in the memory bus, size, and speed is not evident.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2755 Active Users (542 Members and 2213 Guests)
- › [Kotaku] YouTube Finally Supports 60FPS, And It Looks Awesome 20 seconds ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod" 55 seconds ago
- › CSGO Lagging, memory leak? 1 minute ago
- › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == 1 minute ago
- › Discharge problem 1 minute ago
- › The Powerful Pretty Pink Processor (aka, "The PPPP") 1 minute ago
- › Anti Surge Protection Triggered All Downhill From There......HELP! 2 minutes ago
- › [Polygon] Temporary Xbox One price drop hits next week 2 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Will Be Launching 8GB Variants of the Radeon R9 290X... 3 minutes ago
- › The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case... by Skye12977
- › Phanteks PWM Fan Hub Controller (PH-PWHUB_01) by DaveLT
- › Silverstone Tek 120 x120 x 25mm 1500 RPM Air Penetrator and Air... by DaveLT
- › Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by JoeDirt
- › Prolimatech MK-26 Universal VGA Cooler (ATI and NVIDIA) by JoeDirt
- › Prolimatech PRO-PK3-5G Nano Aluminum High-Grade Thermal Compound in... by JoeDirt
- › Phobya Vintage Matte Black Quick Disconnect Compression Fitting by Grey Beard
- › Cooler Master Nepton 280L - Water Cooling System with Dual JetFlo... by MalcolmM
- › Logitech G27 Racing Wheel by XanderTheGoober
- › ASUS Maximus V EXTREME Extended ATX Intel Motherboard by Nfsdude0125
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine