As I watch all this mass hysteria over the new Nvidia and ATI video cards, and the 15 news posts that come with each new rumor, I can't help but to question something.
We buy very expensive fancy video cards so that we can run the latest and greatest in gaming at maximum resolutions and full eye candy.
So why is it that we base the very purchase of our video cards on their performance in a benchmark at low resolution and absolutely no eye candy....
I see these benchmarks for the new 8800GT. "Amazing!", cry the comments, "It is as fast as the 8800Ultra!". Well isn't that something.
What they fail to realize is that these benchmarks are done at 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024 with no eye candy. Here the differences in the memory bus, size, and speed is not evident.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2629 Active Users (443 Members and 2186 Guests)
- › Been getting frequent BSODs for the last few days - please help! 2 minutes ago
- › Z87X-OC & Z87X-OC Force Owners/Discussion/Fan Club 2 minutes ago
- › Hi, newbe here. [Build Log: Water cooling, upping the anti] Sorry,... 2 minutes ago
- › why do people use 400 dpi 2 in game sens instead of 800 dpi 1 in... 2 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540/240 Owner's Club +Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Golden Edition vs Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming? 3 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] Dragon Age Inquisition 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Star Citizen Information & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › I've got issues w/Linux! 5 minutes ago
- › APEVIA X-Sniper X-SNIPER2-GN Computer Case With Side Panel Window by darkapollo
- › Noppoo "Lolita" Red Backlight Edition w/ Noppoo's... by DatLoudTyper
- › ROCCAT Kone Pure Core Performance 8200DPI Pro-Aim R3 Laser Sensor... by HengHoot
- › Ducky Zero Shine Zone DK2108SZ by HengHoot
- › Evercool SB-F1 Case Cooling Fan by Gareth Ward
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear... by hollowtek
- › Fractal Design FD-CA-ARC-XL-BL-W Computer Case by WilliamGayde
- › Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 360mm Radiator by sunyata
- › Phobya Balancer 250 Silver Nickel by sunyata
- › Bitspower 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD G1/4'' Compression... by sunyata
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine