As I watch all this mass hysteria over the new Nvidia and ATI video cards, and the 15 news posts that come with each new rumor, I can't help but to question something.
We buy very expensive fancy video cards so that we can run the latest and greatest in gaming at maximum resolutions and full eye candy.
So why is it that we base the very purchase of our video cards on their performance in a benchmark at low resolution and absolutely no eye candy....
I see these benchmarks for the new 8800GT. "Amazing!", cry the comments, "It is as fast as the 8800Ultra!". Well isn't that something.
What they fail to realize is that these benchmarks are done at 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024 with no eye candy. Here the differences in the memory bus, size, and speed is not evident.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3558 Active Users (886 Members and 2672 Guests)
- › 3 7970s w/ Heatkiller WB's $215 Each! 12 seconds ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club 18 seconds ago
- › Has anybody actually managed to get a K95 RGB from Newegg? 53 seconds ago
- › [The-Hindu] AMD vouches for 'Made in India' games for Indian market 56 seconds ago
- › [HX] The Future Is Here - ROCCAT's Tyon Gaming Mouse Released. [VIDEO] 1 minute ago
- › How many others have preordered a K70 RGB? 1 minute ago
- › Video card not recognized in new intel build 1 minute ago
- › can't find 1tb HDD in disk management 1 minute ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › [ExtremeTech] How to download and install the Windows 10 Technical... 1 minute ago
- › Swiftech MCP50X Pump by geggeg
- › DOOGEE PIXELS DG350 MTK6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz 1GB RAM 4GB ROM... by LukePilot152
- › PlayStation 4 by Thready
- › Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - 256GB / Intel i5 by BigMack70
- › ASUS A88XM-PLUS/CSM Micro ATX AMD Motherboard by jumpy2219
- › Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch (Silent Tactile) by Jixr
- › Kingsing S2 Mtk6582 Quad Core Phone White by voodooxxx
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Gavush
- › Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Computer Case With Side... by Gavush
- › Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red) by Sideways8LV
- › Custom Desk Buil Log
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...