As I watch all this mass hysteria over the new Nvidia and ATI video cards, and the 15 news posts that come with each new rumor, I can't help but to question something.
We buy very expensive fancy video cards so that we can run the latest and greatest in gaming at maximum resolutions and full eye candy.
So why is it that we base the very purchase of our video cards on their performance in a benchmark at low resolution and absolutely no eye candy....
I see these benchmarks for the new 8800GT. "Amazing!", cry the comments, "It is as fast as the 8800Ultra!". Well isn't that something.
What they fail to realize is that these benchmarks are done at 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024 with no eye candy. Here the differences in the memory bus, size, and speed is not evident.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2553 Active Users (471 Members and 2082 Guests)
- › [cpu monkey] Some benchmarks of i7-6700K 49 seconds ago
- › Advice GTX 970 or R9 290X ! 1 minute ago
- › Corsair 350D Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › [Official] The Witcher 3 Information & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Fractal Design Node 304 Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › [Reddit] Witcher 3 HairWorks now works on AMD cards smoothly CC Tweak 3 minutes ago
- › [Ars] North Carolina sues FCC for right to block municipal broadband 4 minutes ago
- › EVGA power supplies information thread 4 minutes ago
- › EK Club 5 minutes ago
- › [Mybb] Worst ever Internet censorship law planned for South Africa 6 minutes ago
- › AeroCool Vs-3 Advance Mid-Tower Gaming Case by gasparspeed
- › G.SKILL NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3... by Elektro
- › Mayhems Biocide Extreme by NewUser16
- › Rosewill Neutron Mini ITX Computer Case, Supports VGA Card Length... by Skye12977
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 by WilliamGayde
- › ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 GTX 980 OC 4GB GDDR5... by WeRNothiNg
- › XSPC Photon 170 Glass Tube Cylinder Reservoir by tytechguy
- › Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) by Mads1
- › XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Modular PSU ATX 650 Energy Star Certified... by amd-dude
- › Swiftech H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by tmontney
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10
- › loading sound card into PCIe Slot
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU