As I watch all this mass hysteria over the new Nvidia and ATI video cards, and the 15 news posts that come with each new rumor, I can't help but to question something.
We buy very expensive fancy video cards so that we can run the latest and greatest in gaming at maximum resolutions and full eye candy.
So why is it that we base the very purchase of our video cards on their performance in a benchmark at low resolution and absolutely no eye candy....
I see these benchmarks for the new 8800GT. "Amazing!", cry the comments, "It is as fast as the 8800Ultra!". Well isn't that something.
What they fail to realize is that these benchmarks are done at 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024 with no eye candy. Here the differences in the memory bus, size, and speed is not evident.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2118 Active Users (302 Members and 1816 Guests)
- › [WCCF] AMD’s Fastest Radeon Yet, Fury X2, Launching In December 3 minutes ago
- › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC 3 minutes ago
- › ZEN - Hyper Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2500k & 2600k 4 minutes ago
- › Jumped in the deep end, looking for help getting set up/learning. 4 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs 6 minutes ago
- › Missing SMD Micro Capacitor - post? 6 minutes ago
- › i7-860 overlocking - first time and need advice 9 minutes ago
- › [Various] NVIDIA might be launching a 960 Ti 10 minutes ago
- › EGDE 101 by Maximillion
- › MSI Computer ATX DDR4 Motherboard Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION by topdog
- › Cooler Master: Silencio FP 120 PWM by DaveLT
- › Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD -GTX970 4GB DDR5 256Bit PCI Express... by amd-dude
- › Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5" SSD by amd-dude
- › G303 Daedalus Apex by Frenchy
- › Bluetooth Headphones COULAX V4.1 Magneto by 8bitG33k
- › Thermaltake Core V51 Computer Case CA-1C6-00M1WN-00 Black by skypine27
- › Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (920-006385) by Nfsdude0125
- › In Wins 805. Front and back tempered glass panels by Duality92
- › good essays : Syscooling BC1 antminer water...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning