As I watch all this mass hysteria over the new Nvidia and ATI video cards, and the 15 news posts that come with each new rumor, I can't help but to question something.
We buy very expensive fancy video cards so that we can run the latest and greatest in gaming at maximum resolutions and full eye candy.
So why is it that we base the very purchase of our video cards on their performance in a benchmark at low resolution and absolutely no eye candy....
I see these benchmarks for the new 8800GT. "Amazing!", cry the comments, "It is as fast as the 8800Ultra!". Well isn't that something.
What they fail to realize is that these benchmarks are done at 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024 with no eye candy. Here the differences in the memory bus, size, and speed is not evident.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2777 Active Users (488 Members and 2289 Guests)
- › Constant Google Chrome Login popups 24 seconds ago
- › [WCCF] HITMAN To Feature Best Implementation Of DX12 Async Compute... 26 seconds ago
- › [Official] Rise Of The Tomb Raider Information & Discussion Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Why you should probably not buy a CLC cooler 46 seconds ago
- › Is my AIO water cooler working? 46 seconds ago
- › Best Radiator Fans for Thin Radiators? EK-Vardar F4-120ER vs... 1 minute ago
- › why are there so many foreign connections to my computer? 2 minutes ago
- › [Newegg] PowerColor PCS+ Radeon R9 390 8G 279.99 AR 3 minutes ago
- › New Fittings from Bitspower! 3 minutes ago
- › Thermaltake riing rgb fans not remembering setting 4 minutes ago
- › Phanteks 850RPM Case Fan Blades 20030mm Fan Retail Cooling... by MadjinnSayan
- › BenQ XL2730Z 144Hz 1ms 27 inch Gaming Monitor with High Resolution... by Dargonplay
- › Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by Nick-F
- › Lamptron Fan Controller FC-5 Black Version 2, Changeable Display... by Ultisym
- › TR TY-147 140 mm, 2 ball bearing fan, low noise emission. by MadjinnSayan
- › AeroCool Shark 140mm Case cooler by Alastair
- › BitFenix Spectre Pro BFF-LPRO-23030B-RP Blue LED Case Fan by Alastair
- › HD 429S - Headset ( Ohrenschale ) by obikenobi27
- › AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ Eight-Core Desktop... by MatthewGB
- › CORSAIR CX600M 600W Power Supply by MatthewGB
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix