As I watch all this mass hysteria over the new Nvidia and ATI video cards, and the 15 news posts that come with each new rumor, I can't help but to question something.
We buy very expensive fancy video cards so that we can run the latest and greatest in gaming at maximum resolutions and full eye candy.
So why is it that we base the very purchase of our video cards on their performance in a benchmark at low resolution and absolutely no eye candy....
I see these benchmarks for the new 8800GT. "Amazing!", cry the comments, "It is as fast as the 8800Ultra!". Well isn't that something.
What they fail to realize is that these benchmarks are done at 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024 with no eye candy. Here the differences in the memory bus, size, and speed is not evident.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2103 Active Users (429 Members and 1674 Guests)
- › [Sponsored] The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)! 8 seconds ago
- › (UPDATE #2) New PC on Order, Intel I7 4790k, (2) GTX-980... 12 seconds ago
- › [PCGAMER] Alien: Isolation 'Corporate Lockdown' DLC announced 19 seconds ago
- › [Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! 1 minute ago
- › [GSMArena] AT&T doesn't play nice, locks the Apple SIM 2 minutes ago
- › Kepler Bios Tweaker 1.27 basics for those previous users who want... 2 minutes ago
- › Small mod for my MSI GTX 970 2 minutes ago
- › [TR] Civ: Beyond Earth with Mantle aims to end multi-GPU... 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Newegg]HIS iPower IceQ X² OC R9 290 230USD AR -20$ visa checkout=... 3 minutes ago
- › Synology DiskStation 2-Bay (Diskless) Network Attached Storage DS713+ by easynator
- › EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block by vMax65
- › CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i Water Cooler by jumpy2219
- › Parvum Systems S2.0 by easynator
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by Rigwizard
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Skye12977
- › GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 GV-N660OC-2GD Video Card by Touhid Shohan
- › Half-Life 2 by andrews2547
- › BenQ XL2420TX Black-Red 24"" 5ms (2ms GTG) Widescreen... by cutty1998
- › Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155 by Skye12977
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine