Well, I said a few days, but it took a few weeks. Better late than never I guess. I finally got the time to install Windows Vista Ultimate, but no real first impression yet. As I type this it is dowloading its first updates, so I'll reserve judgement for a later time.
Installation was a little rocky, due to my not using my head for something other than a hat rack. I forgot to disconnect my primary hard drive that has linux and xp on it. So, I've had to reinstall, fix the bootloader on xp, and reinstall and reconfigure grub.
If you're wondering why all of that, well, I'm running a triple-boot setup with XP MCE, Vista Ultimate, and Debian 4.0. Xp and Debian are on one hard disk, while Vista is installed on another.
Everything is running smoothly now, and the Vista installation was super easy. I do like the taskbar, and the option to hide all desktop icons(bye bye recycle bin). I've added a wallpaper from digitalblasphemy.com, and my desktop is super clean(for once).
Now I'm off to install drivers and get this beast up and running the way I want.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1868 Active Users (281 Members and 1587 Guests)
- › EK Club 5 seconds ago
- › Ryzen 3 PC crashing/ powering down 8 seconds ago
- › i5-3570k OC @ 4.5GHz 1.12V Cooling and OC advise 36 seconds ago
- › [PCGamesN]AMD RX Vega’s pricing was “not just for launch, but ongoing” 2 minutes ago
- › [PCGAMER] Final Fantasy 15 hands-on: a sight to see in 4K, if... 4 minutes ago
- › Raijintek Metis Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Apex (x299) Watch 5 minutes ago
- › [Next Power Up] Microsoft To End Forced Windows Upgrades With... 9 minutes ago
- › X99 Asus RVE 10 Edition and original X99 RVE 10 minutes ago
- › i7 6800k - 6 core/12 thread 13 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...