Well, shortly after that last bit happened with the watercooling problem I went and cleaned the whole thing out. Scrubbed the blocks in and out, rinced the Rad for a good 2hours
Took my Res, connected it to my pump, and into a bucket, then from the bucket back to the pump.
put distilled water filled the rad and lines, and then put about a cup of vinegar in.
every 15-20mins I took MOST of the bucket of water out of the system, then filled the bucket back up with fresh water. did that until there was no smell of vinegar left in the system, then let it run for another hour, emptied it out, and I was finished.
I did all that while I was working on cleaning my system.
after that it was just a matter of putting it all back together, this time I made Double sure that the MB block was pressed firmly against all the chips.
Solved both problems at once, the over heating with the northbridge, and the Gunk that was in the system.
Turns out that it was the Gold/Nickle plating that was on the inside of the blocks that was floating around.
I will have to remember to post some pictures up that I took of the process. Christmas and gaming and overclocking and all, haven't even been paying attention to my folding farm at all
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1852 Active Users (272 Members and 1580 Guests)
- › [PCG] This nifty utility compacts your games without a performance hit 31 seconds ago
- › [FE] iPhone X Took Five Years to Develop 3 minutes ago
- › Microsoft Classic Intellimouse 3,200 dpi (2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair 750D Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › -=LGA775 Club=- 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 5 1600X | 1600 | 1500X | 1400 Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › Caselabs BH2 + GTX Titan Xp + 6950X = Shoebox of Doom 6 minutes ago
- › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 6 minutes ago
- › [OCUK] - NZXT H700i introduced 6 minutes ago
- › No custom Vega cards before 2018? 6 minutes ago
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Antec Mercury 360mm AIO Liquid Cooler by vMax65
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...