So I started my first computer build ever back last year on Black Friday. It all began with buying my Antec 900 for $60 and the EP45-UD3R for $104 off of newegg at that time.
I then ended up getting my memory for christmas, and i took a 180GB HDD out of my dads old computer that is no longer in use.
I then bought the Asus 7200GS from nitteo for $10 when he was having a sale of old cards of his. I figured i'd get that so I can at least run the thing since the mobo has no onboard.
Since then it has been a several month hiatus on building it due to most of my paychecks going to college. I only get 20% of each of em which really blows since I also need to pay for other things as well such as my crapfone tracfone which really I probably spent so much on considering i text a lot that could have gone to pc building.
But I'm getting a new phone with unlimited texting so I'll be set getting back into building this and then upgrading it.
I have ordered the optical drive an LG Sata DvD burner. So now all I need is the CPU.
How do I know everything works? I borrowed a friends old optical drive and a spare cpu to make sure it all worked for a bit before returning em since he still wanted them.
Anyway, all thats left as I have said before is the CPU which I plan on going with a Pentium Dual-Core E5200 which I plan to OverClock as much as I can after I order an ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler and whatnot.
Yes, I plan on staying air cooled.
Once I switch my phone plans and have this pc up and running I will slowly upgrade the various components until I am satisfied, though right now I don't desire anything more then getting it going.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1943 Active Users (280 Members and 1663 Guests)
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Official Owners 1 minute ago
- › Blue Screen Troubles vs Overclocking (AMD FX-6300 Vishera) 2 minutes ago
- › TEC Chilled loop project idea 3 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › [Sapphiretech] Trixx now supports RX Vega Series 6 minutes ago
- › [PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite... 7 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 7 minutes ago
- › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards 10 minutes ago
- › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) 18 minutes ago
- › [Japan Times] University of Tokyo pair invent loop-based quantum... 19 minutes ago
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...