As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3087 Active Users (890 Members and 2197 Guests)
- › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › [VC] EVGA GTX 780 Ti K|NGP|N Edition detailed 19 seconds ago
- › EVGA x58 Classified 3 - no POST/beeps/Debug LED 33 seconds ago
- › [LegitReviews]NZXT Announces Kraken G10 Liquid Cooled GPU Mounting... 39 seconds ago
- › ASUS Z87 Gold Series Owner's Club 59 seconds ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Swiftech H220/H320 and CM Glacer 240L Owners' Club 1 minute ago
- › [Build Log] TRiCLOPS (HAF-XB, RIVE BE, LIQUID!!!!) 1 minute ago
- › [Build Log] Aztec 900D SLI TITANS, 4930K, RIVE BE, EK, MONSTA 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] EVGA Classified Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › JBL LSR305 Studio Monitor by Chipp
- › Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone by CptAsian
- › ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5 Video Card by WeRNothiNg
- › Asus GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5 192Bit PCI Express... by WeRNothiNg
- › Lsi Internal SATA/SAS 9211-8i 6Gb/s PCI-Express 2.0 RAID Controller... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › BGears 120mm Fan Filter by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Datavac Electric Duster by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Evga SuperNOVA 1000 G2 by Archea47
- › Amped Wireless High Power 700mW Dual Band AC Wi-Fi Range Extender... by WilliamGayde
- › CASE ROSEWILL / BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case by ricwoodard
- › Steelseries Siberia v2 FrostBlue Edition USB... by kyuren95
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace
- › Chat over LAN without cmd using LAN Messenger. by agentoo7
- › Posting Guidelines for Hardware, Vendor, and... by Chipp
- › fan control modding by Dalbaa
- › Why Bonaire is overrated and R7-260X is a... by AlphaC
- › Estimating Fan requirements (draft) by AlphaC
- › Rate My Build by mezzi2010
- › DRAFT : R9 290X compute & workstation by AlphaC