As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2299 Active Users (416 Members and 1883 Guests)
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club 33 seconds ago
- › My new STH10 build 35 seconds ago
- › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X 49 seconds ago
- › ZEN - Hyper Thread 1 minute ago
- › Personal Comparison of Stock 480 vs. Max OC 480 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Rise Of The Tomb Raider Information & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How to create a custom water block for a motherboard? 4 minutes ago
- › [Various] AMD RX 480 Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › My Intel Q9400 needs a boost...care to help? 5 minutes ago
- › Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Reservoir, Clear Tube, White POM Cap by TheCautiousOne
- › Bitspower Z-Multi 250 Water Tank by TheCautiousOne
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by TheCautiousOne
- › Highspeed PC XL-ATX Top Deck Tech Station by Jedson3614
- › Enermax Platimax 1350W by Jedson3614
- › SCOTTeVEST Performance POLO by Jedson3614
- › 1st Player Steampunk Keyboard by TheN00bBuilder
- › Enermax Liqmax II 240 by Jedson3614
- › Cooler Master Master Box 5 by Jedson3614
- › HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile... by cravinmild
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...