As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3261 Active Users (749 Members and 2512 Guests)
- › Crossover 44K UHD LED 40 Inch Monitor? 18 seconds ago
- › Performance PCs discount code? 32 seconds ago
- › AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver Overclocking Guide - Asus Motherboard 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Grand Theft Auto V Information & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › [PC PER] CES 2015: ASUS MG279Q WQHD Gaming Monitor with 144Hz IPS... 1 minute ago
- › Hello 2 minutes ago
- › 2x R9 270 Dual-X OC 2GB 2 minutes ago
- › Non-gaming build 2 minutes ago
- › d5 pump run upside down 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN X Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Intel Pentium Processor G3258 4 BX80646G3258 by Elektro
- › AMD A4-6300 3.7GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 Dual-Core Desktop... by Elektro
- › MSI Graphics Card R9 290X LIGHTNING by numbrs
- › Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch (Silent Tactile) by Tohru Rokuno
- › Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM) by sam66er
- › Intel Core i7-4790K Processor- BX80646I74790K by numbrs
- › ASRock Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer ATX AMD Motherboard by rebaygsda
- › Intel Core i7-5960X Processor by superericla
- › Intel Core i7-5930K Processor by Kylar182
- › BIOSTAR H81MHV3 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard by Elektro
- › loading sound card into PCIe Slot
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech