As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2922 Active Users (483 Members and 2439 Guests)
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 2 seconds ago
- › Best way to backup hard drives? 1 minute ago
- › [TT] AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much 1 minute ago
- › Question: can I boot windows ten from an Intel 750 PCI express SSD 2 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 3 minutes ago
- › AGON AG352UCG - 35 inch 1440p 100hz VA G-sync ultrawide 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 4 minutes ago
- › [GAMESPOT] GameStop To Close Up To 225 Stores Worldwide 5 minutes ago
- › Help stabilizing my DDR4 4000 6 minutes ago
- › Removing one end of PCI-E double cables 6 minutes ago
- › Alphacool Lighttower All-in-One Reservoir/Pump Combo w/Phobya... by EcksMega
- › ASUS Prime B350-Plus AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 USB 3.1... by OldNerd
- › MyDigitalSSD BPX 80mm (2280) M.2 PCI Express 3.0 x4 (PCIe Gen3 x4)... by Jedson3614
- › NZXT Kraken X52 All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooling System Cooling, Black... by Duality92
- › Nixeus REVEL Gaming Mouse - PixArt PMW 3360 Sensor with 8 Preset... by Duality92
- › Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 by Khalaharee
- › Creative Labs K08 & M04 by Jedson3614
- › G.Skill Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Full RGB (RIPJAWS KM570 RGB,... by Duality92
- › Phononic HEX 2.0 Thermoelectric CPU Cooler, Black by Duality92
- › BitFenix Shogun E-ATX Dual Tempered Glass Gaming Case with Asus... by Duality92
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...