As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3514 Active Users (790 Members and 2724 Guests)
- › Trying to decide between 5960X / 5930K 3 seconds ago
- › [Various]Fury X pump/whine/buzz noise issue 3 seconds ago
- › EVGA SuperNova G2/P2/T2 and Super Flower Leadex Owners Club 28 seconds ago
- › Building my PC for the first time - HELP PLEASE 53 seconds ago
- › [TECHSPOT] Amazon July 15th sale, 20th anniversary, better sales... 1 minute ago
- › Need help improving current temps in a Define S 1 minute ago
- › [DIGITIMES] Supply chain players gear up for new Nintendo console 1 minute ago
- › Shopping for gaming headset 1 minute ago
- › The NZXT H-Series Club (H630, H440, H230) 2 minutes ago
- › Building a Mini ITX entry Level 4k Gaming PC 3 minutes ago
- › Supermicro S5 Gaming chassis by Hukkel
- › Phobya Phobya DC12-220 12Volt Pump by PinzaC55
- › GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 ATX Intel Motherboard by mxfreek09
- › Fractal Design Core 1000 by mxfreek09
- › GIGABYTE Radeon R9 270X Video Card by mxfreek09
- › Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Dual-Core Processor, 2.66 GHZ, 4M L2 Cache,... by modernsonicfan
- › Asus ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridge [2-WAY] tune-up parts for... by Wihglah
- › BitFenix Aegis by MisterNoisy
- › Icy Dock ToughArmor MB998SP-B by NKrader
- › Zowie Gear Gaming Mouse Pad (P-SR) by Arizonian
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test
- › How To - Fix Intel CPU + Geforce GTX SLI -...
- › The GTX 780 TI SLI - End of Life -...
- › I need some help with Overclock
- › How to raid 0 on 2 x SSD or 2 x HDD as...
- › Overclocking Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport...
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...