As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3232 Active Users (749 Members and 2483 Guests)
- › [Freebie] Portal 2 (Steam) 9 seconds ago
- › Noctua Fan ~ Painting Project 11 seconds ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North America) 17 seconds ago
- › 2 crossfire cables for a dual crossfire? 1 minute ago
- › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread 1 minute ago
- › Need HDD recommendation 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club 1 minute ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [FREEBIE] XEON W3530 2 minutes ago
- › MSI Z77A-G45 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS by USMCRD
- › OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-240G 2.5"" MLC Internal Solid... by USMCRD
- › Xigmatek LOKI SD963 92mm HYPRO Bearing CPU Cooler bracket included... by USMCRD
- › Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Red Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower... by USMCRD
- › Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155 by USMCRD
- › Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case... by Skye12977
- › Phanteks PWM Fan Hub Controller (PH-PWHUB_01) by DaveLT
- › Silverstone Tek 120 x120 x 25mm 1500 RPM Air Penetrator and Air... by DaveLT
- › Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by JoeDirt
- › Prolimatech MK-26 Universal VGA Cooler (ATI and NVIDIA) by JoeDirt
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine