As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2362 Active Users (432 Members and 1930 Guests)
- › [Build Log] Nivlheim black/blue theme, Jonsbo/Cooltek W2 29 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club 2 minutes ago
- › HDD installation question 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk has lightning-fast SSD drives that are as cheap as regular... 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club 4 minutes ago
- › [KG] AMD clarifies cross-license with Intel: change of control... 4 minutes ago
- › Nvidia control panel - Access denied, Failed to apply selected... 4 minutes ago
- › I think I killed my Dads PC, where should I start troubleshooting?... 5 minutes ago
- › Sleeved Cable Color Example Gallery and Color Suggestion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair CC-9011048-WW Carbide Series Air 540 White (CC-9011048-WW) by obikenobi27
- › Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor by thesuperegoist
- › Klipsch R6i Black In-Ear Headphone with Patented Oval Tip (Black) by Nfsdude0125
- › Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V Black Nickel CPU Cooler with 120mm... by raisethe3
- › Intel Core i5-2550K Processor 3.4 4 LGA 1155 BX80623I52550K by raisethe3
- › FinalMouse 2015 by FrankWmof
- › AeroCool Vs-3 Advance Mid-Tower Gaming Case by gasparspeed
- › G.SKILL NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3... by Elektro
- › Mayhems Biocide Extreme by NewUser16
- › Rosewill Neutron Mini ITX Computer Case, Supports VGA Card Length... by Skye12977
- › CPU Overclocking - ASUS K52JU
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10
- › loading sound card into PCIe Slot
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...