As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2151 Active Users (404 Members and 1747 Guests)
- › [Official] Radeon RX480/470/460 Owners Club 28 seconds ago
- › Tekken 7 Information & Discussion 37 seconds ago
- › [Official] Battlefield: 1 Information and Discussion Thread 44 seconds ago
- › excited to get back into BOINC for OCN team 1 minute ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 1 minute ago
- › [Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino 1 minute ago
- › Discrepancy between Thermal Bench & Extreme Rigs reviews of... 2 minutes ago
- › [Forum Folding War 2017] Team BOINC 3 minutes ago
- › Is this really an Aluminum Base? 4 minutes ago
- › Crucial Storage Executive, Version 3.38 by AlphaC
- › Samsung Magician 5.0 by AlphaC
- › Silverstone PM01 Matte Black by Duality92
- › Azza Photios250 by Duality92
- › COUGAR ATTACK X3 RGB Premium Gaming Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry... by WilliamGayde
- › GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 ATX AMD Motherboard by Butthungrymonkee
- › CRONOS RGB 3D 7.1 Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset by Jedson3614
- › Cougar Minos X3 Gaming Mouse by WilliamGayde
- › MSI GT72DOMINATORG1227 GT72 Dominator G-1227 i7-6820HK G-Sync GTX... by boostinsteve
- › Kasda Networks KA1900 Dual Band Wireless Router by WilliamGayde
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test