As my last post stated i am in the process of upgrading my pc to truly be fit to be called a gaming pc even if it is pretty norm.
Last time got a new hard drive. Last night, got a new Graphics card, the Visiontek Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 128-bit
Now keep in mind, i was coming from an oldschool Asus GeForce 7300 LE/SE.
All I did though was uninstall all nVidia drivers and other related programs on my hard drive... and then rebooted and installed the new card and drivers.
Went from the disc drivers CCC 9.10 to 10.4 and then back to 10.3 since it was the last stable one as far as I know.
However my temps are good everything else seems fine, yet occasionally, not often but occasionally my computer will just shut off my monitor as if it wasnt connected or black screen and freeze up. Then its time to hard boot.
I've narrowed it down to two things It could be and that i need to do...
1. Uninstall CCC and related drivers, driversweep, and then try again.
and if thats not it, then:
2. Powersupply upgrade sooner than expected as I think it may not be getting enough juice at times causing the lockups.
It was going to be my next upgrade anyways, however due to circumstances I think I may get that and see if it solves it sooner.
Well, for now I can at least game since it doesnt happen often
Till next time, cheers to hopefully solving this ^_^
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2619 Active Users (502 Members and 2117 Guests)
- › how to get VGA hooked up to GA-F2A88XN-Wifi 6 seconds ago
- › Compact Splash Brotherhood 6 seconds ago
- › Official Computer Room Pics 28 seconds ago
- › Case fans - PWM vs v NON PWM fans 1 minute ago
- › The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official] 2 minutes ago
- › [ipon] Shadow of Mordor: 6GB of VRAM for ultra textures 3 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Hi! What do you guys do for a living??! 4 minutes ago
- › [AMD] Catalyst 14.9 WHQL Released 4 minutes ago
- › [Various, OCN] Samsung Acknowledges the SSD 840 EVO Read... 5 minutes ago
- › DOOGEE PIXELS DG350 MTK6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz 1GB RAM 4GB ROM... by LukePilot152
- › PlayStation 4 by Thready
- › Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - 256GB / Intel i5 by BigMack70
- › ASUS A88XM-PLUS/CSM Micro ATX AMD Motherboard by jumpy2219
- › Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch (Silent Tactile) by Jixr
- › Kingsing S2 Mtk6582 Quad Core Phone White by voodooxxx
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Gavush
- › Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Computer Case With Side... by Gavush
- › Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red) by Sideways8LV
- › EPSON WorkForce 630 Wireless InkJet MFC / All-In-One Color Printer... by Thready
- › Custom Desk Buil Log
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...