I just picked up my June '04 PC World and thought I would thumb through it. I've always liked PCW and this is just a new and abstract reason to still like them.
Time capsule in print.
Not even 10 pages in there is a Newegg adverticement. 2 pager actually. Remember the Athlon 64s'? I do. I couldn't even afford to buy the top end CPU, so I had to dream and just wait for it to come down in price. But then BAM! We got Phenom. So yet again I waited. Which led to Phenom II(knee jerk wait moment welling up inside, though I can afford the 965 if I wanted it) and this year the Thuban is probably going to drop in June.
But that's not what I'm on about. Nope. It's price. Athlon 64 3400+ in Jun of '04 was $416. Today if you go to the same site a 965 Deneb AM3 chip is $189 or less. That's almost $250 less than its predecessor processor.
A Seagate 80g drive? $74. Today you can get a TB drive for around the same price. My Hitachi Deskstar cost me $75. TB (EASILY) > 80g. Runs circles around it and does a tap dance on it's headstone.
Everything is getting more and more affordable and this dude is like a kid abandoned all night in a sweet shoppe after closing.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1791 Active Users (239 Members and 1552 Guests)
- › Repository Of Power Supply Pin Outs. 1 minute ago
- › August 2017 Foldathon: Monday 21st - Wednesday 23rd - 1200 ET/1600 UTC 4 minutes ago
- › Soundcard hum or buzz fix... 4 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8 Core HEDT CPU Officially... 7 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club 9 minutes ago
- › Samsung monitors of 2016 introduced (Curved, High Resolution,... 12 minutes ago
- › [eTeknix] Intel’s Core i9-7960X Takes 8 Out of 9 Records Versus... 13 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 14 minutes ago
- › AMD X399 (Socket TR4) VRM thread 15 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 20 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...