Everyone holds their own beliefs, and moreover there are certain things each person sort of holds up and cherishes even if those around them don't or loath that very thing...
Well I just found out that EA went ahead and kept DRM on Red Alert 3. I was hoping against hope that the Spore fallout would quash these plans...
Shallow and selfish as it may sound, when we live in a world where everything I take for granted is a miracle. But this is akin to burning a holy text in front of a true believer to put it in context...
My personal belief is that "if I give them my monies purchasing something with DRM, it only gives them more reason to continue using it". I mean I don't care about CD/DVD checks or SecuROM SafeDisc [/edit] as I have never had issues with them before; Starforce yes, but the aforementioned no. But activation limited DRM makes my blood boil...
I'm also a lifelong C&C fanboy. I've owned every one on the PC. Heck, it kicked off gaming in general for me and eventually helped push my interest in PCs. Without C&C, I would likely be just some detached medical tech or undergraduate therapist.
It probably sounds like I'm mourning the death of the franchise, and for all intents and purposes so long as it carries the DRM it will be dead to me. The acquisition of Westwood by EA bothered me, but they soon after came out with C&C titles worthy of the name (Generals was a crap fluke however) so it never really bothered me all that much.
Now one thing that is a deal-breaker for me; that I will not support by purchasing something with it... is on a series that, against prevailing opinions of "better" options available, I still return to time and again.
Maybe it will be removed, although it is unlikely. Only time will tell.
Who knows, maybe I'm simply being melodramatic.
But before you pass your judgment, consider this:
Something you cherish, nearly against all prevailing wisdom, suddenly becomes one of the very things that symbolizes something you hate.
If you're faced with this prospect... what else can you do but lament it?
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1709 Active Users (265 Members and 1444 Guests)
- › Top 30 Unigine 'SUPERPOSITION' Benchmark 1 minute ago
- › Finalmouse Scream One 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support 4 minutes ago
- › [DSOG] AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 performs almost identically to the AMD... 6 minutes ago
- › G.Skill 4266 DDR4 on Ryzen disscussion thread 11 minutes ago
- › Official Computer Room Pics 12 minutes ago
- › AMD X399 (Socket TR4) VRM thread 12 minutes ago
- › [CNET] Android Oreo is here and you can get it soon 15 minutes ago
- › Ryzen ovc while saving power features on X370 K7 GB Mobo 17 minutes ago
- › [Ventrilo] Version 4.0 of Ventrilo has been Released 17 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...