Here's a funny story about what i had to go trough today with my sons playing Runescape.
As some of you might now Runescape is a online RPG with lousy graphics, horrible gameplay and a ingame music that drives me nuts.
Anyway, My son decided in a short blast of good faith of naivity and good trust to give away his log-in accounts to one of his so called "friends".
Now this is where the fun starts, He expected this friend to get him some gear that he wouldn't be able to get himself.
But whatever happened, no gear and after he saw his account logged out (he was on his brothers account to watch progress) he tried to log in using his log-in name and password and guess what.....
Unable to log in, this so called friend had altered his account pass and not planning to give away the details.
Now i had been watching this whole thing evolve from the living room couch and when my son bursted into desperaty and tears it was time to do something about it, Never tease the kalf because you'll get to hande the bull.
I've never played the game my entire life but if there was a time to learn it, it was now, logged in on a newb account and searched for the "friend" that hasseled my son.
Quickly found him and started a nice little conversation with him. The boy on the other side of the line was in no way conciddering handing over the new password so i've decided to raise the stackes a bit.
Told him he had exactly 1 minute to hand over the acc or i'd hax03 his interwebz account to kingdom come.
Now you know and i know that is almost impossible to do and prohibited by law but threatning with it was enough to do the trick.
Within a minute i had the new password to my sons account, logged in and changed it.
Moral of this story, No matter how long you know someone ingame, never trust them and never give away log-in details to anyone!
(svyat suggested me to post this in the blog as well as it might be best suited here)
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1959 Active Users (233 Members and 1726 Guests)
- › Fractal Design Node 202 Owners Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Help for OC i7 4790K / confused about adaptive voltage 54 seconds ago
- › Official Computer Room Pics 2 minutes ago
- › GSync above monitor refresh rate? 2 minutes ago
- › Broadwell-E thread 4 minutes ago
- › Choosing fans for the case front panel... 8 minutes ago
- › [Build Log] Humble SM5 MK2: Even more humbler 8 minutes ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 9 minutes ago
- › EK Club 10 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 10 minutes ago
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...