After running Windows 7 on my lappy for quite some time i decided it was a good idea to replace my borked xp installation of my main rig with the sparkling new OS. Especially since my Vista was due for a fresh install to i just took the plunge into the deep and slapped in the windows 7 disk.
Now the "fun" really started, After trying to upgrade i got a language error, go figure my xp was in my native language and Windows 7, only supports english when installing.
So reboot and trying to install without formatting thus keeping my old files stored in xp........ big crash and a bsod.
Next try, put my settings back to stock and do the fresh install including the format.....installing..entering key......crash, my system locked and nothing else left but push reset.
Now my rig went into a bootloop....(insert heavy cursing here) Disconnected all drives but one and managed to get the installer running again.
Installing win7 without a hitch, until the key needed entry, skipped it and behold setup managed to get as far as a desktop......a very empty desktop though followed with another bonus bsod.
At this point i was ready to toss the entire rig out of the window. For some odd reason i decided to replace my cordless mouse and keyboard with the ones from the HTPC. Rebooted and another fresh install and oh yea! Finally got windows 7 up and running, in fact posting from it right now.
I'm starting to hate pc's.......... really.... hate em....
Currently, there are 2345 Active Users (369 Members and 1976 Guests)
- › Which case for building a NAS server? 57 seconds ago
- › Will you react on the x299 VRM disaster? 1 minute ago
- › [Ars] Wisconsin lawmakers vote to pay Foxconn $3 billion to get new... 2 minutes ago
- › Possible new Ryzen build 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] The Windows 10 Club 3 minutes ago
- › digitally signed sweetlow 1000hz mouse driver 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 5 1600X | 1600 | 1500X | 1400 Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 6 minutes ago
- › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 8 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...