I thought the show was perfect in the previous format...80% game reviews suitable for average games, peppered with some generally good humor; and 20% other game related content (previews, etc.)
The new format sucks. From the handful I've seen so far, they've dropped it down to one review per show. One. WTH? Other changes:
1. One "preview" per show, with a game developer there to walk you through it. Nice in principle, but sorry...these guys are NOT good entertainment. They're boring, they just don't interview well.
2. The "Gaming Update" segment that they crammed into the middle of the old format is now the leadoff segment, apparently to create a "news segment" format or something. But it's just a bunch of fluff high-level topics that we probably already know about.
3. Thursday they had an interview with a Sony guy, talking up Sony's plans for 2008. Again...nice idea, but yawn.
4. Apparently they fired the deep-voiced guy that did the commercial intro and outros, and replaced him with an out of work morning DJ. Seriously, he sounds like he's trying to get us worked up for the X-Play Morning Zoo on G4 FM radio. I literally want to punch him every time I hear his voice.
The problem with all these changes is that they have sucked the spark out of the show: it's humor. If G4 wanted a news show, they should have made a news show. Instead, they took over and screwed up the one good show they had left on the air. G4 always caught a lot of flak on these boards, but I always defended them because I thought X-Play rocked. But now...I just don't see it staying on auto-record on my DVR anymore.
New X-Play = fail.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2615 Active Users (466 Members and 2149 Guests)
- › $1,200 Gaming Build Check Please just now
- › [KitGuru] AMD Radeon RX Vega caught hiding in plain sight 36 seconds ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › [GURU3D] Acer announces ACER Predator X27 G-Sync HDR gaming monitor... 1 minute ago
- › [Square-Enix] Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood benchmark 1 minute ago
- › General Team Discussion-Corwin keep those stats a rollin' 3 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › [BI] Tesla's semitruck can be driven around 'like a sports car' 3 minutes ago
- › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 5 minutes ago
- › XFX Gts XXX Edition Rx 580 8GB OC+ 1386Mhz DDR5 3xDP HDMI DVI... by Jedson3614
- › GIGABYTE GM-M6980X Black Wired Pro-Laser Mouse by ramonamiller
- › Orion TV 22 inch by fedrosishere
- › Kanto YU4 Powered Speakers with Bluetooth and Phono Preamp - Gloss... by SightUp
- › Gigabyte XTREME Gaming Mouse (GM-XM300) by orlahirish
- › Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones by raisethe3
- › Logitech G Pro Gaming FPS Mouse with Advanced Gaming Sensor for... by raisethe3
- › AMD YD1700BBAEBOX Ryzen 7 1700 Processor with Wraith Spire LED Cooler by bluedevil
- › Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A by 1n5aN1aC
- › DIYPC Alpha-GT3 Bench Computer Case by rediornot
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's