I thought the show was perfect in the previous format...80% game reviews suitable for average games, peppered with some generally good humor; and 20% other game related content (previews, etc.)
The new format sucks. From the handful I've seen so far, they've dropped it down to one review per show. One. WTH? Other changes:
1. One "preview" per show, with a game developer there to walk you through it. Nice in principle, but sorry...these guys are NOT good entertainment. They're boring, they just don't interview well.
2. The "Gaming Update" segment that they crammed into the middle of the old format is now the leadoff segment, apparently to create a "news segment" format or something. But it's just a bunch of fluff high-level topics that we probably already know about.
3. Thursday they had an interview with a Sony guy, talking up Sony's plans for 2008. Again...nice idea, but yawn.
4. Apparently they fired the deep-voiced guy that did the commercial intro and outros, and replaced him with an out of work morning DJ. Seriously, he sounds like he's trying to get us worked up for the X-Play Morning Zoo on G4 FM radio. I literally want to punch him every time I hear his voice.
The problem with all these changes is that they have sucked the spark out of the show: it's humor. If G4 wanted a news show, they should have made a news show. Instead, they took over and screwed up the one good show they had left on the air. G4 always caught a lot of flak on these boards, but I always defended them because I thought X-Play rocked. But now...I just don't see it staying on auto-record on my DVR anymore.
New X-Play = fail.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2142 Active Users (368 Members and 1774 Guests)
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club 14 seconds ago
- › Affordable AMD motherboard for overclocking 8320e 41 seconds ago
- › GTX 1080 vs Maxwell Titan X Feedback 49 seconds ago
- › Laptop running extremely slowly/not working 1 minute ago
- › Looking for best 120mm AIO water cooler 1 minute ago
- › [babeltechreviews] The Fury X vs. the GTX 980 Ti Revisited with 36... 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › I broke my monitor 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club 5 minutes ago
- › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound BlasterX Katana by WilliamGayde
- › LG 29UC88-B UltraWide IPS LED HDMI X 2 Monitor by AlphaC
- › LG Electronics UM67 29UM67 29-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor by AlphaC
- › Lumsing Harmonica Series Dual-USB Portable Battery Charger 13000... by KipH
- › Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler... by AyyMD
- › Western Digital Black 1TB (WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0) 7200rpm, 64mb cache... by Walitorax
- › Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct by AyyMD
- › Rajintek 240 AIO by Jedson3614
- › be quiet! Pure Rock by Dan-H
- › Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB keyboard by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...