I thought the show was perfect in the previous format...80% game reviews suitable for average games, peppered with some generally good humor; and 20% other game related content (previews, etc.)
The new format sucks. From the handful I've seen so far, they've dropped it down to one review per show. One. WTH? Other changes:
1. One "preview" per show, with a game developer there to walk you through it. Nice in principle, but sorry...these guys are NOT good entertainment. They're boring, they just don't interview well.
2. The "Gaming Update" segment that they crammed into the middle of the old format is now the leadoff segment, apparently to create a "news segment" format or something. But it's just a bunch of fluff high-level topics that we probably already know about.
3. Thursday they had an interview with a Sony guy, talking up Sony's plans for 2008. Again...nice idea, but yawn.
4. Apparently they fired the deep-voiced guy that did the commercial intro and outros, and replaced him with an out of work morning DJ. Seriously, he sounds like he's trying to get us worked up for the X-Play Morning Zoo on G4 FM radio. I literally want to punch him every time I hear his voice.
The problem with all these changes is that they have sucked the spark out of the show: it's humor. If G4 wanted a news show, they should have made a news show. Instead, they took over and screwed up the one good show they had left on the air. G4 always caught a lot of flak on these boards, but I always defended them because I thought X-Play rocked. But now...I just don't see it staying on auto-record on my DVR anymore.
New X-Play = fail.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2578 Active Users (603 Members and 1975 Guests)
- › Windows 7: Who is not making the move to Microsoft Windows 10 19 seconds ago
- › [Official] ASUS X99-E WS Owner's thread 1 minute ago
- › 10gb cat6a/cat7 pc to pc? 1 minute ago
- › Xonar Essence STX and Logitech 5.1 Speakers 1 minute ago
- › Monitor stays Black after new graphics card 1 minute ago
- › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with... 2 minutes ago
- › IRST Drivers 2 minutes ago
- › [SPONSORED] Project Parvum Argentum - 5960X, 4x Titan X, 2000W... 3 minutes ago
- › AsRock OC Formula 3.1 better than the Asus sabertooth? 3 minutes ago
- › I think there may be water damage on my GPU. Is there any way I can... 3 minutes ago
- › Sapphire Radeon VAPOR-X R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP with... by WorldOfMine
- › Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Black Gaming Computer Case Galaxy-01 by WorldOfMine
- › Intel Core i3-4370 3.8GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor by WorldOfMine
- › Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop by Nfsdude0125
- › Alienware 15 ANW15-5350SLV 15.6" i7-4710HQ 16GB 128GB SSD +... by bluehawaiiASTR
- › PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller by sbcontt
- › Hayate Otsu Soft L Japan Violet | Samurai Gaming Mouse Pad (Made in... by Arizonian
- › SteelSeries Apex M800 Customizable Mechanical Gaming Keyboard by WilliamGayde
- › HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse pad (Made in Japan) by Arizonian
- › Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power... by thesuperegoist
- › BenQ FP241W not working with certain games.
- › New User -Opinions/Information Needed
- › Grand Theft Auto V build 393.2 - Performance...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test
- › How To - Fix Intel CPU + Geforce GTX SLI -...
- › The GTX 780 TI SLI - End of Life -...
- › I need some help with Overclock
- › How to raid 0 on 2 x SSD or 2 x HDD as...
- › Overclocking Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport...
- › The Big VR Face-Off