I thought the show was perfect in the previous format...80% game reviews suitable for average games, peppered with some generally good humor; and 20% other game related content (previews, etc.)
The new format sucks. From the handful I've seen so far, they've dropped it down to one review per show. One. WTH? Other changes:
1. One "preview" per show, with a game developer there to walk you through it. Nice in principle, but sorry...these guys are NOT good entertainment. They're boring, they just don't interview well.
2. The "Gaming Update" segment that they crammed into the middle of the old format is now the leadoff segment, apparently to create a "news segment" format or something. But it's just a bunch of fluff high-level topics that we probably already know about.
3. Thursday they had an interview with a Sony guy, talking up Sony's plans for 2008. Again...nice idea, but yawn.
4. Apparently they fired the deep-voiced guy that did the commercial intro and outros, and replaced him with an out of work morning DJ. Seriously, he sounds like he's trying to get us worked up for the X-Play Morning Zoo on G4 FM radio. I literally want to punch him every time I hear his voice.
The problem with all these changes is that they have sucked the spark out of the show: it's humor. If G4 wanted a news show, they should have made a news show. Instead, they took over and screwed up the one good show they had left on the air. G4 always caught a lot of flak on these boards, but I always defended them because I thought X-Play rocked. But now...I just don't see it staying on auto-record on my DVR anymore.
New X-Play = fail.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3275 Active Users (764 Members and 2511 Guests)
- › Projects of the Month for October 2014 24 seconds ago
- › [Official] Star Citizen Information & Discussion Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Post your Two Tone CaseLabs case 43 seconds ago
- › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. 1 minute ago
- › Bought a used motherboard. It is in rough shape - good to use? 1 minute ago
- › New to SLI - Having Issues 1 minute ago
- › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club 1 minute ago
- › [Scratch Build] Baby Moon *Complete!* 1 minute ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › [OFFICIAL] Elite: Dangerous Information and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MSI Z77A-G45 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS by USMCRD
- › OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-240G 2.5"" MLC Internal Solid... by USMCRD
- › Xigmatek LOKI SD963 92mm HYPRO Bearing CPU Cooler bracket included... by USMCRD
- › Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Red Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower... by USMCRD
- › Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155 by USMCRD
- › Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case... by Skye12977
- › Phanteks PWM Fan Hub Controller (PH-PWHUB_01) by DaveLT
- › Silverstone Tek 120 x120 x 25mm 1500 RPM Air Penetrator and Air... by DaveLT
- › Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by JoeDirt
- › Prolimatech MK-26 Universal VGA Cooler (ATI and NVIDIA) by JoeDirt
- › watch}}} Tulsa vs Memphis Live Streaming
- › STREAM@@@@ Tulsa vs Memphis Live Streaming
- › STREAMING::::::Tulsa vs Memphis Live Streaming
- › LIVE}}} Cincinnati vs Tulane Live Stream
- › watch}}} Cincinnati vs Tulane Live Streaming
- › STREAM@@@@Cincinnati vs Tulane Live Streaming
- › STREAMING::::::Cincinnati vs Tulane Live...
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel