I thought the show was perfect in the previous format...80% game reviews suitable for average games, peppered with some generally good humor; and 20% other game related content (previews, etc.)
The new format sucks. From the handful I've seen so far, they've dropped it down to one review per show. One. WTH? Other changes:
1. One "preview" per show, with a game developer there to walk you through it. Nice in principle, but sorry...these guys are NOT good entertainment. They're boring, they just don't interview well.
2. The "Gaming Update" segment that they crammed into the middle of the old format is now the leadoff segment, apparently to create a "news segment" format or something. But it's just a bunch of fluff high-level topics that we probably already know about.
3. Thursday they had an interview with a Sony guy, talking up Sony's plans for 2008. Again...nice idea, but yawn.
4. Apparently they fired the deep-voiced guy that did the commercial intro and outros, and replaced him with an out of work morning DJ. Seriously, he sounds like he's trying to get us worked up for the X-Play Morning Zoo on G4 FM radio. I literally want to punch him every time I hear his voice.
The problem with all these changes is that they have sucked the spark out of the show: it's humor. If G4 wanted a news show, they should have made a news show. Instead, they took over and screwed up the one good show they had left on the air. G4 always caught a lot of flak on these boards, but I always defended them because I thought X-Play rocked. But now...I just don't see it staying on auto-record on my DVR anymore.
New X-Play = fail.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3970 Active Users (912 Members and 3058 Guests)
- › [ARS] Intel’s 800Gbps cables headed to cloud data centers and... 7 seconds ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club 12 seconds ago
- › Stop the emails 13 seconds ago
- › [TheIntercept] How the NSA Plans to Infect ‘Millions’ of Computers... 20 seconds ago
- › [Razer] New Razer Blade with GTX 870M and 3200x1800 IGZO IPS... 37 seconds ago
- › [CNET] Xbox Live struggles with access issues as Titanfall launches 46 seconds ago
- › [Official] The Korean PLS Monitor Club (Qnix & X-Star) 49 seconds ago
- › [DSO] New Tech Demo Of Unreal Engine 4 Running On FireFox Without... 58 seconds ago
- › [Engadget] Watch Dogs release set for May 27th 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Star Citizen Information & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › OcUK Mega Mat Medium Elite Tactical Gaming Surface by Sencha
- › Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop Processor by TheOCNoob
- › MSI Z77 MPOWER Optimized DDR3 2133 16GB Kit (4 x 4GB) Quad Channel... by PROBN4LYFE
- › SteelSeries 9H Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, and Mobile Devices by Totally Dubbed
- › SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound... by WilliamGayde
- › Diablotek DA Series PSDA400 400W Power Supply by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › Leopold FC200RR/AB Tenkeyless Linear Touch by Darin
- › VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (Black, Set of 4) by Jolly Roger
- › AMD CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz AM3... by bassman78
- › How To: Extract Your Windows 8/8.1 Key (All... by alancsalt
- › Calculating Power Savings from a Platinum PSU by AlphaC
- › EVGA Hadron Air Chassis - Tips &... by Coreda
- › AMD Mantle, CPU Bottlenecks, CPU Limitations,... by RagingCain
- › [Op-ed/Opinion] Why AMD needs an R9 280 or R9... by AlphaC
- › Qosmio x70-75 Overheating Solutions by Arizonian
- › How to maintain and properly setup an SSD in... by Rookie1337
- › How to get the best sound with and properly... by Rookie1337
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace