I thought the show was perfect in the previous format...80% game reviews suitable for average games, peppered with some generally good humor; and 20% other game related content (previews, etc.)
The new format sucks. From the handful I've seen so far, they've dropped it down to one review per show. One. WTH? Other changes:
1. One "preview" per show, with a game developer there to walk you through it. Nice in principle, but sorry...these guys are NOT good entertainment. They're boring, they just don't interview well.
2. The "Gaming Update" segment that they crammed into the middle of the old format is now the leadoff segment, apparently to create a "news segment" format or something. But it's just a bunch of fluff high-level topics that we probably already know about.
3. Thursday they had an interview with a Sony guy, talking up Sony's plans for 2008. Again...nice idea, but yawn.
4. Apparently they fired the deep-voiced guy that did the commercial intro and outros, and replaced him with an out of work morning DJ. Seriously, he sounds like he's trying to get us worked up for the X-Play Morning Zoo on G4 FM radio. I literally want to punch him every time I hear his voice.
The problem with all these changes is that they have sucked the spark out of the show: it's humor. If G4 wanted a news show, they should have made a news show. Instead, they took over and screwed up the one good show they had left on the air. G4 always caught a lot of flak on these boards, but I always defended them because I thought X-Play rocked. But now...I just don't see it staying on auto-record on my DVR anymore.
New X-Play = fail.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2266 Active Users (404 Members and 1862 Guests)
- › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X 40 seconds ago
- › How to make Speedfan startup faster in Win 10 Pro?? 1 minute ago
- › gigabyte x58 ud7 1 minute ago
- › [NextPowerUp] Windows 10 Warns About Chrome Battery Drain,... 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club 2 minutes ago
- › How to create a custom water block for a motherboard? 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club 4 minutes ago
- › My new STH10 build 4 minutes ago
- › ZEN - Hyper Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Personal Comparison of Stock 480 vs. Max OC 480 6 minutes ago
- › Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Reservoir, Clear Tube, White POM Cap by TheCautiousOne
- › Bitspower Z-Multi 250 Water Tank by TheCautiousOne
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by TheCautiousOne
- › Highspeed PC XL-ATX Top Deck Tech Station by Jedson3614
- › Enermax Platimax 1350W by Jedson3614
- › SCOTTeVEST Performance POLO by Jedson3614
- › 1st Player Steampunk Keyboard by TheN00bBuilder
- › Enermax Liqmax II 240 by Jedson3614
- › Cooler Master Master Box 5 by Jedson3614
- › HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile... by cravinmild
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...