I thought the show was perfect in the previous format...80% game reviews suitable for average games, peppered with some generally good humor; and 20% other game related content (previews, etc.)
The new format sucks. From the handful I've seen so far, they've dropped it down to one review per show. One. WTH? Other changes:
1. One "preview" per show, with a game developer there to walk you through it. Nice in principle, but sorry...these guys are NOT good entertainment. They're boring, they just don't interview well.
2. The "Gaming Update" segment that they crammed into the middle of the old format is now the leadoff segment, apparently to create a "news segment" format or something. But it's just a bunch of fluff high-level topics that we probably already know about.
3. Thursday they had an interview with a Sony guy, talking up Sony's plans for 2008. Again...nice idea, but yawn.
4. Apparently they fired the deep-voiced guy that did the commercial intro and outros, and replaced him with an out of work morning DJ. Seriously, he sounds like he's trying to get us worked up for the X-Play Morning Zoo on G4 FM radio. I literally want to punch him every time I hear his voice.
The problem with all these changes is that they have sucked the spark out of the show: it's humor. If G4 wanted a news show, they should have made a news show. Instead, they took over and screwed up the one good show they had left on the air. G4 always caught a lot of flak on these boards, but I always defended them because I thought X-Play rocked. But now...I just don't see it staying on auto-record on my DVR anymore.
New X-Play = fail.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2153 Active Users (456 Members and 1697 Guests)
- › Little help with AMD CPU 23 seconds ago
- › [Xbox] Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Open Beta on Windows 10 Arrives May 5 33 seconds ago
- › Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club. 57 seconds ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Information & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 6950X Benchmarked 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club 3 minutes ago
- › Overclock.Net Podcast: LIVE Every Thursday @ 9 PM EST! 4 minutes ago
- › [Various]Nvidia have begun shipping out a riddles to select sites:... 5 minutes ago
- › headphones for gamer with glasses(and big head) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica ATH A900X by slickwilly
- › Nixeus MODA PRO MK-104BN16 (Kailh Brown Switches) by Duality92
- › Perfect Pixel WASABI MANGO UHD400 REAL 4K HDMI 2.0 40" UHD... by RollerCoaster9
- › Gigabyte XTREME Gaming Mouse (GM-XM300) by 44TZL
- › Alphacool Eisplateau Anti-Static Work- and Mounting Mat, 120x60cm by Ypsylon
- › Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO Open Studio Headphones 250 Ohms by Farih
- › Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 by SundayGamer
- › Corsair Vengeance M65 Black Wired Laser Gaming Mouse by SundayGamer
- › EK Waterblocks EK-RES X4 250 by Ypsylon
- › Rosewill Gaming Keyboard (RIKB-11003) by Mingan
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...