post #31 of 44 Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Data Beats Theory AirGoes Where You Push It

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1372
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydream99 View Post

Ahahaha. You seem to adore velcro. I'll give it a try.

I have an SSD stuck on with Velcro. I have a single-channel fan controller Velcro'd upside-down inside my case. I have a CCD box Velcro'd upside down against the top of my case. If I had thought about Velcro when I cut out my bottom fan hole I would have used it instead of screwholes. The stuff is marvelously versatile, and strong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 06-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Case Modder

Liked: 127
if the sticky has a strong hold and you are worried about damaging the piece before
the sticky give away, a couple of drops of "GOO GONE" at the seam of the velco wait
for 3-5min and it'll easily detach from the piece. smells citrusie and fresh..

airdeano
ehume likes this.

post #33 of 44 Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdeano View Post

if the sticky has a strong hold and you are worried about damaging the piece before
the sticky give away, a couple of drops of "GOO GONE" at the seam of the velco wait
for 3-5min and it'll easily detach from the piece. smells citrusie and fresh..

airdeano

Great advice. +rep

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 44 Old 06-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 1629
@ ehume

Could you give us a list of best nibblers to get?

Thanks

I've always trusted Klein, but can't get them here in UK for less then £50.bigeyedsmiley.png

post-flame-small.gifPhanteks Owners Club post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifWays to Better Cooling post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif1. Controling PWM Case Fans post-flame-small.gif2. Optimizing Case Cooling post-flame-small.gif3. Cooler Size Comparison & Cooling Comparison
post-flame-small.gif
=i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socket
Phanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPU i7 980xCooler R1 Ultimate w/ TY-147A fans RAM Dominator GT 6x2GB GPU ENGTX580 DCUII PSU Corsair TX850 Case [/COLOR]Phanteks Enthoo PrimoBase custom caster base
=i7 980X @ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #35 of 44 Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 PM

I haven't tried the others. I've just seen two right-angle nibblers: the Klein and the one with the thin handles. The guy who reported on the thin-handled one said it worked.

If you get that one, make sure you get it cheap.

post #36 of 44 Old 03-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Case Modder

Liked: 40
trace the 120 mm circle , trace another one with 120- half of a drill bit you have , calcul the perimeter of the inner circle , then you know approx how many smaller holes you can fit on the inner circle , trace them and pierce , then you finish to snap the inside piece with clipper and finish with a file. that the easier and less tools alternative to the attachment for the drill , which the drill don't really like, way to much torque and it block often , if too new or too old it keep getting stuck and it s pain to finish the cut.

better tool for that are manual/hydraulic wrench where you put a bolt trough a guide hole and have a 2 blade bell on the otherside that fit into a bell on the same side then the bolt and it tighten the bolt until the piece give away , take 5 min for each hole but it limited to a few millimeter of thickness

post #37 of 44 Old 02-25-2016, 11:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 7
Excuse the old thread ressurect....

Does anyone know where I can buy these right-angle nibblers mentioned in this thread? I can't find one anywhere.

I'm wanting to cut a fan hole in my 1mm thick aluminium case, along with a square hole. Sounds like a nibbler would be perfect
post #38 of 44 Old 02-26-2016, 02:59 AM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejobloggs View Post

Excuse the old thread ressurect....

Does anyone know where I can buy these right-angle nibblers mentioned in this thread? I can't find one anywhere.

I'm wanting to cut a fan hole in my 1mm thick aluminium case, along with a square hole. Sounds like a nibbler would be perfect
Where do you live?

post-flame-small.gifPhanteks Owners Club post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifWays to Better Cooling post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif1. Controling PWM Case Fans post-flame-small.gif2. Optimizing Case Cooling post-flame-small.gif3. Cooler Size Comparison & Cooling Comparison
post-flame-small.gif
=i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socket
Phanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPU i7 980xCooler R1 Ultimate w/ TY-147A fans RAM Dominator GT 6x2GB GPU ENGTX580 DCUII PSU Corsair TX850 Case [/COLOR]Phanteks Enthoo PrimoBase custom caster base
=i7 980X @ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #39 of 44 Old 02-26-2016, 03:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 7
New Zealand tongue.gif
post #40 of 44 Old 02-26-2016, 03:31 AM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejobloggs View Post

New Zealand tongue.gif
buttkick.gif
We know know why you can't find anything. biggrin.gif

Have you considered using a jigsaw with a very fin toothed blade? Or a power scrolling saw? Use masking tape to cover case panel so it won't get scratched, draw out the hole you want to cut, drill holes in the corners of square, plus a bigger hole to put saw blade through in square or circle, then carefully cut out the hole. If you cannot cut exactly on the line, error by leaving a little to file of later rather than cutting too much out. It is not too hard to file off more, but rather impossible to replace one cut out.tongue.gif

I use both nibbler and saw depending on project. Nibbler is great for straight lines with a straight edge clamped on as a guide, but even with a practiced hand it is often hard to nibble clean straight or curved lines. Saw (with practiced hand) might be easier way to cut nice line or circle. And of course practice on something else first. If you don't have something else, but a practice hole half inch smaller on each side than finished hole first. Once you feel you have the saw under control you can cut the needed opening.

post-flame-small.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page