Speedfan: problem running automatic control - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi!

I downloaded and tweaked around with Speedfan (v. 4.49), and the "Automatic speed fan" option seems to work a bit TOO good. When applying it, the CPU fan speed drops to and idle speed of ~650 rpm AND both the rear and front case fans shut down completely (0 rpm).

Initially I thought it was just because of the computer being just that; idle (with temps around 35'C), but then I tried applying a load to the CPU (rendering a file @ Premiere Pro) and even though the CPU temperatures raised to 50-60, the CPU fan wouldn't speed up. The fan should be capable of a speed of around 1300rpm (Thermalright TY-140).

The second problem I have is the intake and exhaust fans. As I said, they go completely motionless when "automatic speed fan" is enabled. Yes, this could perhaps be explained by the fact that my case seems to be in fairly good temperatures (~33-37) when idle, even without intake/exhaust fans running. But they don't seem to speed up when under load, either.

Also, when idle, I would like the front panel fan to be running even just a little bit, just to keep the hard drives (which are positioned in front of it) as cool as possible.

Any experienced Speedfan users out there? smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

My specs:
i5-750 @ stock
GTX 580 Matrix Platinum
Asus P7P55D Deluxe
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
3 x Sata HDDs
Corsair HX-750W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 06:21 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye View Post

Hi!

I downloaded and tweaked around with Speedfan (v. 4.49), and the "Automatic speed fan" option seems to work a bit TOO good. When applying it, the CPU fan speed drops to and idle speed of ~650 rpm AND both the rear and front case fans shut down completely (0 rpm).

Initially I thought it was just because of the computer being just that; idle (with temps around 35'C), but then I tried applying a load to the CPU (rendering a file @ Premiere Pro) and even though the CPU temperatures raised to 50-60, the CPU fan wouldn't speed up. The fan should be capable of a speed of around 1300rpm (Thermalright TY-140).

The second problem I have is the intake and exhaust fans. As I said, they go completely motionless when "automatic speed fan" is enabled. Yes, this could perhaps be explained by the fact that my case seems to be in fairly good temperatures (~33-37) when idle, even without intake/exhaust fans running. But they don't seem to speed up when under load, either.

Also, when idle, I would like the front panel fan to be running even just a little bit, just to keep the hard drives (which are positioned in front of it) as cool as possible.

Any experienced Speedfan users out there? smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

My specs:
i5-750 @ stock
GTX 580 Matrix Platinum
Asus P7P55D Deluxe
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
3 x Sata HDDs
Corsair HX-750W

Try changing the speeds of the fans in the BIOS (if that is possible) or try it with ASUS software if they have it for your board.

Uh, otherwise buy a fan controller? There is limited support for these kinds of software (unless you specifically pay I think?)
post #3 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 07:06 AM

Liked: 40
1) Your board is compatible with the Asus AI Suite,
The AI Suite comes the Fan Xpert and it can be downloaded in the Asus's site:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55D_Deluxe/#support_Download

Look also the 4.3.3 Asus Fan Xpert, page 4-5 from the Manual.
The manual is also available in the Asus's site.

2) My board is an Asus and I'm using the Hyper 212+ dual fan 600 rpm - 2000 rpm.

When the processor is idling the cores temps are around 30 C with fans at 600 rpm.
The cores max temps reaches 55 C under the Prime95 stress test with fans spinning at 750 rpm - 850 rpm.

I made this stress test with the speed control disabled but I didn't really see a huge improvement.
The performance limitations is the cooler itself.

If you have concern about the fan speed just disable the CPU Fan speed control and check the fan speed and the performance.
Any fan hooked in the PWR FAN will also run at full blast.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
Thanks for the help!

I uninstalled Speedfan and installed Asus AI Suite (incl. Fan Xpert) v. 1.06.16.
Seems to be working correctly now. All fans are in motion, the CPU fan idles on ~600-700rpm and speeds up on load.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page