post #11 of 12 Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

crazy thought... but, have you tried some lube on the bearings? some people recommends sowing machine oil for the bearing on this type of issue

also dip the ring clip that holds the axle of the fan blade into some of that lube would also help. the "metal grinding" sound you are hearing is likely just dry bearings and the ring clip that is rubbing against the axle of the fan blades.

I actually did try before taking them apart. I used synthetic motor oil since its much lighter than other oils but it still made the same noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 11-07-2013, 06:10 PM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 424
hum... well, was worth a shot. usually some lube would clear up that type of noise, but i guess something in there is already worn out. bearing that small is hard to come by and not really worth tracking down new one's so i guess you just have spare parts now.

there is really only 3 parts that makes that type of noise. the bearing itself, the ring clip that holds the fan blade assembly onto the frame of the fan, and the spring that keeps the fan blade assembly in place. those are the contact points that can make those type of rubbing/grinding noise. usually some lube in those areas keeps the noise at bay...

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page