Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-25-2013, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter
News Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89

Hey fellas, need some assistance.

in the market for a pair (2x) of case fans to be used horizontally as top exhaust.

entered in my requirements in newegg filters and sorted it out to around 71 choices : clicky here newegg

-140mm

-any bearing but sleeve

-$0-$25 max price but really looking to spend no more than $15 per fan

-30 or less dBA levels

-colored fans and or LED fans have priority over simple black fans BUT it is in no way/shape/form a deal breaker

does anybody have any recommendations from there? I'd like to stick to newegg but I can do amazon (depending if theres tax involved or not)

p.s

do round-framed fans mount the same way as typical square fans? any mounting holes/distances i should look out for?

the rosewill hyperborea seems to have a insane cfm to noise to price ratio ..... any thoughts on this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-25-2013, 04:38 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to CptAsian
I'm happy with this Xigmatek fan in my XB, as it was easy to install, and it looks good. I don't' think I can comment on it's volume, as pretty much everything in the case is louder than it is. I also really like the fact that it comes in many colors and sizes. However, I can't really compare it to anything else, though.
DF is BUSY likes this.

Clubs (Click to show)
Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy46 go_quote.gif

Straigtened the pins using a sewing needle and magnifying glass and all was well. Apart from two days later the cpu died completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 go_quote.gif

I don't think I've ever operated a hoe between my legs before, so yeah, I'd say it does.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 40
Bitfenix Spectre Pro are the best 140mm I've found.

I don't know if Cougar makes a 140version of their leading fan, but it would be good too.
DF is BUSY likes this.

-= I heart.gif Mechanical Keyboards =-
Winner of Guru3D Rig Of The Month, November 2011.king.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 PM
αC

Liked: 805
Tater Tot thinks Rosewill hyperboreas are ok (http://www.overclock.net/t/1321074/tator-tots-big-quiet-120mm-140mm-fan-round-up). You shouldn't trust manufacturer numbers though.

Round frames should be fine as long as you have enough clearance (just measure your clearances first befween the fans).

If you're into LEDs Cougar is the way to go. They're one of the few I know that use Fluid dynamic bearings inside their LED fans

Aerocool shark is actually an improved rifle bearing , as is Bitfenix spectre pro http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/The-Truth-About-Fluid-Dynamic-Bearing-FDB-Fans/1807/2

Phobya G silent 14 may also be worth looking into.

See this:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamezoom.net%2Fartikel%2FCougar_CFD140_GREEN_LED_Test_Review_Exklusiv_-28729-0

http://www.back2gaming.com/hardware/cougar-cooling-fan-round-up-vortex-hdb-and-dual-x-140
DF is BUSY likes this.

Validation (Click to show)

4.49GHz @1.272-1.284V , 11hr Prime95
-> original
gimped BCLK (125W TDP limit)
4.6GHz@1.272-1.284V (Overvolt enabled), 14hr Prime95
4.7GHz @1.296-1.32V (Overvolt enabled), 14hr OCCT Linpack (& F19e BIOS , OCCT 11hr)
4.8GHz @1.296V
5.1Ghz @1.404V (130W TDP) .... wish it was stable
Sandy Bridge Binning guide @ HWBot

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.925GHz 1.35V dynamic voltage ... 1hr AIDA64 (8hr AVX Prime95 with -50MHz)
W.I.P R7 1700X @ 4.040GHz (Fixed voltage is bugged , this booted at 1.39V , testing in Windows 10 PE so no GPU driver)
40.75 multi @ 1.39V
41 multi, booted @ ~ 1.41V
Recommended GPU Projects: Einstein@Home , Milkyway@Home (Tahiti , Cayman , Cypress Radeons) (AMD moreso)
Other notable GPU projects: Asteroids@Home (nvidia), GPUGrid (nvidia) , Universe@Home (Tahiti , Cayman , Cypress Radeons with double precision) (AMD)

Project list

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page