Corsair ML120 fans - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm considering getting the new Corsair ML120 for heatsink and case fans and was wondering has anyone used them whether they are good or not?

Also, is there a difference between the Corsair ML120 and ML120 Pro except from the rubber corners?

Last edited by Morpheo; 06-30-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 07:29 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 1629
So far so good. No real complaints that I'm aware of. But they are very new, so I wouldn't be running out to get any for awhile. wink.gif

post-flame-small.gifPhanteks Owners Club post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifWays to Better Cooling post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif1. Controling PWM Case Fans post-flame-small.gif2. Optimizing Case Cooling post-flame-small.gif3. Cooler Size Comparison & Cooling Comparison
post-flame-small.gif
=i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socket
Phanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPU i7 980xCooler R1 Ultimate w/ TY-147A fans RAM Dominator GT 6x2GB GPU ENGTX580 DCUII PSU Corsair TX850 Case [/COLOR]Phanteks Enthoo PrimoBase custom caster base
=i7 980X @ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #3 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

So far so good. No real complaints that I'm aware of. But they are very new, so I wouldn't be running out to get any for awhile. wink.gif
Thanks, I did look around for reviews but there isn't many at the moment probably due to them being just released but on their website, it says "The ML Series fans delivers both high static pressure and high airflow" which I assume it is meant to be used for heatsink and case fans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 07:41 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 1629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lither View Post

Thanks, I did look around for reviews but there isn't many at the moment probably due to them being just released but on their website, it says "The ML Series fans delivers both high static pressure and high airflow" which I assume it is meant to be used for heatsink and case fans?
Advertising hype is like politicians' promises. You are a fool if you believe them. biggrin.gif

Thermalbench did a good test and review. Cyclops did one in his fan thread here on forum. Both liked them.

The reason I'm a 'wait and see' kinda guy on these is because the are using a new electro-magnetic bearing design and I want to see how it does for at least a few months before I venture into them. They may be just great, but that remains to be seen, and as often as not new releases of technology run into unforeseen problems.

post-flame-small.gifPhanteks Owners Club post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifWays to Better Cooling post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif1. Controling PWM Case Fans post-flame-small.gif2. Optimizing Case Cooling post-flame-small.gif3. Cooler Size Comparison & Cooling Comparison
post-flame-small.gif
=i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socket
Phanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPU i7 980xCooler R1 Ultimate w/ TY-147A fans RAM Dominator GT 6x2GB GPU ENGTX580 DCUII PSU Corsair TX850 Case [/COLOR]Phanteks Enthoo PrimoBase custom caster base
=i7 980X @ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #5 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 11:19 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 2
Quote:

I'm considering getting the new Corsair ML120 for heatsink and case fans and was wondering has anyone used them whether they are good or not?

Also, is there a difference between the Corsair ML120 and ML120 Pro except from the rubber corners?

I just got them. Havent install them yet but they are going in my system in an hour or so.
Just ask me anything about them and i will do my best to get the answer smile.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #6 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalefish View Post

I just got them. Havent install them yet but they are going in my system in an hour or so.
Just ask me anything about them and i will do my best to get the answer smile.gif
Do you know the difference between the Corsair ML120 and ML120 Pro except from the rubber corners? As I can get the ML120 dual pack for the price of one ML120 Pro fan

Also, keep me updated with how it goes smile.gif
post #7 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 11:57 AM
WaterCooler

Quote:

Do you know the difference between the Corsair ML120 and ML120 Pro except from the rubber corners? As I can get the ML120 dual pack for the price of one ML120 Pro fan

Hm not really shure about the difference. It has now rubber corners for vibration dampening and its a kind of pale gray color instead of the black pro's.
I have to say that the cable lengt is superb! Dont know if it is the same on the non pros.

post #8 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Technical Marketing

Liked: 104
Quote:

In terms of specs, they are identical. ML Non-Pro does not have rubber corner pads and the option of replacing those pads to different colors. Also, there isn't an LED option and the blades are grey as opposed to Pro's black blades.
d0mini likes this.
post #9 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 01:37 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:

I have to say... these fans are amazing..

I concider my self a hardcore "quiet pc" person... and @ 1000-1100 rpm these ml120 sound like the SP120 @ 700 rpm.. dead silent.

Above 1100 you dont hear the motor but you can of course hear the air pusching trough the dustfilter and radiator.

I would say that compaird to the EK vardar that didnt have that annoying motor noise, 2400rpm corsair have a little bet less noise then the 1850 rpm vardar.
But there is a mutch more pleasing noise charactar.. most of it consists of the air pressure noise, there is hardly any motornoise at all.

When i put the same RPM with the SP120 and the ML120 the SP120 is always louder and makes mutch more motor noise.

If i put my ear 5cm close to the fan, i can hear some electrical buzz.. But my computer sits 30cm away and i'm so happy im in tears.
I have been through sp120, Noctua, EK, be quiet, Fractal fans for about 3-4 years now and to finaly find fans that can delivere nice mmh20 @ higher rpm but at the same noise as 800 rpm fans.. thumbsupsmiley.pngcheers.gif

Im changing out my 3 sp120 next month as well.. i run two EK PE360 rads in my define S smile.gif
wywywywy likes this.
post #10 of 259 Old 07-25-2016, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalefish View Post

I have to say... these fans are amazing..

I concider my self a hardcore "quiet pc" person... and @ 1000-1100 rpm these ml120 sound like the SP120 @ 700 rpm.. dead silent.

Above 1100 you dont hear the motor but you can of course hear the air pusching trough the dustfilter and radiator.

I would say that compaird to the EK vardar that didnt have that annoying motor noise, 2400rpm corsair have a little bet less noise then the 1850 rpm vardar.
But there is a mutch more pleasing noise charactar.. most of it consists of the air pressure noise, there is hardly any motornoise at all.

When i put the same RPM with the SP120 and the ML120 the SP120 is always louder and makes mutch more motor noise.

If i put my ear 5cm close to the fan, i can hear some electrical buzz.. But my computer sits 30cm away and i'm so happy im in tears.
I have been through sp120, Noctua, EK, be quiet, Fractal fans for about 3-4 years now and to finaly find fans that can delivere nice mmh20 @ higher rpm but at the same noise as 800 rpm fans.. thumbsupsmiley.pngcheers.gif

Im changing out my 3 sp120 next month as well.. i run two EK PE360 rads in my define S smile.gif
Thanks for the review! I have placed an order for the ML120 dual pack and if they are good, I'm going to replace the rest of the fans in my Define Mini case.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page