Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Heya guys,

I myself am a TT user, and recently, I noticed a major increase in temps on my CPU. This could be for a variety of reasons, I know.

But I have some questions for you all, to make sure I rule out the TT as the culprit.

If you all can, how many RPM's are your fans going at? Mine stays right around 2000, and this is at highest speed.

Not sure what the TT norm is.

For almost 6 months now, I have not once reseated of moved the TT, and the temps were awesome until about 2 weeks ago. Time for a reseat?

Some other contributing factors that might be leading to bad temps:

I recently put in another HDD right in front of the intake fan, making it two HDD's blocking the 120mm fan. so airflow isn't doing too well.

But my temps went from like 30 - 31 idle, up to 40 idle now.

Thoughts?

Reapply AS5 and reseat the TT? Replace the TT fan? Move the HDD's out of the way? Get more fans?

I have a TT Armor Case, and it is supposed to have the big 250mm fan on the side, but the Tuniq is too big to fit the 250mm fan in, which seriously has crippled airflow. So now it's just a big hole with nothing pushing air in. I have the filter on it still, just no 250mm (if the Tuniq wasnt such a beast, and I could squeeze that 250mm in, my temps would probably drop like 5 or 6 degrees >.<

kookoo.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 08:03 PM
yay.

Liked: 128
My tuniq fan maxes around 2100 rpm. It may have come loose from all that weight so I would reset before I buy anything. I also noticed my temps increased a good amount from better airflow, so you may try with your case side off.

Awesome OCN Moments (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemaniaci go_quote.gif

...And so it began, the battle for earth between two noble creatures, whos command over the internetz is known throughout the globe, but who, who will conquer the other in their quest for middle earth? Could it be edward? The mightiest of the magicians capables of creating 16 ghz super duper uber machines of pron capabilities, or shall it be videofx, master of pure action in his pants. Only fate will decide and until then the balance of power on middle earth shall be as fragile as the shell of a precious egg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valicious go_quote.gif

Danny Elfman's old band Oingo Boingo
post #3 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 08:03 PM
CarForum.net

Liked: 600
Yes, max rpm is 2000. A reseat will never hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
catmmm: my rack would love to play with your rack...
lhowatt: does it fit well on your desk?
catmmm: lhowatt: yeah it fits
catmmm: lhowatt: I kinda have a big desk though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrospekt View Post
Yes, max rpm is 2000. A reseat will never hurt.
I'm such a lazy bum though.

kookoo.gif
post #5 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake2 View Post
My tuniq fan maxes around 2100 rpm. It may have come loose from all that weight so I would reset before I buy anything. I also noticed my temps increased a good amount from better airflow, so you may try with your case side off.
Yea, maybe. Thing is, this happened overnight. One night the temps looked great at full load. The next night I run it full and it BSOD's me. It wasn't progressive. I'm gunna check the tightness anywho, but still. Weird.

kookoo.gif
post #6 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 49
Well i'm not a TT users, but just wanna give you some thoughts. Temp can increase by many reasons like room temp change. The new HDD block the intake is one of the reason, but would only increase 2-4c not 10c. Overclock, programs runing background using more % of CPU. Intake and cpu fan get dirty.

Did you mobo temp change too?

post #7 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_WRX02 View Post
Well i'm not a TT users, but just wanna give you some thoughts. Temp can increase by many reasons like room temp change. The new HDD block the intake is one of the reason, but would only increase 2-4c not 10c. Overclock, programs runing background using more % of CPU. Intake and cpu fan get dirty.

Did you mobo temp change too?
Not that I can see. I live in the basement, so it stay pretty cool down here, but it has gotten a tad warmer recently, with the weather.

I just checked the TT, its mounted correctly and tightly. I dusted everything off. I even plugged in that 250mm fan and set it in there, but that only dropped it about 2 - 3C max.

I think to reseat is my only other option. Other than that, I could kick up the A/C or something.

kookoo.gif
post #8 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Here's a screenie with CoreTemp, CPUID and Speedfan (which casts temps much lower.)

EDIT

Here's another screenie at full load. Notice the temps I get for the actual cores. 67C? WTH?

kookoo.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page