I'm finally ready to get a real cooling system, and I need help! - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-25-2005, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone!

I've been searching though these forums for about an hour and can't seem to rest my mind on the following issue:

Is the XP-120 compatible with my system?

I've found multiple posts, FAQs, and compatability lists that list every other MOBO in existance, expect mine!

Does anyone have any experiences with a similar setup? I'm in desparate need of better cooling and I hear the XP-120 is the best.

Also, does anyone know the best fan to use with it?

Thanks so much for your help!

-SonicZap-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Fold for team 37726

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Check out the FAQ that's linked in my sig. According to Thermalright (linked in the FAQ), there have been no compatibility issues found with S775 motherboards. Just be aware that the XP-120 requires a retention bracket to work on a S775 mobo, and it's sold separately (for around $5).

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

25 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page