Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/EVO Club - Page 133 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1321 of 6667 Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Got mine at Microcenter for $24. My reason for signing up for this community is a chunk of shiny metal!

There she blows!

cm212.JPG

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 6667 Old 03-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33;12586264 
Remount doesn't hurt. Is CPU fan pushing a lot of air?

Well, I'm using the stock fan on my cooler and it's supposed to be a really good one from what I've read? I guess it's spinning at about 1800rpm iirc. I can't feel much air coming out on the other side though (hand behind the cooler, open case) There's no dust in it.
post #1323 of 6667 Old 03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 252
You should feel quite a bit actually, if it's blowing full speed. Check speed in BIOS or with a program.

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.
Do you have Too Much Airflow?

6 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x2 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1324 of 6667 Old 03-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Commodore 128D

Liked: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly;12582008 
Hi chaps, guess I joined the club. But need help lol

any decent guides on the web that I can print off rather than following the poor (and very small) instructions?

I have NZXT Alpha case, gigabyte 790FXT mobo, just a guide to sticking the backplate on safely if you will please!
http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/944955-unlocked-phenomii-x2-550be-x4-b50.html

I've seen several guides online (including videos) that show you how to mount it in an Intel board, but none that are very good at showing how to mount on an AMD board. I stopped using AMD after S939 and have absolutely no knowledge on how to go about it on one of them.
About the best I can do is this screen cap enlargement of the installation guide from CM and add a couple of comments. For AMD make sure that the actual base of the backplate is against the motherboard with the four 'wings' sticking up. This is opposite of how you mount the backplate on an Intel system. Otherwise the it's the same as mounting it on an Intel system as seen in this video. You do have to remove the stock AMD retention bracket first though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq_xbxsm7Q&feature=player_embedded[/ame].

attachment.php?attachmentid=198142&stc=1&d=1299112622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaf;12585584 
Another member of the Hyper 212+ is reporting in! smile.gif
I've noticed that PapaSmurf seems to be a guru when it comes to this cooler. I'm having quite bad temperatures with mine. I have the following components (that affects cooling):
AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3,8GHz 1,375V (stock 1,4V)
MX-2 Paste
Antec P183 with 2 Noiseblocker BlackSilent at the rear and a Slipstream 1600rpm in the front (the latter is always turned off since it makes my temps worse)

The best I can achieve while running Prime95 Blend is about 55-57C with all fans at full speed. Taking the side cover of does not affect the temperature (perhaps 1C at most).

Ambient temp is about 18C. I'm planning on remounting it this weekend, if you think I can achieve better results. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaf;12586388 
Well, I'm using the stock fan on my cooler and it's supposed to be a really good one from what I've read? I guess it's spinning at about 1800rpm iirc. I can't feel much air coming out on the other side though (hand behind the cooler, open case) There's no dust in it.

That does sound high to me, but I'm an Intel guy and not that familiar with the AMD cpus since socket 939. I would do a remount and make sure that you cram some of the TIM in the gaps between the heatpipes and the base. That can make a significant difference. And what TIM are you using? The stock TIM that comes with the 212+ is quite good. Some people who don't know any better will try to use crap like Arctic Silver which doesn't perform that well compared to more modern and better quality TIM.

The stock fan should be spinning at about 2,000RPM. If it's only spinning at 1,800 you might want to check your fan header setting in the bios to make sure it isn't throttling it back. That could account for some of the problem. Also check the part number on the fan to make sure the correct one was packaged with it. The following image shows what you should have received. You should be able to feel a reasonable amount of air flowing out the back side of the heatsink with it running at full speed.

CM_Blade_Master_-_in_and_out.png

Chimp Challenge Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #1325 of 6667 Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 PM
AMD Overclocker

post #1326 of 6667 Old 03-03-2011, 02:35 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Thanks!

I know the max temperature is 62C but I did have higher hopes than barely overclocking, undervolting and running the CPU fan at about 1800:ish RPM.

I have a Scythe fan controller so that I have full control and RPM-reading of all my fans.

I've read about many people achieving 45-50C (with 1,45V!) load with this cooler and CPU. The HDT coolers were new when I bought my Hyper212+ so I applied the TIM (MX-2) as everyone else, by spreading a thin layer on the IHS of the CPU.

Can I achieve better temps with a fan like Gentle Typhoon? Since it has quite high static pressure and the fins on the cooler are quite tightly placed.
post #1327 of 6667 Old 03-03-2011, 04:50 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 8
just googled a good AMD guide and printed it off incase it helps anyone else.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...clearance.html
post #1328 of 6667 Old 03-03-2011, 05:10 AM
333mhz

Liked: 1
Anybody got the Coolermaster hyper 212+ installed on a NZXT Phantom case?
If so please pm me. I wanna know if theres enough space to fit a side 200mm fan.

post #1329 of 6667 Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 AM
AMD Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaf View Post
Thanks!

I know the max temperature is 62C but I did have higher hopes than barely overclocking, undervolting and running the CPU fan at about 1800:ish RPM.

I have a Scythe fan controller so that I have full control and RPM-reading of all my fans.

I've read about many people achieving 45-50C (with 1,45V!) load with this cooler and CPU. The HDT coolers were new when I bought my Hyper212+ so I applied the TIM (MX-2) as everyone else, by spreading a thin layer on the IHS of the CPU.

Can I achieve better temps with a fan like Gentle Typhoon? Since it has quite high static pressure and the fins on the cooler are quite tightly placed.
In that case I would do a reseat. Also try blowing another fan at the cooler. Maybe it's using warm air from inside the case somehow. Just taking the panel off doesn't always eliminate the problem. A lot of times I see someone put a fan in their drive bays and it helped greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiKKuXd View Post
Anybody got the Coolermaster hyper 212+ installed on a NZXT Phantom case?
If so please pm me. I wanna know if theres enough space to fit a side 200mm fan.
I don't think that you will. The case is only 16mm wider than mine and the cooler is just a few mm away from panel.
RiKKuXd likes this.

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.
Do you have Too Much Airflow?

6 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x2 

post #1330 of 6667 Old 03-03-2011, 10:32 AM
1.7ghz

Liked: 41
Got mine today. My Goodness! The OC in me almost made me use up a whole new tube of MX-4. The HDT is not flat at all the two heat pipes in the middle stick out, i had to do a bit of lapping to make all four pipes have contact with the CPU.
Temps are pretty good though 12c less than my previous Zalman 9500.
Im a happy bunny!

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page