Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/EVO Club - Page 501 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5001 of 6667 Old 10-30-2012, 05:56 AM
(V);,,;(V) Why not Zoidberg?
 
Conspiracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga.
Posts: 7,307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 276
its easy. just look up vids before you install


Bronica ETRSi, 75/2.8, 135/4
Minolta XD11, 28/2.8, 50/1.4
Canon 5DmkIII, 7D, 17-40/4L, 100/2.8 macro, 135/2L, 70-200/4L IS, 1.4X mkIII
YN-560II, YN-560III

flickr

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Conspiracy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5002 of 6667 Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Overclocker in Training
 
./Cy4n1d3\.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post

both are loud and move plenty of air to keep your cpu cool tongue.gif

Anyone ever think, that since the two together don't really improve temps by too much, to lower the fan speed on a dual fan setup to match a single fan setup? If 1 fan gets you good performance, and 2 fans give slightly more good, make two fans do the work of one to lower the load on each, thus fan speed, and thus noise.

rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layo View Post

Hey, picking up my 212+EVO in few hours, I never installed fan, could anyone shortly tell me how to do it on 1155 mobo? Ill look up vids after.

Eh... Honestly, if it is the same way as a Hyper 212+, then it isnt' the easiest installation. Not extremely difficult, but I would say that you will need to look up a video rather than the instructions (I didn't think the instructins were that good.). If you ahve any questions, you can ask us... maybe even video call us so we can give better tips.

Just remember... Don't lift your heatsink after you have put it on teh thermal paste, as it will create air bubbles. Once it lands, don't pick it up.

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

./Cy4n1d3\. is offline  
post #5003 of 6667 Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 AM
First Time Build
 
Khaled G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ./Cy4n1d3\. View Post


Just remember... Don't lift your heatsink after you have put it on teh thermal paste, as it will create air bubbles. Once it lands, don't pick it up.

^ This !

1- You have to correctly position the back plate then screw it tight. (The tricky part, as it's double sided)
2- Apply your TIM using either the grain method or 2 parallel lines. (The grain method worked for me).
3- Decide how you will orient your heatsink (Horizontal or vertical), seat it and screw it tight. (Diagonally, evenly)
4- Connect your fan(s) and you're ready to go.

I have a 1155 mobo, If you need pics just tell me.

Pffffffft (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled G go_quote.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEEGG2211 go_quote.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 go_quote.gif

All the Russian porn sites will be quivering with fear rolleyes.gif

Browsing Russian porn sites....

Woah... They do have those buttons.

How did you know that? biggrin.giftongue.gif

lachen.gif


5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Khaled G is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5004 of 6667 Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Overclocker in Training
 
./Cy4n1d3\.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled G View Post

^ This !
1- You have to correctly position the back plate then screw it tight. (The tricky part, as it's double sided)
2- Apply your TIM using either the grain method or 2 parallel lines. (The grain method worked for me).
3- Decide how you will orient your heatsink (Horizontal or vertical), seat it and screw it tight. (Diagonally, evenly)
4- Connect your fan(s) and you're ready to go.
I have a 1155 mobo, If you need pics just tell me.

Yeah. Good tips.

I had problems when I went to reapply thermal paste. When you install, you put your bracket screws and then you have more screws which screw into the head of the bracket screws. For some reason, I sorta forgot, and i left the mounting screws on the final screws and it made reseating a mess... I finally remembered and fixed my problem, but it botched that thermal paste install and I had to reclean and reapply.

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

./Cy4n1d3\. is offline  
post #5005 of 6667 Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
basedwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsai View Post

No, the Blade Master 120mm doesn't come with this blackets.
It only comes with 4 screws and the anti-vibration rubber pads.

Thanks! I managed to find the extras so now I can add another fan!

Do you basically just stick the 2 pieces on the new blade master fan just like the one that came with the 212? Also, how do you remove the thermal paste when you want to resea the heatsink? Is there a solution you need to apply to properly remove the old thermal paste?
basedwise is offline  
post #5006 of 6667 Old 10-31-2012, 03:17 AM
4.0 GHz
 
wongwarren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Puchong
Posts: 1,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by basedwise View Post

Thanks! I managed to find the extras so now I can add another fan!
Do you basically just stick the 2 pieces on the new blade master fan just like the one that came with the 212? Also, how do you remove the thermal paste when you want to resea the heatsink? Is there a solution you need to apply to properly remove the old thermal paste?

To remove old thermal paste just use a few drops of alcohol and toilet paper to wipe it off.
wongwarren is offline  
post #5007 of 6667 Old 10-31-2012, 04:02 AM
PC Gamer
 
xd9denz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Muscat(Oman)/ Philippines
Posts: 693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post

new fan setup and gpu biggrin.gif

why you didnt pick two identical Corsair SP fans?

And why AF then SP Corsair FAN combination?
santa.gif
xd9denz is offline  
post #5008 of 6667 Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado
 
Layo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Picking up my 212+ in around hour then I'm gonna try to install it. Hope I wont break anything and i really hope I can even install it biggrin.gif Not sure where am I gonna point my fan to, either back or top... my GEIL rams are pretty high.

Layo is offline  
post #5009 of 6667 Old 10-31-2012, 05:27 AM
First Time Build
 
Khaled G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layo View Post

Picking up my 212+ in around hour then I'm gonna try to install it. Hope I wont break anything and i really hope I can even install it biggrin.gif Not sure where am I gonna point my fan to, either back or top... my GEIL rams are pretty high.

I'll take and post some pics for the installation to help you out (and everyone else)

Make sure to check back here before you start the installation.

Pffffffft (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled G go_quote.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEEGG2211 go_quote.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 go_quote.gif

All the Russian porn sites will be quivering with fear rolleyes.gif

Browsing Russian porn sites....

Woah... They do have those buttons.

How did you know that? biggrin.giftongue.gif

lachen.gif


5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Khaled G is offline  
post #5010 of 6667 Old 10-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado
 
Layo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled G View Post

I'll take and post some pics for the installation to help you out (and everyone else)
Make sure to check back here before you start the installation.
Thank you. I got the idea, you screw there the backplate (how? biggrin.gif), do some work on cpu side, get the X part trough the heatpipes and mount it there. Should be like this, right?

Layo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off