Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950/70 Owners Club & Informational Thread - Page 5 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #41 of 1649 Old 10-25-2011, 07:00 PM
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered me a little better psu.650 is not enough for these bad boys in crossfire with my cpu oc.
I wanted the 1k one but cant swing the extra $60 as Im gonna go pick up a 2600k Friday at Microcenter.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151102
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 1649 Old 10-25-2011, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter
First Time Build

Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaber123 View Post
So apparently I can't post photos yet? Bummer.
I just tried too, so I think it's imageshack not you ... I guess imageshack & OCN don't play well together ? I've had that with other sites, and sometimes it's PhotoBucket that the site doesn't want to allow PIC's from ... who knows. But I can see the Links and I got 'em ... you're in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioviper View Post
I just ordered me a little better psu.650 is not enough for these bad boys in crossfire with my cpu oc.
I wanted the 1k one but cant swing the extra $60 as Im gonna go pick up a 2600k Friday at Microcenter.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151102
That 850 watt Seasonic looks nice and should be fine ... in fact IF you listen to the so called experts you don't want an OVERKILL of a PSU anyways, more efficient to just have what you NEED + just a tiny bit of juice left over in case ... so 850w I'd think would be GOOD ... but you can always double check using Phaedrus2129's PSU CALC APP = http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...candidate.html
He's the LOCAL PSU GURU around OCN, and frankly I'd trust HIM over some generic PSU Calc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheatton View Post
Would my current rigs PSU be enough to handle two of these cards?
Saw no one answered you yet ... an Antec TPQ 850 watt ? ... I'd think so YES, but I also suggest pluggin in your RIG's stats/values into Phaedrus2129's PSU CALC APP just to double check, if it says yes or no, I'd trust whatever HE says ... really as simple as that.
post #43 of 1649 Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM
333mhz

Liked: 0
Hey I've just joined the club.
But my GPU-Z validation shows just 6900 series.
Anyone know why?
Oh and how do I enable the 3D option in games like Dirt 3?
Validations:
CPU-Z: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2026086
GPU-Z: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/hxupu/

Warning: I make many corrections and do a lot of editing to my posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 1649 Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter
First Time Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by raemen View Post
Hey I've just joined the club.
But my GPU-Z validation shows just 6900 series. Anyone know why?
Yep, got you added ... and ALL of us have that ... 6900 series tells you what level of card, and CAYMAN tells you what level of GPU. The two together tell you it's a HD-6950/70.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raemen View Post
Oh and how do I enable the 3D option in games like Dirt 3?
I haven't looked yet myself, but isn't that in CCC ?
post #45 of 1649 Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 3
loving this card, got it to 925/1380 without touching voltage. ill push it further when i get a day to sit and tweak it. it runs pretty cool but holy **** the fan is the loudest thing ive ever heard. over like 60% sucks balls, gotta crank the headphones up to ignore it haha.

SAPPhIRE TOXIC HD-6950 Club
post #46 of 1649 Old 10-26-2011, 05:05 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargames12;15456764 
loving this card, got it to 925/1380 without touching voltage. ill push it further when i get a day to sit and tweak it. it runs pretty cool but holy **** the fan is the loudest thing ive ever heard. over like 60% sucks balls, gotta crank the headphones up to ignore it haha.

Welcome to high end graphics card ^^ and this card push air to the back of the case so it make loud sound

post #47 of 1649 Old 10-26-2011, 05:16 AM
333mhz

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan;15454732 
Yep, got you added ... and ALL of us have that ... 6900 series tells you what level of card, and CAYMAN tells you what level of GPU. The two together tell you it's a HD-6950/70.
I haven't looked yet myself, but isn't that in CCC ?
Hey thanks for adding me LA_Kings_Fan. I looked in CCC and I have already serched for 3d but I'm not sure about the setting to pick or change, it was under Gaming.

Warning: I make many corrections and do a lot of editing to my posts
post #48 of 1649 Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 57
Thanks for including my review in the review section!

What to do with the Sapphire 6970 Blue PCB that is basically a toxic without the name.

And is it just me or does the front page look funny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1 View Post
Can any toxic x-fire users beat this score?
(p) performance benchmark

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2070541?show...T4tQsRLlqY5MJw

Core - 975
Memory - 1400
You manage to get 975 core clock with stock voltage?
I can barely get past 950 at stock.
post #49 of 1649 Old 10-26-2011, 11:37 AM

Liked: 20
Count me in!
I was happy owner of Toxic 6850 and now Toxic 6950, unlocked and overclocked to the MAX and now I'm planing to get second one for overkill CrossFire
post #50 of 1649 Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
First Time Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBunnies View Post
Thanks for including my review in the review section!
But of course ... you did a great job and frankly YOU are the reason I started this Club
Quote:
What to do with the Sapphire 6970 Blue PCB that is basically a toxic without the name.
IT's a TOXIC HD-69(5)70 ... and it not only comes FACTORY OverClocked but also FACTORY Un-Locked HA ! ... and what do you mean what to do with it ? you have one ? and haven't X-fired yet ?
Quote:
And is it just me or does the front page look funny:
LOOKS GOOD to me ... Did you try THIS ....
NOTE: This Page is BEST viewed using the "Quick Style Chooser -- Wide View" option below @ Bottom of Page in the lower left corner.
Also: Regarding LARGE SIZE IMAGES / YELLOW RE-SIZE IMAGE BARS ABOVE PICS, let me offer up one nice little suggestion ...
This will get rid of those pesky yellow resize bars over the top of some larger pictures ... as they annoy the hell out of me and maybe they do you also ?
- Go into/click on your "USER CP" {control Panel} up top Middle Right in the Black bar
- on the left under 'Settings & Options' click on "Edit Options"
- scroll down to 'Thread Display Options', and then 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- click on the 'Drop Down List Box' over on the Right of 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- select it to "KEEP ORIGINAL SIZE"
- SAVE your selections !
Summary = User Control Panel / Edit Options / Thread Display Options / Image Resize / -- "Keep Origianl Size" & save. There ... now don't that look MUCH BETTER

But yeah I guess I forgot not everyone will view the page this way ... I'll work on some modifications that will unify the look for both WIDE VIEW and FIXED VIEW ... sorry about that

EDIT: ... OK I worked on it a bit, and I think the new changes should work and look good with either the WIDE VIEW /or FIXED VIEW format, though I still suggest people use the WIDE VIEW and reset their USER CP to adjust the pictures size formats for OPTIMAL viewing pleasure , let me know if anything else looks funky or needs to be corrected. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolovrat View Post
Count me in!
I was happy owner of Toxic 6850 and now Toxic 6950, unlocked and overclocked to the MAX and now I'm planing to get second one for overkill CrossFire
Got you added Kolovrat, welcome ... and WOW another impressive OC ! question though, stock Voltage ? or did you bump it up ? In keeping a list of everyone's DATA I'm hoping we can ALL get the most out of our TOXIC's ...

AND ON THAT NOTE ... I'm really also VERY INTERESTED in trying whatever we can do to help out our TOXIC Brothers in Arms that haven't been able to Un-Lock the Shaders on their cards ... IF anyone knows more about the option of if FLASHING can be done even after the DUAL BIOS Switch didn't work for those folks please let's get that out on the table and get these people some Help. I read this thread, but I'm still not sure if that's what actually took place ... http://www.overclock.net/ati-drivers...d-problem.html

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page