Need help with overclocking issues on an MSI 7950 TF3 OC. - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently purchased an msi 7950 oc tf3, running with an i5 3570k at 3.4 ghz and a 650w corsair psu, on a pro3 asrock z77 motherboard. This is the first computer I have ever built and I was wondering if I could further overclock the already factory overclocked card. It runs at 40 deg idle, and up to 80 deg running bf3 on ultra on a 1920x1080 screen. is this way too high or do I still have space to overclock? Please also if someone could tell me what to overclock using MSI afterburner. I do not know much about OCing. My core clock is at 880 mhz and my memory clock is at 1250mhz.

Any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Programmer

Liked: 146
You can certainly overclock it, but your temps are already a bit high in my opinion. You may want to take a look at your case and try to optimize the airflow. I would expect that card to run a bit cooler at stock settings.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #3 of 3 Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Liked: 1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendandesouza View Post

I recently purchased an msi 7950 oc tf3, running with an i5 3570k at 3.4 ghz and a 650w corsair psu, on a pro3 asrock z77 motherboard. This is the first computer I have ever built and I was wondering if I could further overclock the already factory overclocked card. It runs at 40 deg idle, and up to 80 deg running bf3 on ultra on a 1920x1080 screen. is this way too high or do I still have space to overclock? Please also if someone could tell me what to overclock using MSI afterburner. I do not know much about OCing. My core clock is at 880 mhz and my memory clock is at 1250mhz.
Any help is appreciated

use sapphire trixx to setup a custom fan profile. get that temps down to 70c . then you can think of overclocking. also there are lots of users who have complained about poor Thermal interface material (TIM) application on these cards. so if higher fan speeds do not bring the temps down you can try removing the heatsink , cleaning the TIM and reapplying with a high quality TIM like Arctic silver 5. spread the tim evenly like a thin film on the entire die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-8cC3PNg4

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page