post #21 of 46 Old 12-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Stimmed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highly-Annoyed View Post
Oh well... I'm totally fed up now... I don't know how companies can get away with this... What really gets me is that when you go to the ATi or Sapphire site and search for drivers, they both have an option for you to select the X1950XT... I mean, it's right there, on their web sites... You select it, download the driver and it doesn't work... What a let down...

I might send this card back and get a refund. I'm sure there are plenty of good cards I could get for the money this cost that actually have driver support... I wouldn't mind so much, if I knew how long I'd have to wait for support, but with ATi and Sapphire just glossing over the issue, there's no information on how long it will take them to sort it out... I could be waiting for months...

What is the driver release frequency for ATi these days? One a month? Once a fortnight? I know the 6.12s (in beta) don't work, so I could be waiting until the 6.13s, or maybe even later...

I think I'll go back to my trusty old X800Pro in the short term, whilst I decide if I want to keep this card and wait for driver support or get a refund and get something else... Man, I wish I'd gone with an X1800XT now ...

What's is the current Nvidia equivalent to the X1950XT 256MB btw? I can get an Nvidia 7950GT 512MB for about the same price. Is that as good, or better?

Highly-Annoyed
Personally, I'd stick with your X800Pro for a while until the driver issues get fixed. The X1950XT pretty much beats out all of Nvidia, except the 8*** series.

I guess you could return it, and opt for a 7950GT or 7900GTX/GTO, but then you wouldn't be able to run AA and HDR. I can't stand jaggie edges...so I'd go insane.
Highly-Annoyed likes this.

A64 3500+ > X2 3800+ > E6300 > X4 640 > Phenom II N970 > G3220

6800GS > X1950pro > 8800GT > 460GTX > HD6470M > HD7700GHZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 Old 12-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Now Available in Orange

Liked: 751
If you send it back just save up for a 8800GTS Those have already had their drivers worked out as far as I know. Also newegg has them for $450.

post #23 of 46 Old 12-04-2006, 06:39 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 84
That sucks about that x1950 man, I've never had any issues with my x1900.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie36
If you send it back just save up for a 8800GTS
Thats what I'm getting soon, overclocks to about same performance as gtx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 46 Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM

Liked: 139
im having troubles with my x1950pro as well. drivers didnt recognize card, wont run most games etc. i think im going to rma it.

post #25 of 46 Old 12-04-2006, 10:38 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 100
Send a message via AIM to Adeoliver Send a message via MSN to Adeoliver
I dont realy understand all these problems, Ive had none since day one, been using the disc drivers since I got the card, have tried the 6-11's and 6-12's with no luck, but the disc drivers work fine for me in games or not. BTW I only use the Display drivers nothing else, I didnt have problems with a full install but I simply didnt need the whole thing so now I use display only. This might be a problem for some but I haven had any at all, and Im plumb happy with the card and drivers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchfire
Please leave your church-parking-lot morality in check when you post.
PD 940 C1 CPUZ Validated @ 5.207ghz 6th in the world validation!
PD 920 RT CPUZ Validated @ 5.0ghz
PD 920ES 19x258 Validated @ 4.91ghz
PD 830ES Validated @ 4.55ghz
P4 Extreme Edition ES 3.73 Validated @ 4.41ghz
PD 820ES CPUZ Validated @ 4.3ghz
post #26 of 46 Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 9
Me and Adeoliver, we both Using the Driver from the CD.
We have no Problem with it. I dont think anyone have that problem beside you.
THis is my 2nd X1950XT, Use to have Sapphire one. Both Of them Run good to me. I dont know what you are talking about, Maybe you have a BAD card. Just sent it back and get a New one. Hope that help you out.
Anyway Is Your Card OEM or new?

20170 on 3DMark06 sozo.gif

P11621 on 3DMark Vantage
post #27 of 46 Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter
1:14 Camera:People Ratio

Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI83 View Post
Me and Adeoliver, we both Using the Driver from the CD.
We have no Problem with it. I dont think anyone have that problem beside you.
THis is my 2nd X1950XT, Use to have Sapphire one. Both Of them Run good to me. I dont know what you are talking about, Maybe you have a BAD card. Just sent it back and get a New one. Hope that help you out.
Anyway Is Your Card OEM or new?
If you look around the internet, you can find quite a few people who are having major problems with the X1950XT and driver and game compatibility. It's not just me .

I think I will give the older Omega drivers a try now and failing that, I'll try to install the CD drivers alone, without the CCC or any other stuff that is bundled with them. Perhaps it's not the graphics drivers themselves that are the problem, but the other drivers and software that get installed with them?

Also, if this was a "BAD card" as you say, why would it run America's Army perfectly, with no issues what-so-ever, for over 6 hours, but not be able to run Oblivion or Civ4 for more than a minute or two without crashing the PC to a blue screen message that mentions drivers (and a specific ATi file) as the likely cause of the problem? Surely if the card was faulty, it would fail to run any 3D game properly (or at all) not just some 3D games whilst running others perfectly?

I still think this is a driver issue. If you look at various forums and other information sources on the net, you'll see that my problems are not specific to my card, but common with all X1950XT 256MB PCI-E cards. If you've got a X1950XT (256MB) that runs Oblivion with the CD drivers with no problems, I'm happy for you, but you would seem to be in the minority based on everything I've read about the issue so far.

I'll report back once I've tried the other potential solutions I mentioned.

Highly-Annoyed

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides .. Terrifying are the weaknesses of power. -Greek Proverb
----—-—-————————————————————————————————————————————————
exclamation.gifMy Favourite Windows XP Freeware Page . ...' ..'.exclamation.gif Wowza's Core 2 Duo Motherboard Analysis

post #28 of 46 Old 12-05-2006, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter
1:14 Camera:People Ratio

Liked: 338
OK.... So I was just about to remove my card from my case and send it back, when I realised that I hadn't connected both the female Molex plugs to male Molex plugs on my Molex to PCI-E adapter power cable. Yes, that's right folks, the card was only getting 50% of the power it needed to run... I feel like such an idiot... Why didn't I check this before! Highly-Annoyed = Highly-Retarded atm...

Anyway... Sufficed to say, that after connecting two Molex power plugs to my Molex to PCI-E adapter, the card now doesn't produce any artefacts in Oblivion, or crash in Civ4... Both games now run, at least for a while. I played some Oblivion for about 30 minutes and even though the game still doesn't recognise the X1950XT, it does run (so far) with no problems and high FPS... I've yet to try out any AA, or HDR or AA+HDR, but on "medium" settings the game runs fine so far... I only tried Civ4 for about 2 minutes so far, but it seems to run just fine too... Previously it wouldn't get past 30 seconds, so I'm guessing it'll run fine from now on...

My God, I can't believe I missed something so damn basic as properly connecting a power cable! I feel so stupid right now...

There still aren’t any drivers that'll work with this card other than the ones on the CD it came with, which is slightly annoying, but at least it works properly now, so far at least...

Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot. I deserve it atm...

REPs to all you guys who tried to help.

Highly-Annoyed

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides .. Terrifying are the weaknesses of power. -Greek Proverb
exclamation.gifMy Favourite Windows XP Freeware Page . ...' ..'.exclamation.gif Wowza's Core 2 Duo Motherboard Analysis

post #29 of 46 Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 AM
3.5ghz

Liked: 66
your an idiot, lol reading this was making me have second thoughts about buying a X1950 series card, now i see it was user error. lol

Opteron 146 OEM CABNE 0545BPMW @ 2.8 1.45v
GeiL Value 1GB (2x512) at DDR466 2.5-3-3-6 1T 2.65v smile.gif

Please Jesus dont tease us with your Maltesers, Cup of Tea Sir!

post #30 of 46 Old 12-05-2006, 06:00 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 768
Send a message via MSN to Mad_Handlez89 Send a message via Skype™ to Mad_Handlez89
Phew...........Im so glad..............My card is on the way and now I can look forward to it

Edit: Oh, and your a idiot

2nd Edit: Slaps multiple times

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page