post #21 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Programmer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by otomon View Post

The system info says its manufacture by AMD, is that what you mean? Sorry as I said I am not a pro at computers....

No, what does it say on the box of the card or on the card itself? Can you post a photo of the card? AMD manufacture the graphics chip, then other companies make the PCBs and attach all the other components, like connectors, cooling, power modules, etc. I remember Asus had a line of defective mid-range AMD cards. If yours is Asus, that could explain the issues you're having.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

No, what does it say on the box of the card or on the card itself? Can you post a photo of the card? AMD manufacture the graphics chip, then other companies make the PCBs and attach all the other components, like connectors, cooling, power modules, etc. I remember Asus had a line of defective mid-range AMD cards. If yours is Asus, that could explain the issues you're having.

Pretty sure its ASUS, it has a blue strip with the words "MSI" on it, are ASUS really bad or something? btw this card is used, and the person (friend of mine) told me it was working fine on their rig.
post #23 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 03:09 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 57
Quote:

Sorry if I sounded like I was giving attitude, I should had put a question mark there. What sort of info do you need?

I took a bunch of pics, i read this card only needs 450W minimun but I have 600W, how can I check stability besides being able to play games on old card?

https://s32.postimg.org/wrnjrwdgl/image.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/obmv8d7q9/

https://postimg.org/image/vke7dfcpt/

Are you sure the HD 7770 is fully connected to the motherboard? The third image makes it look like the card may not be fully inserted into the PCIe slot. That clip on the end should be holding the hook on the end of your video card in place. It may not be your issue, but just verify that it is fully in place. Also, what kind of temperatures are you seeing? You can use something like HWInfo64 to check. I doubt that's the issue, but it's worth checking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Programmer

Liked: 574
Quote:

Pretty sure its ASUS, it has a blue strip with the words "MSI" on it, are ASUS really bad or something? btw this card is used, and the person (friend of mine) told me it was working fine on their rig.

MSI is a different company than ASUS. And no, Asus are not bad usually, just a few models were unlucky. But yours is MSI, so it doesn't apply to you. Maybe you can ask the store where you bought it from to test it or replace it with another card of the same model and see how that works out?

Also, if your motherboard has more than 1 PCI-E slots, try another slot. Make sure every cable is plugged in to the end. Sometimes 6-pin connectors seem plugged in, but are not.
post #25 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 7
Quote:

Okay, ran the DDU, selected NVIDIA (previous card) , clean and restart in safe mode...do I need to go back into safe mode and uninstall the AMD drivers (current card) as well?

I would.. then reinstall the most current drivers for your card.... Then after you get the drivers installed, open up radeon settings and check your fan speed and temperature setting... make sure the fan speed is at about 75-80% and your target temp at around 75c, if your card has the target temp setting.
post #26 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewbell View Post

Are you sure the HD 7770 is fully connected to the motherboard? The third image makes it look like the card may not be fully inserted into the PCIe slot. That clip on the end should be holding the hook on the end of your video card in place. It may not be your issue, but just verify that it is fully in place. Also, what kind of temperatures are you seeing? You can use something like HWInfo64 to check. I doubt that's the issue, but it's worth checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

MSI is a different company than ASUS. And no, Asus are not bad usually, just a few models were unlucky. But yours is MSI, so it doesn't apply to you. Maybe you can ask the store where you bought it from to test it or replace it with another card of the same model and see how that works out?

Also, if your motherboard has more than 1 PCI-E slots, try another slot. Make sure every cable is plugged in to the end. Sometimes 6-pin connectors seem plugged in, but are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjal View Post

I would.. then reinstall the most current drivers for your card.... Then after you get the drivers installed, open up radeon settings and check your fan speed and temperature setting... make sure the fan speed is at about 75-80% and your target temp at around 75c, if your card has the target temp setting.

If I had not plugged in the card correctly...wouldnt my pc not display anything or be unable to run games at all? I can give it a shot and try to take out and put back in, if that is not the case...

And for temps I am hitting 30 on idle (card is silent as a mouse) and roughy 40-50C when running Witcher, so I dont think its the temp, but what do you guys think?
post #27 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Okay I did as you asked and unistalled every single driver and tried installing again. I used the autodetect program for the video card, it got to about 80% and then it said something like installer package failed, however running the installer again said that everything was actually installed except for a bunch of extra stuff I dont need (like Raptr?). Desktop and font looks good now, I was able to game for 40 minutes and game did not lock up smile.gif Only problem now is that I get random graphic glitches like the color green flashing randomly over and over, the game ran fine on previous card so I know its not the game itself, unless there is something extra I need to install for this card? Also images look kinda...grainy. I got DirectX 11 and all the C++ stuff...here are my temps running game on max:

https://s31.postimg.org/x6k1223a3/temps.png

post #28 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 06:47 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:

Okay I did as you asked and unistalled every single driver and tried installing again. I used the autodetect program for the video card, it got to about 80% and then it said something like installer package failed, however running the installer again said that everything was actually installed except for a bunch of extra stuff I dont need (like Raptr?). Desktop and font looks good now, I was able to game for 40 minutes and game did not lock up smile.gif Only problem now is that I get random graphic glitches like the color green flashing randomly over and over, the game ran fine on previous card so I know its not the game itself, unless there is something extra I need to install for this card? Also images look kinda...grainy. I got DirectX 11 and all the C++ stuff...here are my temps running game on max:

Any ideas guys? I am so close.... >_<</div>

If the screen is showing random green or graphic glitches it might be a driver issue, i.e. maybe try an older version of AMD's drivers. Is it just one game where it has the glitches (game updated with latest patches from manufacturer's site?) or on several games or the main desktop screen? Maybe the driver version 16.1 or 16.4 possibly might play better with your system. If you do a google search for the driver version it should pop up with some hits from the AMD site with a 64 bit or 32 bit download for Win 10/8.1/7 etc. I am running a driver that is 2 revisions older than the newest one on my Nvidia card due to it causing issues with some games. When it gives you the option to install the driver you should be able to choose express or custom install (I always choose custom) and you can check off the things you don't need like Raptr or in my case 3d vision, geforce experience, etc.

post #29 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Okay I did as you asked and unistalled every single driver and tried installing again. I used the autodetect program for the video card, it got to about 80% and then it said something like installer package failed, however running the installer again said that everything was actually installed except for a bunch of extra stuff I dont need (like Raptr?). Desktop and font looks good now, I was able to game for 40 minutes and game did not lock up smile.gif Only problem now is that I get random graphic glitches like the color green flashing randomly over and over, the game ran fine on previous card so I know its not the game itself, unless there is something extra I need to install for this card? I got DirectX 11 and all the C++ stuff...here are my temps:

Any ideas guys? I am so close >_<<div class="quote-container" data-huddler-embed="/t/1606135/need-help-with-my-new-amd-radeon-hd-7770-video-card/20#post_25356484" data-huddler-embed-placeholder="false">Quote:
Originally Posted by MythTFLfan29 View Post

If the screen is showing random green or graphic glitches it might be a driver issue, i.e. maybe try an older version of AMD's drivers. Is it just one game where it has the glitches (game updated with latest patches from manufacturer's site?) or on several games or the main desktop screen? Maybe the driver version 16.1 or 16.4 possibly might play better with your system. If you do a google search for the driver version it should pop up with some hits from the AMD site with a 64 bit or 32 bit download for Win 10/8.1/7 etc. I am running a driver that is 2 revisions older than the newest one on my Nvidia card due to it causing issues with some games. When it gives you the option to install the driver you should be able to choose express or custom install (I always choose custom) and you can check off the things you don't need like Raptr or in my case 3d vision, geforce experience, etc.

Well the Radeon software says I am using version 16.3.2 so I cant really do 16.4, according to the program this is the latest driver...unless you saw a newer one somewhere?
post #30 of 42 Old 07-17-2016, 07:52 PM

Liked: 36
Yeah if it says you're on 16.3.2 you might try 16.1.1 possibly. Usually the newest drivers offer the updates/bug fixes for newer games and such but sometimes they don't all work out for everyone from an error free perspective.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page