Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIalex View Post
Let me be a bit more clear then:

You asked me if it is EOL. I said no. Here's the rest of the info you want to know:

AMD forecasts shipments maybe one quarter MAX. If we're lucky, 4-6 weeks out. Out of that, we figure out what the entire WORLD needs, and allocates based on that.

Even if we had 1K on order, we'd know at MOST 3 weeks out if it's incoming.

So, given the above information, I answered your question. If you want me to tell you exactly what day it's coming, no I don't know.

If you think all this is an attempt to insult your intelligence, I apologize.

But go back and read what you wrote. You're throwing out insults at customer service reps here that are supposed to help you out, and you refer to them as being "programmed to know" only things they're supposed to know, just because the answer to your question cannot be addressed to your immediate satisfaction.

I don't want to describe it this way, but in the tech world if you buy one part and expect to buy the exact same part weeks/months later (especially an item of high demand), chances are you won't be able to find it.

As for quality control... perhaps Newegg is selling/replacing you with a card that has/is been returned multiple times? There are a LOT of people out there abusing return policies. But if you've only RMA'd with Newegg and no one else, I won't comment any further on that.

Either way, I think you are drawing a conclusion on QC based on a very small sample set and limited amount of contact/experience with one single e-tailer.
I've never had an issue buying multiples of the same device. Gigabyte's flagship z68 motherboard has, according to multiple websites, sold more copies than MSI's R6970 and I haven't seen it in short supply on any website. I could point out the same for hundreds of different devices, but I won't go into all of that.

Your attempt at insulting my intelligence was very clear in your post. You don't need to try and cover it up.

Yes, customer service reps that are supposed to help me out. The main issue that I had there was that it was impossible to get in touch with anyone via email due to issues that went on for days with your email system.

The person I spoke with on the phone was not even capable of understanding my question. They kept asking me if I wanted to RMA my card. What does an RMA have to do with my asking them if they have any information on the R6970 Lightning. "Has it been discontinued?" ... "Would you like to RMA the device?"

Hence my point in saying that they aren't capable of helping with issues other than what they're strictly trained for.

This is the issue we have by using customer service reps that barely speak English and have very little to do with the company that they work for, as they're probably contracted out and never touch base, or are incapable of communicating properly with the rest of the company.

It's a huge lack of communication from the customer, to the representatives, to the company itself.

Let me ask you a question: How does one call their customer service staff "representatives" if they are not actually capable of representing the company that they work for? They aren't representative of MSI. They couldn't put me on the line with a supervisor or someone who could answer my questions because they don't have that kind of a connection to your company.

The fact remains that customer service has fallen by the wayside, and the customer comes out feeling like a prick because complaining is the only thing that might help a company realize where their faults lie.

It's a simple question with a simple answer, and I had to come to some random forum after digging through a Google search to find an answer from someone who proves my point of poor customer service with their very existence on this forum, ie. you feel the need to bridge a gap between customer and developer because MSI's customer service fails at doing so.

I'm not saying this to insult you or insult them. I'm saying this to insult the system that put you where you are. But all in all, it is representative of the company that you work for, and while you represent it fairly well, your daily customer service reps do not.

I commend you on what you're doing here. Thanks for being able to answer my question no matter how difficult it was, beginning to end, to get it answered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 220 Old 08-16-2011, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
3.0ghz

Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivefly View Post

It's a huge lack of communication from the customer, to the representatives, to the company itself.

Let me ask you a question: How does one call their customer service staff "representatives" if they are not actually capable of representing the company that they work for? They aren't representative of MSI. They couldn't put me on the line with a supervisor or someone who could answer my questions because they don't have that kind of a connection to your company.

The fact remains that customer service has fallen by the wayside, and the customer comes out feeling like a prick because complaining is the only thing that might help a company realize where their faults lie.

It's a simple question with a simple answer, and I had to come to some random forum after digging through a Google search to find an answer from someone who proves my point of poor customer service with their very existence on this forum, ie. you feel the need to bridge a gap between customer and developer because MSI's customer service fails at doing so.

I'm not saying this to insult you or insult them. I'm saying this to insult the system that put you where you are. But all in all, it is representative of the company that you work for, and while you represent it fairly well, your daily customer service reps do not.

I commend you on what you're doing here. Thanks for being able to answer my question no matter how difficult it was, beginning to end, to get it answered.
It may be a simple question with a simple answer, but as I already mentioned before, it is NOT a simple answer if you want the truth.

As such, the mere fact that I had to provide you with an extended explanation really just shows you're asking something way beyond 99% of the "representatives" of any company.

I only know this because I have to know it, it's a part of my job to know when product is coming, when there's a need to push sales, etc. I am fairly unique in this standing, and to assume that other customer service personnel should/would know this is making false assumptions.
post #183 of 220 Old 08-16-2011, 03:19 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 91
So, uh... why does nobody ever answer the phone at MSI's RMA department? I've used up almost all my minutes and am now resorting to Skype... all listening to a stupid ringing sound that is now thoroughly grating on my ears. Is it too much to ask that I be kept in the loop on the status of my RMA, especially since my last one came in pretty messed up?

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 220 Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 54
I have read posts in this forum here and there... question, I just sent did a RMA, graphics card, to MSI in Cali, ballpark on turn around?

sneaky.gif: : The Official Corsair H50 Hydro Series Club : : sneaky.gif
post #185 of 220 Old 08-18-2011, 03:22 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 91
Mine arrived at their office on Monday. This morning, it was finally marked at received. I don't expect to get any communication from them until next Monday. Seeing how they're low on 6970 Lightnings, I wouldn't be surprised if they send you the busted-ass one I originally received and sent back. Make sure you let us know if they do!

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #186 of 220 Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 PM
4.0ghz

audio, I will keep u updated.

post #187 of 220 Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 PM
4.0ghz

MSi contacted me 8-24-11 saying they recieved my card, Alex, any Idea how long the testing will take before I hear any news?

Thanks,

u want my RMA # ?

post #188 of 220 Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spct View Post
I have read posts in this forum here and there... question, I just sent did a RMA, graphics card, to MSI in Cali, ballpark on turn around?
Usually 2 full weeks in my experience.
post #189 of 220 Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 117
Whats better, the cyclone or the twin frozr?
post #190 of 220 Old 08-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoblikat View Post
Whats better, the cyclone or the twin frozr?
Twin Frozr.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page