post #33641 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 02:27 AM
AMD Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durquavian View Post

The baffling one is the mylittlepony friendship is magic. I just cant wrap my head around how that has so many posts. 75137posts for reference. Now if we were to count all the deleted-by-mod posts in here we might have 110,000, half of the deleted being Gertrude's. biggrin.gif

This made me laugh

thanks man i needed cheering up wink.gif

Hurricane28 "My English is just fine, probably even better than yours as i have American blood"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33642 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 03:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

And replied to more than 33600 times, ya. It's one of the larger OCN threads. Even the Ivy Bridge and Haswell Owners clubs combined have only 10700 replies.
Is the 840 Evo an option where you are? And to add to that, are they one of the cheapest options like they are here?

If yes, get that.
If you plan to get 32GB ever, get 2x8GB now. If you do not plan to, then 4x4GB, because they do run faster and have better timings.
The stress comes from addressing space required on the IMC, not necessarily the number of DIMMs. RAM gets it;s power from the motherboard, and there are only 128 data channels to work with regardless of 2 sticks or four, the problem comes into play when the IMC has to track more and more ram. 16GB should stress it equally either way.

4x4GB can run faster, but 2x8GB leaves more room for upgrade. Depends what you're looking for.

EDIT:
It's heeerreeee:

Got em at 2133 10-10-10-31 1T. Will work with them more later.

Okay thnx for the reply thumb.gif

Also the reason i need more RAM is that i have the Samsung EVO 120gb and in rapid mode it uses 1gb of my RAM to use for cash, but i am not that happy with my SSD my agility 3 that died on me was faster and felt a lot more snappy in windows and programs load faster, so yet again Samsung marketing?

Maybe i am looking for another SSD as well because i don't like this one.
post #33643 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 03:33 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 42
Quote:
One more edit: AMD is buddies with Dataram. You may not have heard of them. They make server stuff, including memory.

http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-services/consumer-memory

Tada.

Ive been using their RamDisk software for years. thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33644 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 03:46 AM
Programmer

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durquavian View Post

The baffling one is the mylittlepony friendship is magic. I just cant wrap my head around how that has so many posts. 75137posts for reference. Now if we were to count all the deleted-by-mod posts in here we might have 110,000, half of the deleted being Gertrude's. biggrin.gif
Because it's awesome? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
rainbow_dash_awesome_by_kamikazedelbvh-d3ic8rx.jpg

Besides, Rainbow Dash is totally into overclocking; my full load temperature dropped from 55°C to 44°C roughly 10s after I put her next to my heatsink. She's the best cooling upgrade money can buy. I guess 100K posts is a challenge now? Does 100000th post get FX-9590 OC'd to 6GHz with appropriate cooling?

post #33645 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 04:26 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by koscum View Post

Because it's awesome? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
rainbow_dash_awesome_by_kamikazedelbvh-d3ic8rx.jpg

Besides, Rainbow Dash is totally into overclocking; my full load temperature dropped from 55°C to 44°C roughly 10s after I put her next to my heatsink. She's the best cooling upgrade money can buy. I guess 100K posts is a challenge now? Does 100000th post get FX-9590 OC'd to 6GHz with appropriate cooling?

To qualify for said promotion you must have had an 83xx since 1 month after release and posted since around that time in this thread XD

At some point I will be posting more.. I have been well not anywhere for some time.. kinda lost my appetite for such places like this.. personal matters have made all of my hobbies null one day I will have something worth wile saying again.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Asus sabertooth rev 2.0 BIOS 1503
Coolermaster Haf Stacker
FX 8350 @5.1 @1.7v :O
XSPC Raystorm RS240 + Swiftec D5 pump and 360 Rad
2x AMD XFX 280x DD @ 1210/1700
Rosewill Capstone 750w PSU

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif
post #33646 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 AM
Programmer

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

To qualify for said promotion you must have had an 83xx since 1 month after release and posted since around that time in this thread XD
Le gasp! This contest is rigged, rigged I tell you! Now to invent a working and usable time machine..... or would that be considered cheating?

post #33647 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 04:53 AM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

This made me laugh

thanks man i needed cheering up wink.gif
Thought you'd like that.
post #33648 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 AM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

At some point I will be posting more.. I have been well not anywhere for some time.. kinda lost my appetite for such places like this.. personal matters have made all of my hobbies null one day I will have something worth wile saying again.

Thats a shame man i was just thinking other day how not seen u in ages

Hope all gets well for u soon

Hurricane28 "My English is just fine, probably even better than yours as i have American blood"
post #33649 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

And replied to more than 33600 times, ya. It's one of the larger OCN threads. Even the Ivy Bridge and Haswell Owners clubs combined have only 10700 replies.
Is the 840 Evo an option where you are? And to add to that, are they one of the cheapest options like they are here?

If yes, get that.
If you plan to get 32GB ever, get 2x8GB now. If you do not plan to, then 4x4GB, because they do run faster and have better timings.
The stress comes from addressing space required on the IMC, not necessarily the number of DIMMs. RAM gets it;s power from the motherboard, and there are only 128 data channels to work with regardless of 2 sticks or four, the problem comes into play when the IMC has to track more and more ram. 16GB should stress it equally either way.

4x4GB can run faster, but 2x8GB leaves more room for upgrade. Depends what you're looking for.

EDIT:
It's heeerreeee:

Got em at 2133 10-10-10-31 1T. Will work with them more later.

Okay thnx for the reply thumb.gif

Also the reason i need more RAM is that i have the Samsung EVO 120gb and in rapid mode it uses 1gb of my RAM to use for cash, but i am not that happy with my SSD my agility 3 that died on me was faster and felt a lot more snappy in windows and programs load faster, so yet again Samsung marketing?

Maybe i am looking for another SSD as well because i don't like this one.

I'm not really sure how to tell you this, but basically all newer 120GB SSDs are crap because they have larger capacity chips on them. Speed is gained from more of these chips running in more or less RAID 0 on the same little PCB. Even going to 250GB, the IOPS are better and the write speeds increase massively.

Not only that, but the larger the SSD, the more cache it has of it's own. The 120GB model comes with a rather pathetic by Samsung standards of 256MB of LDDR2 1066. The 250GB and 500GB models come with 512MB of LDDR2 1066, and the 750GB and 1TB models come with a full 1GB of LDDR2 1066.

By going for the 120GB model of the 840 EVO, you literally jumped on the weakest weapon in their arsenal and are now paying the price for it, so to speak. It's the equivalent of buying a 212 EVO over an NH-D14. The 840 EVOs are almost always near or at the top of their charts, even beyond their price range, but the 120GB is lacking.
post #33650 of 68054 Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 5
Hey guys.
I've been planning to save up for a custom water loop for my 8350 to get to 5GHz or more, but I've seen some people get there with AIO coolers as well. I would love to finally get to build my first ever custom loop, but it costs a lot more than a good 240 AIO. Is a custom loop really worth it price/performance wise? Also, which would you recommend? The H100i seems to be good enough for 5 GHz if I cool my VRMs well enough and is available in my country, or should I spend a little more money and a lot more time by ordering an h220 from Germany? I could get an AIO next month, a custom loop would have to wait until the middle of summer most likely. Would be nice to make my mind up soon since a 240 rad requires me to cut up my case a little bit and it would be nice to know when I have to take that leap of faith with my hands made of jelly and my head full of cobwebs. biggrin.gif
Also, how much could I benefit from faster RAM? Currently running 2x4GB @ 1600MHz, if I ever find some extra money should I upgrade to 2133 or is it good enough to OC my current sticks to 1866?
Cheers.

devil.gif [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X Owners Club devil.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page