Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiw View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigc View Post

whats your llc set too?

Very high, Extreme heats things up a bit too much for me so I keep it at very high. Hope that helps! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

I used some double sided tape on mine

Some really heavy duty stuff? I think I'll Mod my back panel with some modders mesh and duplicate the side panel that already has mesh on it. (Case is a Corsair 500R)

Actually just some medium stick stuff, i used an 80mm fan directly over the back of the socket and run some tape down each side on the backplate

AMD Community Manager for ANZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41752 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cut up some cue tips and stuffed them into the screw holes then pushed the plastic ends onto the sides of the plate and put electrical tape over the screw holes, the pressure each side seems to hold it up.

Feel free to try it yourself i just used the fan that was on the heatsick that came with the chip
post #41753 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 93
Quote:

Cut up some cue tips and stuffed them into the screw holes then pushed the plastic ends onto the sides of the plate and put electrical tape over the screw holes, the pressure each side seems to hold it up.

Feel free to try it yourself i just used the fan that was on the heatsick that came with the chip

My heatsink fans are cooling my VRM heatsink (one from my 8350 and one from an old phenom x3) I plan on watercooling my VRM and NB next year and like said modding my side panel to either include some mesh or swap sides with the panels and put a window in the panel. I want to put a window on my panel because I want to include this on the side:

Found here well atleast the line version because I have access to a laser engraving machine.
Quote:

Actually just some medium stick stuff, i used an 80mm fan directly over the back of the socket and run some tape down each side on the backplate

Ah I see, is it best to mount it right on the plate or could I fit a nicely powered 120mm fan on my side panel for similar results?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41754 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 09:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 41
So I got my fx 8320E Tuesday I think my local Mc was out of FX 8370/8370E I just started Ocing few hours ago. As soon I started I noticed how much better the power usage has been reduced. for example I just reached 4.6 ghz at 1.387v at lik3 48c max temp. Im still working on 5ghz so I'll post pics and stuff later. I was just very eager to post this info on this version of the 8320E thumb.gif

post #41755 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 09:07 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 141
Quote:

Quote:

My heatsink fans are cooling my VRM heatsink (one from my 8350 and one from an old phenom x3) I plan on watercooling my VRM and NB next year and like said modding my side panel to either include some mesh or swap sides with the panels and put a window in the panel. I want to put a window on my panel because I want to include this on the side:

Found here well atleast the line version because I have access to a laser engraving machine.
Quote:

Ah I see, is it best to mount it right on the plate or could I fit a nicely powered 120mm fan on my side panel for similar results?

you could flip the side of your case around.. use the cut out for the side fan should line up if your case sides can switch
post #41756 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Overclocker in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlailScHLAMP View Post

you could flip the side of your case around.. use the cut out for the side fan should line up if your case sides can switch

Yea, that's sort of what I want to do but, my mesh panel has 2 140mm fans pumping loads of cold air into my case lmao. Hence why I want to mod the other panel, either that or buy one from Corsair, but then I'd have a spare panel just lying around doing nothing.smile.gif
post #41757 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Overclocker

Quote:

Quote:

Yea, that's sort of what I want to do but, my mesh panel has 2 140mm fans pumping loads of cold air into my case lmao. Hence why I want to mod the other panel, either that or buy one from Corsair, but then I'd have a spare panel just lying around doing nothing.smile.gif

eh, turning it around isn't going to make you case temps rise. you are just changing the side that the air is coming in.

kinda hard to have only slightly positive air pressure if you got almost twice the fans on intake as you do on exhaust, bet most of that cool air isn't passing through your rads

140's in the front and bottom, with the 200mm(it did come with the case didn't it?) pointed at the back of your socket would be slightly positive compared to the 3x 120mm fans you have for exhaust.
post #41758 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Overclocker in Training

Quote:

eh, turning it around isn't going to make you case temps rise. you are just changing the side that the air is coming in.

kinda hard to have only slightly positive air pressure if you got almost twice the fans on intake as you do on exhaust, bet most of that cool air isn't passing through your rads

140's in the front and bottom, with the 200mm(it did come with the case didn't it?) pointed at the back of your socket would be slightly positive compared to the 3x 120mm fans you have for exhaust.

Sorry it might help if I explain my set up, I have 2 x 120mm front intake (weak airflow), 2 x 140mm on the side panel intake, 2 x 120mm top exhaust on the 240mm rad and 1 x 120mm exhaust on the 120mm rad oh and 2 x 80mm on the VRM.
post #41759 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 10:39 PM
Overclocker

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry it might help if I explain my set up, I have 2 x 120mm front intake (weak airflow), 2 x 140mm on the side panel intake, 2 x 120mm top exhaust on the 240mm rad and 1 x 120mm exhaust on the 120mm rad oh and 2 x 80mm on the VRM.

fans on VRMS don't add to the airflow.

are all your HDD bays full? can't tell if that HHD rack splits like fractals does or not, from the pictures. (side not when will companies realize that most people don't need 6+ hdd bays, especially in a mid tower..)

if your front intakes are weak, put one of the 140mm fans from the side pulling in from the bottom intake and move the side mesh to the rear of the board with the 200mm back in.

reason being, beyond 1.51-1.53v you REALLY should have some active cooling on your socket. it will likely hold you back, as the socket temp is almost as important as the cores when you get into this voltage.

also, lowering your LLC to high, will help temps such as the socket. allow the vdroop to help rather then shying away from it.

mind you, you will need to seriously UP your vCore too account for the Vdroop
post #41760 of 68054 Old 10-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Overclocker in Training

I did experiment with high LLC but the vdroop was heating things up due to the voltage offset, yes I'm aware that the VRM fans don't add to airflow lol but the 140mm fans are helping cool air get to them, I did use the 210mm fan for a long time but it really wasn't helping me at all. I do need to cool the socket that is correct but as it stands I'll just let it be until January when I get more funds to play with.

Also I did use the 120mm exhaust fan that came with the case to pull air up from the floor but it wasn't doing much at all, I saw no benefit temp wise from having it there. I split all my hard drives up (I have 3 and 1 SSD) it did help but not really a massive improvement at all again.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page