[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 6084 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #60831 of 68054 Old 06-12-2016, 01:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 302
What is that plastic cover for? It looks like it blocks air flow and will make it run hotter. I'd lose that in a heartbeat.

post-flame-small.gif 5ghz-overclock-club post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif 1ghz-overclock-club post-flame-small.gifdevil.gif| 5ghz 24/7 club| devil.gif

CALEXIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #60832 of 68054 Old 06-12-2016, 01:53 PM
x264 Enthusiast

Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

What is that plastic cover for? It looks like it blocks air flow and will make it run hotter. I'd lose that in a heartbeat.

It's funny how Asrock isn't owned by ASUS for many years now, but somehow they end up with the same ideas at the same time, isn't it? I thought the same thing when i first saw it, but it was in an Asrock:

Quote:
"I/O Armor
A new designed protective cover for all of the crucial parts near the motherboard's rear I/O, so that they won't easily be damaged by static electricity."

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970A-G3.1/

But like you say, it does seem like a heat trap, doesn't it.

PLEASE, don't PM me to solve your computer problems privately. That's what the forum is for.
post #60833 of 68054 Old 06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 93
Quote:

There will be a fan in the TUF logo bracket, they've been doing it on intel boards for some time, but they're loud and I'd rather just have a waterblock to remove the noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #60834 of 68054 Old 06-13-2016, 07:53 AM
Politically Incorrect

Liked: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undervolter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

I doubt that Zen is being delayed till next year, AMD was very adamant that it was releasing in 2016.

As for the Sabertooth well......maybe they are trying to do a Rev 3 that actually works? tongue.gif

Yeah, i think i read they were talking about January 2017, but it would be foolish to lose the Xmas market. I really don't know the rationale behind the Sabertooth. The Aura for 100 euros, i can see it selling and even in my local Amazon, there are already reviews (most people here don't bother to write reviews, i don't either, so whatever number reviews you see, means many more purchases). The Sabertooth i don't know how they will sell it at this point... even if it's better than the previous.

I mean, the Sabertooth 3.0 would make sense for you guru guys in this thread. But, not at months before Zen! When Zen comes out, after 5 months we will be probably 4-5 people left with Visheras in the forum.

Depends entirely on how Zen performs. I never buy first generation, I didn't buy first generation A64, Phenom, or even FX, I learned that lesson when I bought first generation C2. So, I will wait either way as I have other priorities and then buy Zen in a year or two when it's matured and we know what the chips are capable of.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz1729 go_quote.gif
Haha, Liranan, you creep.

Tacitus - The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian Proverb
post #60835 of 68054 Old 06-13-2016, 09:58 AM

Liked: 15
Well, looks like I am not going to go above 4.5 Ghz although, I think a 1.2Ghz overclock is still pretty damn good! smile.gif I am at 4.5 Ghz, 1.400 Vcore, LLC at Ultra HIgh, NB CPU LLC and High and everything else set on auto. I did set everything to manual and all power saving off but, it made no difference. Basically, I increase the voltage to 1.475 but almost immediately lock up the whole computer at 4.6 Ghz when using IBT AVX.

Of course, if anyone has any suggestions about some things on this Asus 970 Pro Aura that I may have missed, please let me know. I am on a Noctua NH-D15 so I am not overheating. I am very happy with this $104.99 chip and it will last me a while.
post #60836 of 68054 Old 06-13-2016, 11:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiw View Post

There will be a fan in the TUF logo bracket, they've been doing it on intel boards for some time, but they're loud and I'd rather just have a waterblock to remove the noise.

I remove the case I/O panel specifically to increase the flow of hot air out of the case, and now ASUS is defacing the motherboard on AMD with that stupid air flow blocker. They are probably charging a lot more for that garbage too. After all the intel folks have been paying extra for it for years.

post-flame-small.gif 5ghz-overclock-club post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif 1ghz-overclock-club post-flame-small.gifdevil.gif| 5ghz 24/7 club| devil.gif

CALEXIT
post #60837 of 68054 Old 06-13-2016, 11:54 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 141
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiw View Post

I remove the case I/O panel specifically to increase the flow of hot air out of the case, and now ASUS is defacing the motherboard on AMD with that stupid air flow blocker. They are probably charging a lot more for that garbage too. After all the intel folks have been paying extra for it for years.

you realize that what you've done is doing the exact opposite of what you intended?

if you've got a rear fan it will put in hot air from there, if you are using top fans then you are still likely pulling in air from there also.

your case would have to be horrendously positive pressure based, which is terrible for dust build up. for any air to actually get OUT there.

its also awesome that you make a snap judgement about something that as only shown two pictures of which none of which show the i/o to see if there is extended heat-sink or smaller fans under there. rolleyes.gif
post #60838 of 68054 Old 06-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 141
did MS Xbox just pretty much say they have a RX 480 and a 14nm 8-core processor under the hood @ e3 for Proj Scorpio?

6t flops gpu power, 320gb mem bandwidth. so maybe GDDR5X for both cpu and gpu?
post #60839 of 68054 Old 06-13-2016, 12:22 PM
x264 Enthusiast

Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofGod1000 View Post

Well, looks like I am not going to go above 4.5 Ghz although, I think a 1.2Ghz overclock is still pretty damn good! smile.gif I am at 4.5 Ghz, 1.400 Vcore, LLC at Ultra HIgh, NB CPU LLC and High and everything else set on auto. I did set everything to manual and all power saving off but, it made no difference. Basically, I increase the voltage to 1.475 but almost immediately lock up the whole computer at 4.6 Ghz when using IBT AVX.

Of course, if anyone has any suggestions about some things on this Asus 970 Pro Aura that I may have missed, please let me know. I am on a Noctua NH-D15 so I am not overheating. I am very happy with this $104.99 chip and it will last me a while.

You may take some ideas from here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1587222/asus-970-pro-gaming-aura/20

But 4.5Ghz @ 1.4v doesn't look bad at all.

PLEASE, don't PM me to solve your computer problems privately. That's what the forum is for.

Last edited by Mfusick; 06-25-2014 at 10:29 AM.
post #60840 of 68054 Old 06-13-2016, 12:52 PM

Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofGod1000 View Post

I assume you have APM off and HPC on. Did you raise the current capability to 120%. I never had any lock-ups like that only throttling with stock BIOS settings. Ran the 9370 @ 5032 + 1.5v with 2400 memory IBT stable

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page