post #61381 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 07:31 AM
AMD Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdourado View Post

I have been reading some reviews and opinions from 2013 and 2014 about the 3770k vs the 8350 for gaming.
What I have been reading is that the Intel is better.
But like i said, that was in 2013,2014.
How about today and with games released today and in the coming year?
What performs better?
And what is a better buy?
A used 3 year old z77 board, 3770k and 16gb of ram or a new 990fx sabertooth r2, 8320 and 16gb of ram?

Thank you.
Cheers

Cant you wait u ntil zen hits? or does it have to be now

Hurricane28 "My English is just fine, probably even better than yours as i have American blood"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #61382 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 07:37 AM
it's moss - one - moss!

Liked: 459
If you are thinking about multithreaded development, the 3770K will still edge the FX.

New vs. Old will not matter as long as you are assured of the date of purchase of the items. Intel has 3? Years warranty IIRC. So are the motherboards. So as long as the Processor hasn't been delidded or lapped, you can still RMA it if needed. Same with the board. If it wasn't tampered in any form and has been purchased, within the last couple of years, you will still have something to be assured of.

Be sure to ask for the boxes too.

D I S C L A I M E R
If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
post #61383 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 08:20 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

Cant you wait u ntil zen hits? or does it have to be now

^Bump^

AMD FX prices have been falling steadily for some time. They'll probably even further when Zen hits the market. The time to upgrade a cpu is later this year or early next year IMO.

The graphics card market is going through a similar transition now. $250 today will get you the performance of $500 a couple years ago with less heat and greater energy efficiency. It's a good time to buy a new GPU, next month may be a little better still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #61384 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 08:24 AM
it's moss - one - moss!

Liked: 459
AMD is now racking up on sales due to the RX 480. They will now have the funds needed for R&D. Zen should enjoy this trend.

I am optimistic!

D I S C L A I M E R
If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
post #61385 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 12
I just read a review of the new GTX 1060.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

AMD is now racking up on sales due to the RX 480. They will now have the funds needed for R&D. Zen should enjoy this trend.

I am optimistic!

Me too, their stock price is up this year.

Transistors are getting down to the smallest possible sizes and microprocessor performance gains are continuing to slow down. Intel can't stay that far ahead of AMD forever biggrin.gif
post #61386 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 11:00 AM

Liked: 13
Got back from work did a full set of changes and here is the result at 21x multiplier with everything in DIGI+ turned as AL says and with 1.4 vcore ... strange that HW monitor is showing it less
the only thing that is different to what AL suggested is the T-Probe i set it to extreme while tweaking the chip.

Ambient temperature 25.3C atm

Awaiting for advice for the next step while i cook dinner biggrin.gif

Couldn't wait
25.3C ambient still

I am thinking to try x23 multiplier directly

Edit: x23 crashed and rebooted at around the first IBT batch so i am now gonna test x22.5

post #61387 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 01:51 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzylol View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post

honestly the fact that I can't seem to find any really reputable reviews on this unit has me worried somewhat. And CM as I said doesn't have a great reputation for their budget PSU's. So I wouldn't recommend trying to push this unit to anywhere near its rated output. So you can overclock if you wish. But I do advise caution.

stick with seasonic evga or corsair.
no. Just stick to a PSU that's a decent quality unit and built by a decent OEM. I have arguably one of the best PSU's in the world and it isn't on your rather narrow list of brands there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inkill3r go_quote.gif

Also, we're discussing intel because it seems like there's no way to enforce pure-AMD build threads in this forum. It should be renamed the 'you really want intel instead' forum.
If You Can Cool It!cool.gif-You Can Clock It!wheee.gif (AMD's Vishera)
post #61388 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavovid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

does it pass ibt with everything at stock settings?

will check now played a few games because of whole day at work and wanted to relax a bit

But i am seeing something strange maybe it's a HWinfo64 bug CPU package for the last 1hour has reached 47C but the CPU 0 just above it maximum says that it was 255.9C ... ***

running IBT right now

And from reading the guide by "system restore" i was under the impression that i shouldn't be going above 60C on the package
old information that has since been updated by AMD themselves.

Quote:

Also, we're discussing intel because it seems like there's no way to enforce pure-AMD build threads in this forum. It should be renamed the 'you really want intel instead' forum.
post #61389 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 01:59 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

please stop giving out this advice, it is poor advice and it would seem to me you do not understand a "good" psu from a "poor" one

for example
most all of corsairs newer psus are crap. either / and / or : over priced, poor voltage reg, ripple suppression, or generally poor power quality.

evga you should avoid all the gen 1 nex / g1 products. for the same reasons as above

do you really think all of seaonics psu are good ? well they are not all good.

stop recommending people buy blindly on brand. if that is what you do, good for you. it should not be the way most/others buy them
it is not good to use a poor power supply, not saying it will blow up, but cheap psus have been known to .

read all this
http://www.overclock.net/t/715889/phaedrus-psu-articles/0_100#post9110838

the "articles" and "myth busting. both very important
i doubt it, i bet he still has turbo on

Aren't the most PSU's made by Seasonic..? I know my CM V850 is based on the newer Seasonic X-850 and is one of the best 850 watt PSU's if not the best out there according to many reviews.
every brand has their sour apples and their gold nuggets. You just need to do proper research before buying thumb.gif

Quote:

post #61390 of 68054 Old 07-19-2016, 02:03 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavovid View Post

Got back from work did a full set of changes and here is the result at 21x multiplier with everything in DIGI+ turned as AL says and with 1.4 vcore ... strange that HW monitor is showing it less
the only thing that is different to what AL suggested is the T-Probe i set it to extreme while tweaking the chip.

Ambient temperature 25.3C atm

Awaiting for advice for the next step while i cook dinner biggrin.gif

Couldn't wait
25.3C ambient still

I am thinking to try x23 multiplier directly
In other words? Success. thumb.gif

Now what I personally use as a benchmark for stability is 20x Very High. Generally if I pass 20x I will be fine for anything. But 10x is good for initial testing. thumb.gif

Quote:

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page