FX-6300 Throttles to 1.4GHz at ~58-60C (STOCK EVERYTHING) - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 13 Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Considering the past problems with MSI motherboard VRM's I'd say you are lucky all it's doing is throttling. They have been known to burst into flames in the past. If you only have the budget to upgrade one part it needs to be the motherboard. Maybe you can sell the MSI afterwards to get enough to upgrade the psu or at least start a new PSU fund. I am not bashing MSI, just that their AMD motherboards have been known to be sub-par.

“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.”

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 220
The system parts you listed on your first post can easily run with a 300watt psu so its not the psu.
Most likely the motherboard is faulty. It shouldve been able to handle the FX6300 at stock.

post #13 of 13 Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 571
Motherboard VRM's overheating would be my guess too. Stock settings should not reach 60c either. I imagine you are in high ambient temps as well. Need improved cooling. Try setting a fan directly above the VRM's and retest.

ALSO- make sure you do not run Prime95,IBT or LinX to stress test.You could have a fire. MSI also states this.The problem is not the throttling,the problem is the overheating.In this case throttling is your friend. wink.gif

eek.gifAMD Athlon II 450 @4.74GHz http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2204588

AMD MaxxMemm Rankings
960T @ 4.6GHz http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2171450
X6 running 4.125GHz 24/7 @1.47v

sonic.gifsonic.gif

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page