post #61 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Now Available in Orange

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
I hope you're not making a blanket statement here. What you suggest does not really work for people with skt939/AM2 systems, unless they sell all their stuff first.
It's only for building from scratch, which I already stated. Almost nothing in this thread applies to people with existing systems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 11:50 AM
733mhz

Liked: 4
Don't fret - AMD will come up with something to gain the performance lead, then Intel will do likewise, and AMD again... just a matter of timing

post #63 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 12:14 PM

Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFriend View Post
I know that most of my rigs you see below are Intel. Don't take that into consideration while reading this post:

Here is the deal, if you have an AMD Athlon X2 or FX processor then you may have noticed that it might lag in some games, while a Pentium D in an almost
Quote:
identical machine knocks it out of the park. This reason is because some games were not meant for Dual-core. Then why does the Pentium D run them? That is not the point that I am trying to make. You see, after several vigorous tests, the Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 OC'd can beat out the AMD Athlon FX-60 and it is so much cheaper. I am by-no-means telling you all to abandon your AMDs. It just seems pointless to buy an AMD CPU now that they are still more than the C2D (except maybe the 3800+). Also, there is a lesser risk of having to play one of those games that doesn't like Dual-core CPUs. I know EVERYONE is going to say it is because I am an Intel fan. That is not the case. I have played on higher-end AMD rigs and they are GREAT. They just have become obsolete, but remain expensive. Just make the right choice. I hopes this helps at least one person

My Question is if you have so many pc's why were you "BEGGING" for parts during my christmas give away???

And for the record my operton plays any game I want just fine..never had any issues with it..

I think it went like this...by slowfriend

Quote:
Give to those LESS fortunate not equally fortunate. There are people out there using their PC at work (Me)...I would rather give it to a kid who lost his parents in a car accident last week...check my post above^
And this:by slowfriend

Quote:
I would call that fair, with to mortgages, we end up losing money every year. We will only last about four years off the money I have in savings. I need to get my associates degree SOON. I still give to charity though. Have a heart.
And: by slowfriend
Quote:
That's not what I meant. It's not me that needs it. It's ten-year-old ORPHAN Danny.
and this is the topper: by slowfriend
sure is a lot of rigs there for minimum wage...

I know that I do not need charity, but I sponser two kids every christmas to buy them whatever they want. I only make min. wage so it's kind of hard. If you could help me out, one wants a computer to play games on. I just had to grab his name off the tree because I love computers too...His name is Danny, he is 10 and lives in Overland Park, KS. Not more than four hours drive from me. I would like to go up there Christmas Eve and deliver it myself, if it isn't horribly icy. If you could do ANYTHING to help me that would be tremendous!!!
How about some pics of your rigs,with a paper of your screen name and the date..and some documented benchmarks on the games you are testing??

thread
ira-k likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Case Modder

Liked: 110
Set the affinity to single core, run it at very high or real time settings. Or, do what I do, and set it to work with either XP or windows 2K. You DO know, right, that there are different ways to prattle on with computers so you get them to do what YOU want them to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica go_quote.gif
OCN is awesome. There are no losers on OCN. Just people with lesser or greater degrees of awesomeness.
“All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.” -Bruce Lee

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/4032887
post #65 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorpnic View Post
Set the affinity to single core, run it at very high or real time settings. Or, do what I do, and set it to work with either XP or windows 2K. You DO know, right, that there are different ways to prattle on with computers so you get them to do what YOU want them to do?
Umm, don't change the priority over that, because if the game freezes, you're gutted.
post #66 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 12:35 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie36 View Post
Ok, I'm gonna stop arguing against the 3800+. AMD can keep that one, and I hope people that need to save the extra money will use it. But if you want a massive performance upgrade for only $50 (the price of most high end air coolers), then get the E6300.

Massive yet unnoticeable..

post #67 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Resistance is Futile

Liked: 387
This thread is pointless and will only cause an "AMD vs Intel" war. I have seen no lag what so ever. What games does this "lag" appear in? ??? My X2 at 3 ghz works well for me. I do plan on building another system in the future and it will be a dual core AMD or possible a Quad core AMD. I would not buy an Intel C2D if they cost 25 cents in a bubble gum machine. Some people will not use an Intel.

And as far as performance goes it does not matter. Were talking about a few percentage points difference. So if a Ferrari and a Porsche race around a track and the Ferrari wins does that make the Porsche crap? NO! You still would not mind having a Porsche!!!

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.
post #68 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdattilo View Post
My question is: If you have so many rigs listed in your sig, why don't you FOLD?
I don't know what the hell folding is...sadly...makes me feel like a newb but....

Want to see my ride? Go here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2820986
post #69 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie36 View Post
Yea but that's like comparing a celeron to a pentium D. You gotta compare AMD's of the same speed at stock. Now see which is more expensive.
This is very true, the X2 5000+ is about the same...check the $$$...

Want to see my ride? Go here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2820986
post #70 of 144 Old 12-23-2006, 01:34 PM
New rig again :s

Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFriend View Post
I don't know what the hell folding is...sadly...makes me feel like a newb but....
OMG, Please read This

Fold For Team 37726!! Get Started Here
Upgrades---> T7200 Core 2 Duo
Guide---> What Core 2 Duo Motherboard is right for me?
Projects---> Waterchiller Build
Rig 2---> P4 640 @ 4GHz, Asus P5P800-SE, 512MB crap, Sunbeam NUUO 550w
My Old Rig --->2.4AE @ 4.15GHz , semi Stable, yes 1.75GHz OC ...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page