Got New Maxes on the XP2800 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Just playing around today, and ended up overclocking father than I've ever done before. Now, to my suprise, Windows booted. So I took some pics, ran FAH for a few horus, and it seems pretty stable. The test will be some gaming tomorrow, but it looks good so far. I'll take more pics and post them, but for now I'm successfully over 2.3ghz.

{Sideways}Oh, and you know that little 60mm fan slot on the back of my case you guys nag me about? Well, I threw a fan off of an old Athlon 3022 HSF on there and jeez, the thing is amazing. So there. That fan slot is worth something. I betcha it's the reason for the new results.{/Sideways}

post-flame-small.gifKeep the standards high and the noise low. Do YOU have quality content?post-flame-small.gif

Can't get enough of Overclock.net? Keep up with us on Facebook!

For any time-sensitive issues, or anything pertaining to our business operations, email is a far better way to contact me than PM. Please remember you can contact any staff member via email to their username @overclocked.net.

Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Resistance is Futile

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipp
Just playing around today, and ended up overclocking father than I've ever done before. Now, to my suprise, Windows booted. So I took some pics, ran FAH for a few horus, and it seems pretty stable. The test will be some gaming tomorrow, but it looks good so far. I'll take more pics and post them, but for now I'm successfully over 2.3ghz.
Not bad for a Barton XP. You should be able to hit 2.4, maybe. I had a mobile XP that ran 24/7 at 2.5 and had it stable at 2.6. But that was a mobile chip. Have you tried 200x12 ? You can hit it with up to 1.8 vcore as long as it stays cool enough.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie5000
Not bad for a Barton XP. You should be able to hit 2.4, maybe. I had a mobile XP that ran 24/7 at 2.5 and had it stable at 2.6. But that was a mobile chip. Have you tried 200x12 ? You can hit it with up to 1.8 vcore as long as it stays cool enough.
Yeah, cooling is a big issue. My temps are pretty steady now, but they creep up to about 53* on full load, so I don't want to push much further. I'm currently at 190FSB and stock Vcore. The other issue is memory timings. I'm running generic PC3200 and some OK PC2700. I don't want to loosen the timings any more than I already have. Vdimm is 2.8v.

post-flame-small.gifKeep the standards high and the noise low. Do YOU have quality content?post-flame-small.gif

For any time-sensitive issues, or anything pertaining to our business operations, email is a far better way to contact me than PM. Please remember you can contact any staff member via email to their username @overclocked.net.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 05:07 PM

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipp
Yeah, cooling is a big issue. My temps are pretty steady now, but they creep up to about 53* on full load, so I don't want to push much further. I'm currently at 190FSB and stock Vcore. The other issue is memory timings. I'm running generic PC3200 and some OK PC2700. I don't want to loosen the timings any more than I already have. Vdimm is 2.8v.
Hey Chipp, you're right, cooling is a big issue with those chips, here's what i found with my cpu.. bartons like the extreme volcano 12 cooler from thermal take (if you're sticking with air).. its all copper and i use ceramique by arctic silver for my paste, i'm currently running my proc at 2315 and i know i haven't hit its top end yet. BTW, try to drop your multi to 11 and see if you can push the fsb any higher, i'm running 10.5 x 220 with value pc3200 ram. Either way.. great OC

Unorthodox, custom, whatever... as long as it's one of a kind!

post #5 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon
Hey Chipp, you're right, cooling is a big issue with those chips, here's what i found with my cpu.. bartons like the extreme volcano 12 cooler from thermal take (if you're sticking with air).. its all copper and i use ceramique by arctic silver for my paste, i'm currently running my proc at 2315 and i know i haven't hit its top end yet. BTW, try to drop your multi to 11 and see if you can push the fsb any higher, i'm running 10.5 x 220 with value pc3200 ram. Either way.. great OC
OK, I'll try it. Thought my multiplyer was locked up and down, though... Back in a sec.

post #6 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

OK, I'm back to 190x12.5.

Any FSB over 191 and Windows hangs, and I can't change my multiplyer at all, up or down. But hey, 300mhz is nothing to scoff at.

post #7 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Going Broke Overclocking

Liked: 1182
Very good for that setup actually

Please DO NOT Cite the TOS, simply REPORT and DO NOT REPLY or quote it.
"Life is Learning, Learning is Sharing, Sharing is Life"
"Overclocking is like a drug addiction, the difference is we go broke improving our brain cells instead of destroying them!"
Where in the world to buy on-line
Dual or Multi Partition and Why
Everyone, GET Folding, it is important no matter how much you contribute smile.gif
Phenom II should be called Ph II, not a P II because it isn't an old Intel teaching.gif

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page