post #71 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 10:52 AM
("\(o0)/")

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccr64472
3 graphs of encoding is valid proof that intel does a better job at encoding? C'mon, you can't be serious. These are all in rebuff of your statement that Intel dominates multimedia encoding......
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7....html?tag=lnav
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7....html?tag=lnav
http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/...9197754,00.htm
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120656,00.asp

Again, a few graphs mean nothing. I can link you to professional reviews stating that AMD dual core processors hold an edge in encoding. Can you show me any that claim Intel is better at encoding?
If you did not notice the second thread I created, here it is. Notice the part where I mention that I have seen both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist
Please show us then. I have seen many reviews as well that show both so should we just say that this is undecided? Why is it that he has posted benchmarks and you just sit there taunting him? And as I mentioned above you can not have a AMD rig and be a Intel Fanboy.
Being the nice and helpful person that I am. I was suggesting that you show your proof instead of talking about it. When you sit there and talk about it for 10 posts you end up looking like you have no ammo. And now that you have shown links this thread is now more complete.

I hate it when I see a post that contains NO proof. It is like you only want to talk about it all day long to no end. Which is pretty typical of Flame wars. I will give this thread a couple more minutes before I close it.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Merged post:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Alrighty love those reviews

Not one of them contain the new Intel chips.... Keep digging I am sure you can come up with a few more I personally have seen them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 577
scc's proof shows no Intel 9xx series and certainly no 955 series processors and not very valid.

It also does not show 100% of multi-media encoding. In his proofs there are certain tests that show Intel wins. Anyone can show some proof but he said "ACROSS THE BOARD". This means his view can not stand up to a single proof against him. My view of certain events can and does stand up to his partial wins.

Edit - WHY AM I STILL IN HERE?

R
SpookedJunglist likes this.
post #73 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:09 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 43
Yes, bottom line is that both Intel and AMD chips are good and will run (most) anything you try to. AMD's current chips are, for the most part, better for gaming, than Intel's current chips right now. Intel's current chips are, for the most part, better at work tasks (encoding, etc.) than AMD's current chips.

Read my FAQ on why your CPU is running slower than rated!
"Benchies? I want fps/inch in crysis."
-McStuff
"O, hai! Want som pRon? Dwnlod ths kodk frst. Its teh bst pRonz ever, we prmis."
-GibbyGano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 153
I am an AMD fan but the mention of the AMD Socket M2 as being something better then the Athlon 64's and Opteron's right now is a little misleading. If the Athlon does indeed go to DDR2 memory then it will actually be a step backwards in performance. From what I have read DDR2-667 will be equivalent to DDR-400, because the DDR2 suffers much longer latencies then DDR. Not until we see memory around the DDR2-800 range the AMD Socket M2 will not shine. Of course there may be some processor speed increases that might counteract this, but clock for clock they AMD2 might not be the answer. For this reason the socket 939 like the 754 will be here for quite some time.

And to all you Intel fans out there remember when the P4 came out and it was being outperformed by the P3's out on the market. Quite the embarassment. The idea of a 65nm processor is exciting no doubt, and it might very well overtake AMD. Unless the rumors of the AMD Socket M2 going to DDR3 memory are true, then it truely will be a wait and see scenario.

You are a special, unique individual... just like everybody else.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #75 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist
I double post because I can Alrighty love those reviews

Not one of them contain the new Intel chips.... Keep digging I am sure you can come up with a few more I personally have seen them...
Type in "AMD versus Intel Dual core encoding" on Google and those are the first 4 threads you'll receive. I'm not interested in cutting and pasting graphs to skew my point. I'm looking for real, accurate results comparing the dual core processors of both companies. I didn't even read all of them. Those are 4 random links that should show AMD being better at encoding if my original statement is correct. You stated above that I never posted links backing my claims,but that is just untrue. If you read carefully, you can see that the person I was discussing this with changed the focus and I was trying to pinpoint exactly what needed to be debated. It begin with "multitasking"...switched to "switchtasking" then to "encoding", then finally resting on "multi media encoding." If you have reviews showing Intel hold the encoding crown, by all means, post them. Prove me wrong, my goal is not to "win", but to get to the truth. I'm not a fanboy of AMD,Intel,Nvidia, or Ati. I just hate bad information and when I read that Intel is better for multitasking, this began.

Comp #2: Intel 2500k, GTX480, MSI P67AGD55, 4gb G Skill, X-Fi XtremeMusic,Logitech Z5500, 24" Gateway LCD, Antec P180,3 striped 36gb Raptors + 1 500gb, Hyper 212+, Corsair 520HX.

Comp #3:Intel 2500k, GTX480, MSI P67AGD55 , 4gb G Skill, Antec 650W, Logitech 560 4.1, 24" Acer LCD, Chenming MidTower, Liteon DVDRW, 74gb Raptor + 500 gb, Hyper 212+, Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer.

Comp #4: Intel 2500k, MSI 6950 2gb, Asus P8P67A, 4gb G. Skill, 22" Acer LCD,Raptor 150, Hyper 212+, Logitech 530, Antec P180, Antec TruePower 650w,Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic,Liteon DVDRW
post #76 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:13 AM
born to folk

Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropey
Thank you for your amazing insight. Truly you have a command of English vernacular and a taste of logical proof.

R

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
post #77 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:21 AM
("\(o0)/")

Liked: 560
Quote:
Type in "AMD versus Intel Dual core encoding" on Google and those are the first 4 threads you'll receive. I'm not interested in cutting and pasting graphs to skew my point. I'm looking for real, accurate results comparing the dual core processors of both companies. I didn't even read all of them. Those are 4 random links that should show AMD being better at encoding if my original statement is correct. You stated above that I never posted links backing my claims,but that is just untrue. If you read carefully, you can see that the person I was discussing this with changed the focus and I was trying to pinpoint exactly what needed to be debated. It begin with "multitasking"...switched to "switchtasking" then to "encoding", then finally resting on "multi media encoding." If you have reviews showing Intel hold the encoding crown, by all means, post them. Prove me wrong, my goal is not to "win", but to get to the truth. I'm not a fanboy of AMD,Intel,Nvidia, or Ati. I just hate bad information and when I read that Intel is better for multitasking, this began.
You misread my post again. I said i have proof that AMD leads in encoding But it is a mixed bunch of reviews. As far as multitasking goes I will admit that the stronger systems it is too hard to tell. But depending on how many applications you have open I would say it could go either way. The 955EE IS very good at multitasking but so is the FX60. But the best test for this just to test CPU power would most likely be super PI.

Running super pi with 2 instances the FX60 wins, But if you run it 4 instances
the 955 EE wins.
The linkage
Ropey likes this.
post #78 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:26 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 69
at this time in the q seasons. id wait! conroe is coming out and so is fx62 and 5000+! and all we got is theorys of what one will actualy be best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPassTheFence go_quote.gif
Holds true to today, I'm 21 and still a punk kid at heart XD (but Im packing broadband now, woo hoo dL`in pr0nz up to 49877489187327 times faster)
^ best quote ever!!! ^ biggrin.gif
post #79 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Custom User Title

Liked: 923
Quote:
and this is your example of:

Quote:
I can link you to professional reviews stating that AMD dual core processors hold an edge in encoding.
Ropey likes this.

post #80 of 91 Old 03-15-2006, 11:56 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi
and this is your example of:

No, read closer and you'll find that I just told you what those links were. Those are the first 4 threads on Google. I can't type that any clearer. There are professional reviews everywhere comparing dual core processors. I've never seen a single one stating that Intel holds an edge in encoding. Have you?

Comp #2: Intel 2500k, GTX480, MSI P67AGD55, 4gb G Skill, X-Fi XtremeMusic,Logitech Z5500, 24" Gateway LCD, Antec P180,3 striped 36gb Raptors + 1 500gb, Hyper 212+, Corsair 520HX.

Comp #3:Intel 2500k, GTX480, MSI P67AGD55 , 4gb G Skill, Antec 650W, Logitech 560 4.1, 24" Acer LCD, Chenming MidTower, Liteon DVDRW, 74gb Raptor + 500 gb, Hyper 212+, Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer.

Comp #4: Intel 2500k, MSI 6950 2gb, Asus P8P67A, 4gb G. Skill, 22" Acer LCD,Raptor 150, Hyper 212+, Logitech 530, Antec P180, Antec TruePower 650w,Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic,Liteon DVDRW
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page