Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 07:58 AM
3.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 63
from my undertanding the HTT is the rate at which your cpu talks to your mobo.....this increases as you overclock your cpu.......some cpu's support a higher HTT rate...generally keeping the value under 1000 keeps your system stable.

just like the cpu clock, the HTT uses a multiplier, this should be changeable on your mobo....keeping in mind that you need to keep the value under 1000

eg. where cpu = 200x9 = 1800MHz...the HTT will use a x4 or x5 mult so that 200x5=1000.

if you increase your cpu clock above 200 you will need to set your HT mult at x4 to keep your HTT under 1000MHz.

at 251MHz you will need to decrease your HT mult to x3 (251x4=1004)

at 334 you will need to lower to x2 (334x3=1012)
post #3 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Where's my retired staff logo....

Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSexington
from my undertanding the HTT is the rate at which your cpu talks to your mobo.....this increases as you overclock your cpu.......some cpu's support a higher HTT rate...generally keeping the value under 1000 keeps your system stable.

just like the cpu clock, the HTT uses a multiplier, this should be changeable on your mobo....keeping in mind that you need to keep the value under 1000

eg. where cpu = 200x9 = 1800MHz...the HTT will use a x4 or x5 mult so that 200x5=1000.

if you increase your cpu clock above 200 you will need to set your HT mult at x4 to keep your HTT under 1000MHz.

at 251MHz you will need to decrease your HT mult to x3 (251x4=1004)

at 334 you will need to lower to x2 (334x3=1012)
This would acually be the HT that you want to keep under 1000. Don't worry though, I mix up HT and HTT too sometimes. HTTxCPU multiple=cpu clock
so (HTT)250x10=2.5ghz and HT=250xHT multiple
It can be changed in your BIOS. Look for HTT or FSB. at stock it is set to 200.

"UNIX was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things, because that policy would also keep them from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

"Beware of idiots working for Red Hat, for a single such obnoxious moron can *cough* up the wider Linux software ecosystem." - Alan Cox (Alan's new OS -> FUZIX OS)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 08:18 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 153
They are actually one in the same. I think that most just use HTT to describe the frequency at which you run your processor and use HT to describe the mutliplier for the Hyper Transport Technology.

HTT Frequency and HTT Multiplier. Around here and other forums just use HTT for the frequency (FSB) and HT when describing the multiplier.

You are a special, unique individual... just like everybody else.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #5 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Where's my retired staff logo....

Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoricmix
....Around here and other forums just use HTT for the frequency (FSB) and HT when describing the multiplier.
well put.

"UNIX was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things, because that policy would also keep them from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

"Beware of idiots working for Red Hat, for a single such obnoxious moron can *cough* up the wider Linux software ecosystem." - Alan Cox (Alan's new OS -> FUZIX OS)

post #6 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 09:04 AM
3.0ghz

Liked: 63
lol I always understood HTT to stand for Hyper Transport Technology which is just HT here it seems.

and from my tertiary studies I was also under the impression that fsb related more to intel's version of HT (ie: rate to and from the cpu) than to the cpu clock speed.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 09:21 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 153
Because AMD's have their memory controller on the cpu it eliminated the use of system bus (AKA FSB), and I just added it in there with (...) for clarification because most can relate to it and some AMD motherboard bios refer to it as such. This means....

Hey you can read about it HERE. Will be better then me explaining it. It is a good read.

You are correct in what you said. It is HTT for both. I don't know why it is not referred to as HTT frequency and HTT multiplier as it properly should. Sometimes it is easier to adapt and conform then to try to reinvent the wheel. The liberal in me hates saying that, lol.

You are a special, unique individual... just like everybody else.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page