Best upgrade for me - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-16-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hey guys im i have been looking around here for a while to decide what would be the best upgrade path for me.
I currently own a E6850 on a gigabyte UD2 P35 board which i OCed to 3,6ghz and 2GB 800mhz of ram.
With a XFX GTX285 graphicscard and a 550W antec neo-V PSU and mugen3 cooler
My cpu and ram have become to much of a bottleneck so i want to upgrade those first, i dont have a very big budget available for the time being so i try to make the best of it.
I use my system mostly for browsing the internet some more intensive games like empire totalwar battlefield3 farcry3, paradox and 1080P video coding for my ps3
Im considering these parts:

CPU :FX8350
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

Ram: i still have a kingston 2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3 kit around here. i could upgrade those to a G.skill 2x8GB, DDR3, PC14900, CL10, XMP, RipjawsX or Kingston 2x8GB, DDR3, PC19200, CL11, Beast, XMP later on. i dont know what memory i should choose what do you guys think is best?

Case: a aforrdable case K350 from coolermaster seems nice (my current case is so terrible that it dousnt cool well enough for the gpu so i have to take the side pannel of tongue.gif)

And a cheap sata dvd drive so i can install windows 7 ofcourse

for later upgrades im considering a faster gpu radeon HD 7850 or better, ssd, a stonger psu and maybe a cpu watercooler H80.

I would like to know your opinions on this and just how far i could expact overclock on these parts (would be nice if i could get 5ghz out of the FX8350:D) or if its better to choose something else.

Thank you very much in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Deals Hunter, Gamer, Watercooler

Liked: 894
hi. welcome to the forum. take time to fill in your rig specs in the rigbuilder.

second of all. for the budget set you can either go with the 8350 or 3570K. both will be fine for gaming. yet i would recommend the 8350 if you are eager to upgrade RIGHT NOW. as the next gen AMD will use same socket. if you intend to wait more 3 month. the intel haswell is just around the corner and will be on the market on june

So these are your options. Either Go for the 8350 NOW, or wait for haswel and see how this affect current LGA1155 prices.

the case is NO.. you can do way better with near same amount of money. a case isn't just a look from the outside. but the engineering put in it to make perfect air flow.

may i ask where are you from?

New member? Cool, welcome to the forums and Why don't fill in your rig specs so we can help you
follow this Guide

post #3 of 4 Old 03-16-2013, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mate, im from the netherlands
i dont know yet what ill do i might wait for haswell, i should have a bigger budget by then.
Thanks for your advice on the case your right about air flow. in mine its just terrible k350 isnt that good. i want to get a new casing right away tough which cases would you recommend me?
www.4launch.nl
www.azerty.nl
www.zercom.nl
are the reliable hardware websites in my country. ill order most of my parts from one of them usualy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-18-2013, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

i have been comparing a couple of cases including coolermaster advanced 2 series, Haf 912 and Antec 300 -900
Im almost certain ill get the best deal out of it if i go for antec 900 two V3 should set me back about €100 but 200mm fan and many 120mm fans installed along with dustfilters make it worth considering in all its a more total package you would otherwise have too spend only then on a lesser airflow designed case when you want better cooling https://www.4launch.nl/shop/#p-4-productid-068554thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page