Build gone wrong - Page 4 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 148 Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
No OC at all thus far. I wanna try flashing the BIOS tonight. The mofo is edition 3.0 with BIOS version FB. I have version FC ready to go. I tried testing it with one memory stick at a time, but that was without removing anything else. Removing the liquid cooler & putting the heat sink and fan back on, and/or trying out another PSU will take some major taking apart. Some of the connections are buried under the radiator & other stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 148 Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 7
Well if you update your BIOS and it is still saying that the temps are normal at idle (15-30C) I would say it ins't a cooling issue. I have a 990FXA-UD3 and these Gigabyte boards are super finicky about some of the dumbest things, mine has shoddy VRMs that cause volatges drops and spikes. I would guess it's either a bad stick of RAM or the BIOS needs to be updated, but hey maybe even the board is toast and needs an RMA.

If all else fails try setting the LLC (if you have the option?) to Extreme, just to rule of that it isn't dropping vcore at inopportune times and causing crashes.

"Has it really only been 4 months since I got that new motherboard? ...won't hurt to browse...
post #33 of 148 Old 04-24-2013, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Ok! Flashing the BIOS was smooth, went from version FB to FC w/o any problems. It is running very smooth now, Sounds more relaxed if such a thing is possible Went through a benchmark with Prime95 just fine. Here's a capture of the numbers as they are now., I think they look more realistic. Just gonna let her idle overnight and see what happens.

Post BIOS Flash to Version FC 510k .PNG file .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 148 Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Nope, still went off after running maybe 4 hours or so. Did anyone look at the picture I posted last night? I think the temp numbers looked more normal.
post #35 of 148 Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Nope, still went off after running maybe 4 hours or so. Did anyone look at the picture I posted last night? I think the temp numbers looked more normal.
post #36 of 148 Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 AM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 61
I have a question for you. Could it possibly be the PSU is shutting down under load? I've had a PSU that had a single bad capacitor. It would work 90% of the time, could even game for long periods of time. Then all of a sudden it would just ZMMMPH and everything would go down just like I had done a hard poweroff. Took me 3 weeks to trouble shoot it back to the power supply. Had a friend with a load testing power supply tester and after 2 hours of testing with constant 60% load it powered off.

If you can keep your head about you, when all about you are losing theirs... It's quite possible that you haven't fully grasped the situation.
post #37 of 148 Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Terrere, yes I am thinking the same thing. I don't have a spare PSU to swap right now, matter of fact this whole mess begun because the original PSU which came with the case was suspect. This is a Thermaltake, I think I'm gonna tear it out and trade it for a nice Antec.
post #38 of 148 Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

post #39 of 148 Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Deals Hunter, Gamer, Watercooler

Liked: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loeteke1 View Post

This one looks budget friendly:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Builder-Series-Watt-CX600/dp/B0092ML0OC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3/178-3779003-9982035

Any comments? Suggestions?

I would strongly suggest it's your PSU acting up. and i would recommend only 2 PSU that i trust. Rosewill capstone and Seasonic.

This seasonic has 15% off

New member? Cool, welcome to the forums and Why don't fill in your rig specs so we can help you
follow this Guide

post #40 of 148 Old 04-24-2013, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Ramzinho, that looks like an excellent choice. Microcenter does not seem to carry either.. hmmm

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page