Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 46 Old 12-19-2006, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Ford View Post
Yeah, I turned it off at the PSU pwr switch then restarted and it gave me the F1 option, but your guess was a good one. Thanks.
I am really impressed that you went out and bought an A8N32 SLI Deluxe just to solve this problem! I will await the results of your endeavers with great anticipation, as I seem to have run out of options at 2.844.
I say again, I am impressed!
Well not only for you but a lot of people that have ram timing troubles with the a8n sli series boards...gonna run six different sets of ram in both boards and try to come up with an FAQ on the timings...Here's a screeny of my current oc and the ram...And that is with folding two cores at 100% each and a 50/50 split on the ram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 12-20-2006, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
1.3ghz

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomthese View Post
Well not only for you but a lot of people that have ram timing troubles with the a8n sli series boards...gonna run six different sets of ram in both boards and try to come up with an FAQ on the timings...Here's a screeny of my current oc and the ram...And that is with folding two cores at 100% each and a 50/50 split on the ram

I had assumed that it wasnt for me alone, but you are indeed a dedicated overclocker just the same. I remain impressed. And yes, I have seen your specs and I am running those very same timings with RAM that should work fine. I know I am overlooking something important, I just don't know what it is yet.

post #33 of 46 Old 12-20-2006, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
1.3ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisd View Post
Make sense but I never heard that beep.If fail go back in bios and reset to default.Or worse case unplug from the main power source like from the wall oulet or power back up>And plug back in.Like that this mobo go auto to default.I never remove the battery.
Alexisd, my power supply has a switch on the back, turning it off is just like unplugging, only easier. You only see the option to press F1 after a failed overclock attempt, as in the case of a blank black screen, or sometimes a BSOD.
I have seen a lot of both in my ineptitude.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 46 Old 12-20-2006, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Alexisd, my power supply has a switch on the back, turning it off is just like unplugging, only easier. You only see the option to press F1 after a failed overclock attempt, as in the case of a blank black screen, or sometimes a BSOD.
I have seen a lot of both in my ineptitude.
LOL...funny...I really wish you could take a peek at your stepping...it may just well be that you reached a plateau ....We will keep working on it...My board should be here tomorrow...
post #35 of 46 Old 12-20-2006, 07:18 PM

Liked: 188
Question;

Of all the PC components I've overclocked in my time, RAM has been the least experimented with For me. In fact, I hardly do anything over increasing the freq and Timings where posssible.

In Any case, my question is

Can I achieve lower timings (namely cas ), by increasing the voltage?

In a free society, we are supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes an offence, we are in big trouble.

GO TRUTH
post #36 of 46 Old 12-20-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Question;

Of all the PC components I've overclocked in my time, RAM has been the least experimented with For me. In fact, I hardly do anything over increasing the freq and Timings where posssible.

In Any case, my question is

Can I achieve lower timings (namely cas ), by increasing the voltage?
The best way to try that is by trial and error, hence this thread and the help we trying to give george...
post #37 of 46 Old 12-20-2006, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
1.3ghz

Quote:
LOL...funny...I really wish you could take a peek at your stepping...it may just well be that you reached a plateau ....We will keep working on it...My board should be here tomorrow...
I find the term "stepping " very curious. If I did know what my stepping was, how would I read it? Is there some kind of chart? And I do know what my serial # is, any way that could be researched? Sigh! So much to learn, and I started so late!

post #38 of 46 Old 12-20-2006, 08:29 PM

Well the stepping looks like this ..... stepping

It's the one that says aabhe 0511xpmw on the cpu... that above is just an example
post #39 of 46 Old 12-22-2006, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
1.3ghz

Quote:
Well the stepping looks like this ..... stepping

It's the one that says aabhe 0511xpmw on the cpu... that above is just an example
Hi Dot, I just ran CPU-Z, and it sez my stepping is JH9-E6. Does that count for anything?

post #40 of 46 Old 12-22-2006, 02:05 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 171
Quote:
Hi Dot, I just ran CPU-Z, and it sez my stepping is JH9-E6. Does that count for anything?
That's no the stepping.The stepping is like this.Mine is ADA 4400 ccbwe 0546 spmw.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page