New upgrade build - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Firefly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 04:02 PM
 
shilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 35,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Hello,
It has been awhile from the time I upgraded. I was wondering if I was on the right track. Any suggestions would be greatfuly acepted.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113281 CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104339 Ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130754 Mother board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182278 PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147249 hard drive

That PSU is a no go its not very good and you dont need that much wattage. What video card are you going with if you are going to use the APU then 350 watts is all you need 700 is massive overkill

shilka is offline  
post #3 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Overclocker
 
Yorkston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
What is this build being used for and what is your budget?

Yorkston is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 04:15 PM
 
malzmidx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Just a suggestion: I hear amd apu's make use of ram clocked higher than 1600mhz rather well. So that can be a + if you find a good cheap kit.

Also you did not list a case rolleyes.gif

malzmidx is offline  
post #5 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 04:25 PM
 
ADHDadditiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Outside your bedroom window.... You gunna finish that milk?
Posts: 3,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Hello,
It has been awhile from the time I upgraded. I was wondering if I was on the right track. Any suggestions would be greatfuly acepted.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113281 CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104339 Ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130754 Mother board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182278 PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147249 hard drive
A: What is your budget
B: What case are you putting this into
C: Whats this mainly going to be used for?

Also, this ram is cheaper and faster
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231552
And that PSU is garbage. This one will easily power that system
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182066
ADHDadditiv is offline  
post #6 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

A: What is your budget
B: What case are you putting this into
C: Whats this mainly going to be used for?

Also, this ram is cheaper and faster
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231552
And that PSU is garbage. This one will easily power that system
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182066


A: $700
B: I'm using my rocketfish
C: casual gaming and home use , I play WoW, Fear, MoH, etc.

I'm going to use my video card for now, and I'm going to move the replaced components to build my wife a PC.
I just want the best bang for my buck. It has been 2009 that I upgraded and things have changed a lot.
Would 450 run my water system as well?

Firefly is offline  
post #7 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
 
ADHDadditiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Outside your bedroom window.... You gunna finish that milk?
Posts: 3,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 178
CPU: AMD A10-7700K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($79.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($78.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($72.25 @ Newegg)
Total: $491.20
Why do you need a 500GB ssd? Get a 1T HDD for like $50
Also, with this, sell your GPU, this APU will demolish your GPU.
ADHDadditiv is offline  
post #8 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 05:14 PM
 
ADHDadditiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Outside your bedroom window.... You gunna finish that milk?
Posts: 3,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

A: $700
B: I'm using my rocketfish
C: casual gaming and home use , I play WoW, Fear, MoH, etc.

I'm going to use my video card for now, and I'm going to move the replaced components to build my wife a PC.
I just want the best bang for my buck. It has been 2009 that I upgraded and things have changed a lot.
Would 450 run my water system as well?
Sorry for double post.

What?

*EDIT*
Also post a link to your case please.
ADHDadditiv is offline  
post #9 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Overclocker
 
Yorkston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
If you actually want to use the full $700:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.97 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($80.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($72.25 @ Newegg)
Total: $699.15
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-22 19:22 EDT-0400)

Video card comes with free games as well.

Yorkston is offline  
post #10 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Firefly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off