The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official] - Page 1439 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #14381 of 28754 Old 03-27-2009, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by nategr8ns View Post
well I got mine before it was "cool" because it wasn't cool .
Still, it's like 2.5 years old now and working (although some of the outside keys need to be pressed a bit harder).
Atleast your phone didn't have a bug that caused the screens ribbon cable to become de-attached and you to shat bricks.
That happened to me last week.
I wanted a V, but I had to wait till sprint got the Rumor.
I just want a simple phone with a full keyboard, and I have that now.
So I'm happy.

And "enVious" of you. For being able to have the V for so long. The Rumor has only been out a little over a year now. And I've had it for that long.

I just don't need a Smart Phone's power, but I want the keyboard, besides. the Slim profile of the Rumor is really nice in my pocket.

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14382 of 28754 Old 03-27-2009, 04:57 PM
939 Fanboi

Liked: 253
yeah I got the V because I didn't care about the size and because I knew the keyboard would come in handy.
It's also nice for music (I was able to unlock a hidden "mp3" player from the service menu so I can player higher quality songs versus the standard "wav" or "wma" player.

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge Participant  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015 

post #14383 of 28754 Old 03-27-2009, 05:01 PM

Liked: 2154
Mine comes with a built in MP3 player. And has a good number of supported video codecs.

But I usually just load up a 2gb microSD with pictures.

I don't usually use it for songs as I have my Zune.

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14384 of 28754 Old 03-27-2009, 08:06 PM
wait what?

Liked: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueristic View Post
I like your thought process here B.O. I think you are onto something. If I had this board I would look up the chipset pinouts and monitor the voltage on the chip and see if it drops when the fan is drawing. Nice diagnosis hope you hit the nail! If it is indeed correct let us know so I can rep you for this insight.

Thanks Hue It's that same thought process that I used to teach myself how to fix cars. Now I'm a certified tech.

And here's yet another update to the CFX3200. It's 6.5 hours later and it still hasn't locked up. . So this is almost beyond a reasonable doubt (to me anyway) that FAN2 has something to do with the notorious lock up/freeze issue.
As soon as my boy goes to bed I'll make all the necessary preparations to RAID the drives. And hopefully before the night is over I'll have a definitive answer to the much maligned ULi M1575 chipset of the CFX3200 DR RAID issue.

How to: Rewire proprietary Dell server Delta fans to work on any motherboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER PISSED go_quote.gif

Yeah, well Nvidia can stick it up their ass. This is great.

Chimp Challenge Participant  2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #14385 of 28754 Old 03-27-2009, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter
The Big Red Machine

Liked: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
Thanks Hue It's that same thought process that I used to teach myself how to fix cars. Now I'm a certified tech.

And here's yet another update to the CFX3200. It's 6.5 hours later and it still hasn't locked up. . So this is almost beyond a reasonable doubt (to me anyway) that FAN2 has something to do with the notorious lock up/freeze issue.
As soon as my boy goes to bed I'll make all the necessary preparations to RAID the drives. And hopefully before the night is over I'll have a definitive answer to the much maligned ULi M1575 chipset of the CFX3200 DR RAID issue.
Good work, BlackOmega!

I've got my popcorn ready for your RAID tests.

post-flame-small.gifThe Spirit of OCN: To give is far better than to receive.post-flame-small.gifThe best advice to follow: Read your product's user's manual.post-flame-small.gif

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you have fed him for a lifetime.”—Lao Tzu (thanks to Blitz6804)

Today's "thlnk3r's thoughts": "You may fire when ready."
post #14386 of 28754 Old 03-27-2009, 09:25 PM
GAME ON

Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post
You could just use a fan controller for all your chassis fans. This will eliminate some of the stress on the mobo and Possibly make your system more stable come time for overclocking. Another thing I was thinking as soon as I read about your problem is this. Try a diff fan and see if the same problems exists. It's possible the fan is either 1 drawing to many amps from the circuit on the fan port of the mobo, 2 the fan is getting old or defecting in one way or another and once it gets warm you don't get the problem of resistance from the cold fan or 3 both 1 & 2 are working against you at the same time...

Good Luck,

N2G
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post

I'm glad you finally unpluged the fan to test if it would fix the problem.

Have you looked into the user manual to see if the fan header #2 is for the power supply??? It may be a circuit deditcated to reading the spd of the power supply fan???

Good luck w/that...
Hueristic likes this.

Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant 

post #14387 of 28754 Old 03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Tech Support

Liked: 394
BlackOmega, that is good news for the CFX3200. I'd just like to add that FAN 2 on my SLI-DR is also thermally controller via BIOS but I did not experience the same issues as you did (well obviously not seeming we have different chipsets). Perhaps this has been mentioned already but have you tried a different fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueristic View Post
Very true but they do have all the post codes displayed in a digital format and a book to look them up in which can resolve many issues immediately.
Hueristic, good point. I've also had the most expensive diagnostic cards not work at all. At that point it's time bust open the computer with a bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nategr8ns View Post
Nope, the precursor to both, "the V" (VX9800)
review
Nate, try this old forum and see if the links listed in there help.

Good luck guys

Terms of Service

Originally Posted by txtmstrjoe:
"Steppings merely indicate possible outcomes due to the law of averages being in your favor."
post #14388 of 28754 Old 03-28-2009, 04:37 AM
wait what?

Liked: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtmstrjoe View Post
Good work, BlackOmega!

I've got my popcorn ready for your RAID tests.
Thanks Joe.
Unfortunately I had to take my boy to the E.R. last night (double ear infection :swearingso the RAID test is going to have to be postponed until tonight. (Got 3 maybe 4 cars to fix today )

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post
I'm glad you finally unplugged the fan to test if it would fix the problem.

Have you looked into the user manual to see if the fan header #2 is for the power supply??? It may be a circuit dedicated to reading the spd of the power supply fan???

Good luck w/that...
Well, I took a gander at the manual to see if indeed it was just a sensor type socket for reading the PSU. Its not, fan headers 2-5 are there for additional fan.

Quote:
Connect the CPU fan’s cable connector to the CPU fan connector
(J31) on the system board. Fan 2 (J32), Fan 3 (J30), Fan 4 (J6) and
Fan 5 (J9) are used to connect additional cooling fans. The cooling
fans will provide adequate airflow throughout the chassis to prevent
overheating the CPU and system board components.
EDIT: After looking at numbers associated with the fan numbers, I wonder if the CPU fan, fan2 and fan 3 are all on the same circuit. And when all 3 are hooked up it could possibly be overloading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlnk3r View Post
BlackOmega, that is good news for the CFX3200. I'd just like to add that FAN 2 on my SLI-DR is also thermally controller via BIOS but I did not experience the same issues as you did (well obviously not seeming we have different chipsets). Perhaps this has been mentioned already but have you tried a different fan?

Good luck guys
I haven't tried any different size fans. All the fans tested were 120mm. But I did try 3 different ones. 1 Thermaltake (off of the BT), my Antec tricool and the one that was hooked up most recently is a CoolerMaster that came with my 590 case. All had the same result.

And here it is roughly 15 hours later, she is still up and running with no issues.
Well, I probably better get my butt to bed so I'll be worth a damn tomorrow (later today ).

Thanks for all your help guys

How to: Rewire proprietary Dell server Delta fans to work on any motherboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER PISSED go_quote.gif

Yeah, well Nvidia can stick it up their ass. This is great.

Chimp Challenge Participant  2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #14389 of 28754 Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Shocking, isn't it?

Liked: 328
The way to test, move one of the plugs (fan 3 maybe?) to fan 2's header such that there are still only two fans. If it does not crash, then your hypothesis of overloading the circuit would be correct. If it still does, plug in only fan 2. If it still crashes, that header is just bad.

Important reading: Terms of Service | Professionalism Initiative
For Sale / Wanted | Freebies
Report and ignore. Do not quote. Do not reply.
If I say anything to upset or confuse you, please PM me!
You should be Folding or Crunching! My stats: F@H, BOINC
Clubs: 890FXA UD5/7 | Firearms | 939 | Pokémon TCG | Cooking with Blitz
- - - - -
"looks pretty flipping consistant to me :D I'm proud fo real" - juano (01/17/2012)
"okay Blitz you win" - juano (01/05/2013)
- - - - -
"Have you heard the news that you're dead? No one ever had much nice
to say, I think they never liked you anyway."
- My Chemical Romance

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Migration_Sherpa  Chimp Challenge Participant X4  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #14390 of 28754 Old 03-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Doomed to see the Future and helpless to change it

Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlnk3r View Post
I've also had the most expensive diagnostic cards not work at all. At that point it's time bust open the computer with a bat.

READ this thread before starting your first build!!!
ALWAYS power up a Mobo Before installing it! Consider Less than helpful posts as Free Bumps.
devil-smiley-019.gif¡¡¡ʍʇɟ qn1ɔ uoıʇɐıɔǝɹddɐ 939 ʇǝʞɔos ǝɥʇthumbsupsmiley.pngsozo.gifRetro Rulezsozo.gif

If you can't afford to lose it don't mod or OC it.
At least read the ENTIRE OP before commenting.

Semper Fi

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page