MSI K9A Platinum Overclocking - Am I the only owner of one of these? - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 08:49 PM
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theartist View Post
I'm having trouble overclocking mine as well. Just the slightest raise on the FSB & boom.......need to reset CMOS.
Yeah mate, exactly my problem. I have a feeling we may have to turn off the cool'n'quiet before ocÃ*ng? But this is just rediculous, I can't raise mine 5 hz without it freezing!

We shall see?

Tolak

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 111
I played with the Core Center and got my cpu up to 2999Mhz fine. Played CS:S for like 10 minutes, then put the clock back to default(wasn't sure of temp since the temp on core center doesn't seem to go over 50C) I know this is a bad way to overclock but it did it for the 10 minutes fine, haven't overclocked it other than that due to the stock 5600 cooler.

PS3 Games: GTA:IV & 5, GT5!, Killzone 2, MGS4, MAG
360 Games: GTA:IV, Crackdown 1&2, Fora 2/3/4
PC Games: CSS, GTA5, PayDay 2, Planetside 2, Minecraft, FarCry
post #13 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 PM
333mhz

Liked: 3
Quote:
I played with the Core Center and got my cpu up to 2999Mhz fine. Played CS:S for like 10 minutes, then put the clock back to default(wasn't sure of temp since the temp on core center doesn't seem to go over 50C) I know this is a bad way to overclock but it did it for the 10 minutes fine, haven't overclocked it other than that due to the stock 5600 cooler.

Cool, Ill check it out, thanks

We should be able to get a bit more out of this CPU tho. The 5600 X2 is not the best ocer, but it should get 3000, without a problem. I would think 50+ deg. is a little high. You might like to have a look at you cooling? I have bought a new case for my rig (see my specs). It has 3 case fans built in- 1 at front and rear and another built onto the side with the funnel to the cpu, so it extracts hot air from the cpu fan straight out of the case. I think the 1950pro has it`s own power connector? which means they will be drawing a bit of power, therefore creating a bit of heat!

It should be no problem to fit an extra fan in there if you don`t already have 2. If your case has a vent on the side, it wouldn't be a bad idea to fix another fan to that as well on the inside so that it extracts hot air from the case straight out the side. There is a really easy mod for that. Buy a cheap, quiet, little fan. Get a hole saw, and drill the appropriate sized hole for the fan.
make sure it`s just big enough for the fan only and not the housing, because you want to screw the housing to the case. Cheap but affective. Or you could just buy a new case!

Either way LX, I think you might need more case cooling.

Onwards and upwards, mate

Tolak

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Going Broke Overclocking

Liked: 1182
Disable Cool N Quiet when OCing. Also, make sure there are no options Enabled that have the word "Spectrum" in it.
You will likely need to set your RAM on a divider. That is to set the RAM form DDR2 800 or 200MHz to a lower setting. Perhaps 166MHz or DDR2 667 or even lower if needed.

Please DO NOT Cite the TOS, simply REPORT and DO NOT REPLY or quote it.
"Life is Learning, Learning is Sharing, Sharing is Life"
"Overclocking is like a drug addiction, the difference is we go broke improving our brain cells instead of destroying them!"
Where in the world to buy on-line
Dual or Multi Partition and Why
Everyone, GET Folding, it is important no matter how much you contribute smile.gif
Phenom II should be called Ph II, not a P II because it isn't an old Intel teaching.gif

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page