Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 14 Old 12-01-2012, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnrjim67 View Post

We are talking about the ASUS Sabertooth here not? Well firstly it is a 990FX as you stated earlier post about AMD Recommendation 990FX, plus it has 8+2 Phase VRM, as for O/C the 8350 @5Ghz 24/7 good luck it needs a whack full of Volts to keep it at that speed and proper water-cooling will be needed to keep its temps safe. From most posts I have seen 4.6-4.8Ghz is pretty much the norm I have mine at 4.6Ghz at comfortable Volts could go higher but really needs much more Volts not worth killing the CPU in the end.
And how is the ASUS Sabertooth related in anyway to Foxconn other than the CPU sockets that they supply to most Mobo manufacturers, I would like a link if this is the case for proof.

Huh I Asus used to be on this this list after they gave up producing at Pegatron because of the horrible working conditions. My point was that just because it's brown and is called Sabertooth doesn't mean it's going to be superior to any other 8+2 boards. You can get a cheaper one like the Sapphire Pure Black 990fx or the Gigabyte ga-990fx-ud3 which will overclock equally.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 AM
5.0ghz

Liked: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnrjim67 View Post

And how is the ASUS Sabertooth related in anyway to Foxconn other than the CPU sockets that they supply to most Mobo manufacturers, I would like a link if this is the case for proof.
Because he sees Foxconn on the mobo, which Foxconn is the main supplier for mobo components for all the company including Intel mobo.

EDIT
Asus sends off each sabertooth to a company that does a torture test on the phase power.

post #13 of 14 Old 12-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Extreme Cooler

Liked: 5
Go to Newegg and buy the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, a little more than your budget, but super stable at +5.0Ghz and very easy to get there if you make sure the memory is on the compatablity list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 AM

Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercoolin View Post

Go to Newegg and buy the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, a little more than your budget, but super stable at +5.0Ghz and very easy to get there if you make sure the memory is on the compatablity list.
agreed

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page