post #31381 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Overclocker in Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahdriyami View Post

No, the blue light flashes for about a minute or two and then goes off. According to the manual, that's a successful flash.

Also, I have to rename the file to C6HWIFI.CAP for it to work on my motherboard, as I've learnt from the Asus forum. Renaming the bios file to C6H.CAP doesn't work.

And the BIOS file you downloaded IS for the WiFi edition?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31382 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 09:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

No, the blue light flashes for about a minute or two and then goes off. According to the manual, that's a successful flash.

Also, I have to rename the file to C6HWIFI.CAP for it to work on my motherboard, as I've learnt from the Asus forum. Renaming the bios file to C6H.CAP doesn't work. And yes, it's in the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB flashdrive.

Right, forgive me I didn't read your sig. I was just reading what you asked about from another quote.

And for some reason I derped and read that your boards flashback button flashed for a second or 2 and not a minute. Don't worry I'm ganna get some more coffee in me so I won't do that again (hopefully)

and yea, like steelraven said, make sure you flashed the wifi board specific bios's otherwise the board won't take it and end up leaving an incomplete bios.

post #31383 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 09:54 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelraven View Post

And the BIOS file you downloaded IS for the WiFi edition?

Yes.
Link: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WI-FI-AC/HelpDesk_Download/

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 1800X
Asus Crosshair VI Hero (Wi-Fi)
Corsair Dominator DDR4 (32GB - 3000MHz)
Asus GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC
Corsair HX1000i
Corsair H110i GTX
NZXT S340 - Designed by Razer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31384 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 09:54 AM

Liked: 2
Quote:

Also, I have to rename the file to C6HWIFI.CAP for it to work on my motherboard, as I've learnt from the Asus forum. Renaming the bios file to C6H.CAP doesn't work. And yes, it's in the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB flashdrive.
I do agree with what was said before. It's likely your bios download was corrupted.

I'd suggest re-downloading your bios and doing a hash check to make sure you got it right. Compare the hash against the file you tried to flash to see if there is any issue.

Certainly a step worth taking in troubleshooting this.

Failing that you might be close to talking to Asus support?
MrXL likes this.
post #31385 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 10:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@articuno1au Answering your previous question of if other people were having issues with m.2's and blk oc

I myself have not had issues with my board losing track of my intel nvme and I've been using blk oc up to 104.6 on and off since the get-go. that said I have noticed that when I reset my cmos and I boot into bios it doesn't detect it at first every now and again so it might be related to that in some fashion.

in the past I remember hearing whispers on the wind about people with that issue but that would require some digging into pages long since past

post #31386 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningManGTS View Post

@articuno1au Answering your previous question of if other people were having issues with m.2's and blk oc

I myself have not had issues with my board losing track of my intel nvme and I've been using blk oc up to 104.6 on and off since the get-go. that said I have noticed that when I reset my cmos and I boot into bios it doesn't detect it at first every now and again so it might be related to that in some fashion.

in the past I remember hearing whispers on the wind about people with that issue but that would require some digging into pages long since past
Yeah, I've come across that once or twice on pre 1406 bios on my 750. Thanks for the info smile.gif

In unrelated info, the checksum I got on the bios:

Man that ought be a copyable text box. Feels dirty..
post #31387 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anty View Post

You need to specify your memory exactly (model number) - otherwise we don't know if it is CL14 or CL16 as well as if it is 4x8 of 2x16.

Sorry it's 2x16gb and CL14:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232218&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6146846&SID=jb6qq6pvtm000kb500053
post #31388 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 10:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

I've been having good luck with this as well and have it start minimized (no admin asked for upon bootup).

Just found that, thank you!
post #31389 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuno1au View Post

I do agree with what was said before. It's likely your bios download was corrupted.

I'd suggest re-downloading your bios and doing a hash check to make sure you got it right. Compare the hash against the file you tried to flash to see if there is any issue.

Certainly a step worth taking in troubleshooting this.

Failing that you might be close to talking to Asus support?

I just did. They told me the BIOS is corrupt and that I'd have to sent it in. Luckily I have a GIGABYTE Gaming K5 board that I didn't end up using. I hope Windows will be kind to this motherboard switch.

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 1800X
Asus Crosshair VI Hero (Wi-Fi)
Corsair Dominator DDR4 (32GB - 3000MHz)
Asus GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC
Corsair HX1000i
Corsair H110i GTX
NZXT S340 - Designed by Razer
post #31390 of 33179 Old 12-14-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:

I just did. They told me the BIOS is corrupt and that I'd have to sent it in. Luckily I have a GIGABYTE Gaming K5 board that I didn't end up using. I hope Windows will be kind to this motherboard switch.
Windows 8 and above will basically reinitialise themselves then they detect a new motherboard. Works in about 90% of situations.

Sucks to hear you got a borked bios. Good luck with it smile.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page