ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 3159 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #31581 of 33180 Old 12-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Watercooled Railgun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 255
I'm not sure why, but my board won't initialize my Fury X until it gets to the Windows desktop. It gets really slow during the GPU initialization codes, sometimes staying 2-3 seconds at D0. I'm running stock after the flash. What could it be?

I was before on the 1701 BIOS. I haven't added or removed anything from my system.

Secondary effects of BOINC (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyder go_quote.gif

got my video cards going nuclear, turn off the lights and those puppies glow in the dark....
Validations & Benches (Click to show)
i3-550 Stable 4.62 GHz | Test run 5.015 GHz
Xeon W3530 Max stable BCLK 215 MHz | Max OC 4.63 GHz
i7-2600k "Power Saving" OC 4.70 GHz
GTS 450 Gaming & BOINC
GTX 470 Gaming & BOINC
HD 7950 Gaming+BOINC
HD 7970 Gaming+BOINC
i3 Clarkdale Gaming Performance vs i7-920 and vs i7-2600k Don't diss the Underdog!

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  BOINC Pentathlon 6x Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31582 of 33180 Old 12-17-2017, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDXfiRe View Post

Alright, is there any way to fix this or has Elmor or anyone on the BIOS team confirmed this as a bug (and maybe in the future they might fix this); if so that probably is enough so probably I'd avoid a warranty on the motherboard (which is really tedious process in my country). If there's a quote directly from them I'd appreciate it and thanks for the replies.

@elmor is this confirmed? (Offset + 0.06v Vcore/DRAM/PLL in BIOS/Windows). Appreciate the response.

Sensors are quite inaccurate yes. It's a quality control issue with the Super I/O ICs causing boards to vary in reading up to +/- 44mV. The offset can be -44/-22/0/+22/44, ie some boards reads better than others. It's not fixable by any software updates. The voltage regulation for any of the rails does not have an overshoot/undershoot/droop problem.
Jackalito and ReDXfiRe like this.
post #31583 of 33180 Old 12-17-2017, 10:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor View Post

Sensors are quite inaccurate yes. It's a quality control issue with the Super I/O ICs causing boards to vary in reading up to +/- 44mV. The offset can be anything in between, some boards read correctly others are off. It's not fixable by any software updates. The voltage regulation for any of the rails does not have an overshoot/undershoot/droop problem.

And there you have it, as I said a bit ago it's no great issue for myself since the rails themselves on my board run what I set them to and run/vdroop within spec. The point where the readings will become useful will be when the board exceeds it's life span which by that point I would have upgraded/replaced it. That and to pull out the board and rma it would be an utter pain for something so cosmetic that happened less then 3months ago after using the board for 5
ReDXfiRe likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31584 of 33180 Old 12-17-2017, 10:55 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post

Thanks a lot for this Elmor. For the first time since building my system in February I was able to boot at 3200MHz without having to tweak anything. I just selected DOCP Standard and my PC booted without issue! wheee.gif (CPU-Z Validation)

Okay so I have been testing this for about two weeks now and in that time I have experienced several BSODs whereas before I had none. However, I also remember updating the firmware and NVMe driver of my Samsung 960 Evo around the same time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post

Nope, no problems. While I was initially using a slightly older firmware version (2B7QCXE7) and NVMe driver (v2.1), I have since updated both to the latest versions (3B7QCXE7 for the firmware and v2.3 for the NVMe driver) and I still have no issues when restarting.

Like others have asked did you do a clean Windows install or are you using an old install? Lastly, does your Windows completely hang to the point where the spinning ring stops moving and you have to do a hard reset or does Windows simply not restart?

So I'm wondering now if these BSODs (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) are BIOS related or NVMe related? headscratch.gif
post #31585 of 33180 Old 12-18-2017, 12:47 AM

Hello,

Recently I have updated to 3008, but the cold boot issue still remains.
My system is gskill trident z c14 3200 8*2 with 1700x.

I want to oc my ram to 3200 without cold boot issue and make it stable. I am a newbie for DIY, could just give me some hint to oc my ram?

Thanks in advance
post #31586 of 33180 Old 12-18-2017, 12:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Sensors are quite inaccurate yes. It's a quality control issue with the Super I/O ICs causing boards to vary in reading up to +/- 44mV. The offset can be -44/-22/0/+22/44, ie some boards reads better than others. It's not fixable by any software updates. The voltage regulation for any of the rails does not have an overshoot/undershoot/droop problem.

So the offset is always the same?
Can't it be "fixed" by having option in BIOS to manually enter correction value based on measurement of true voltage with multimeter?
post #31587 of 33180 Old 12-18-2017, 12:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamposine View Post

Hello,

Recently I have updated to 3008, but the cold boot issue still remains.
My system is gskill trident z c14 3200 8*2 with 1700x.

I want to oc my ram to 3200 without cold boot issue and make it stable. I am a newbie for DIY, could just give me some hint to oc my ram?

Thanks in advance

I'm using the same RAM but with RGB and just set D.O.C.P. in the BIOS to XMP, and upped the voltage just a little to 1.375V
No issues at all with a Ryzen 1700 (without X) running at 4GHz

Asrock X399 Taichi, AMD Threadripper 1950X, 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200MHz,
256GB Samsung PM961 nvme, 512GB Samcung 850 EVO SSD, 512GB Intel 5400S SSD,
nVidia GTX1080Ti FE, Cooler Master H500P case, Custom Water Cooling
post #31588 of 33180 Old 12-18-2017, 12:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:

So, if not every board is affected, people with problems can RMA their boars and Asus is honoring the warranty on this?

I mean, its an premium board so we should expect at least premium quality and service correct?
post #31589 of 33180 Old 12-18-2017, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionBG View Post

I'm using the same RAM but with RGB and just set D.O.C.P. in the BIOS to XMP, and upped the voltage just a little to 1.375V
No issues at all with a Ryzen 1700 (without X) running at 4GHz

I am also using rgb ram kit. You mean your system won't boot twice after unplug the power?

So i should try:
1. load to default setting
2. choose d.o.c.p standard
3. set dram voltage to 1.375v

nothing to change else?
post #31590 of 33180 Old 12-18-2017, 01:18 AM

Hello hurricane28,

I want to ask that after boot into my system, the Qcode always shows 24, means "on start", it's known bug or there is error with my setup?
Normally that LED should show the temp of cpu right?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page