Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post

maybe this is helpful?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/K10ctl

Well... no, not really.

I've been a Unix sysadmin since before Linux existed, so I don't need help configuring the system to run k10ctl at boot. What I need to know is how to make k10ctl do its thing. I can't find anything that explains what the various values mean or how to set them properly, and the few sites I've found that mention them make it sound like I've already done it correctly, which I obviously haven't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11272 of 12360 Old 05-19-2013, 08:50 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan-YJ View Post

Well... no, not really.

I've been a Unix sysadmin since before Linux existed, so I don't need help configuring the system to run k10ctl at boot. What I need to know is how to make k10ctl do its thing. I can't find anything that explains what the various values mean or how to set them properly, and the few sites I've found that mention them make it sound like I've already done it correctly, which I obviously haven't.

*Shrug* If nothing else free bump, someone who can help might see it and chime in. tongue.gif
post #11273 of 12360 Old 05-19-2013, 10:53 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan-YJ View Post

Well... no, not really.

give this a try http://amdath800.dyndns.org/amd/

Anything Can Be Overclocked If You Try Hard Enough

Kaby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11274 of 12360 Old 05-20-2013, 05:29 AM
Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlay View Post

give this a try http://amdath800.dyndns.org/amd/

I found that one myself last night. According to the author, TurionPowerControl allows reducing the frequency (for power saving), but not increasing the frequency.
post #11275 of 12360 Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM

Liked: 7
Has any one ever used OCZ titanium dimms with this board, I have 2x2gb platinum and a chance to get 2x2gb titanium the timings are pretty close plat @ 5-5-4 titan @ 4-4-4 ,I know if it runs it will run at the lower speed, I have been having trouble w/memory I got a set of platinums arrived DOA, the guy sent me some micron BSOD after ten minutes, none have worked with all 4 slots filled, I ran 6 gb's for years w/ 2x2 platinum and 2x1 gold OCZ, wishing I would have left well enuff alone, I let a friend con me out of the 2x1 gold frown.gif , so now I'm stuck with 4 gb, Does any one else have problems running over 6 gb's on this board... TIA

Puter say's noquestionmark.gif
There’s nothing to fear. Except maybe that weird guy over there.oneeyedsmiley02.png

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)? << I am that weird guy over there....
post #11276 of 12360 Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaBlista View Post

Does any one else have problems running over 6 gb's on this board... TIA

I've been running 8GB (4x2GB) on it for a couple years now w/ no problems. One pair is Corsair DDR2 800 (PC2-6400) that I bought new with the system. The other pair is something random (maybe OCZ?) that I bought used from a co-worker several years later.
post #11277 of 12360 Old 05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaBlista View Post

Has any one ever used OCZ titanium dimms with this board, I have 2x2gb platinum and a chance to get 2x2gb titanium the timings are pretty close plat @ 5-5-4 titan @ 4-4-4 ,I know if it runs it will run at the lower speed, I have been having trouble w/memory I got a set of platinums arrived DOA, the guy sent me some micron BSOD after ten minutes, none have worked with all 4 slots filled, I ran 6 gb's for years w/ 2x2 platinum and 2x1 gold OCZ, wishing I would have left well enuff alone, I let a friend con me out of the 2x1 gold frown.gif , so now I'm stuck with 4 gb, Does any one else have problems running over 6 gb's on this board... TIA

they have better timings and clock higher gold being the slowest then platinum then titanium so i would say as long as they work titanium would be the best out of the 3 types and should work at loser timings if needed and the board supports 1066 or higher ddr2 also so if you can find something like 1066 cas 5 or 6 or evan cas 5 800s they can sometimes be down clocked to 800 cas 4 and still run at them same timings

Anything Can Be Overclocked If You Try Hard Enough

Kaby
post #11278 of 12360 Old 05-21-2013, 07:13 PM

Liked: 7
I think i'll try the titanium, I hate to say it but I may upgrade to a ddr 3 board soon if I can find one with reviews that match the sturdiness I've had with this one, Any good advice on a updated AMD boards & chipsets w/ SLI capabilities , My son wants this board really bad, LoL

Puter say's noquestionmark.gif
There’s nothing to fear. Except maybe that weird guy over there.oneeyedsmiley02.png

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)? << I am that weird guy over there....
post #11279 of 12360 Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
GAME ON

Liked: 353
I've had good luck w/my sig board. NF980-G65 and the FX790-GD70 is another good board if you don't mind using the SLI Hack and it still works w/the modern drivers.

Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant 

post #11280 of 12360 Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 0
I've had this board running without issue for a few years until the other day, Windows froze and upon reboot I haven't been able to get the system to stay running without freezing for more than 10 minutes.

My most recent setup:
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe BIOS 5001
AMD Phenom II x4 940BE
CPU water cooling loop (EK Supreme HF)
2x 2GB Corsair XMS DDR2
2x 2GB G.Skill DDR2 (After adding this RAM I had to run in forced Unganged mode or else Windows wouldn't boot (when set to Ganged/Auto) which I thought was weird, but a friend gave it to me so I figured 4GB for free- why not!)
Asus nVidia GTX 560
1x Seagate SATA II 750GB 7200RPM
4x WD RE3 500GB SATA 7200RPM - RAID 0+1
1x Lite-on SATA DVD-RW
Antec Earthwatts 750W

At first I had a feeling that my Seagate 750GB (2 Partitions - 300GB for Windows / The rest for storage) HDD died, I noticed the PC took a long time to POST then once Windows booted it would almost instantly lock up. So I pulled the G.Skill RAM to eliminate that as a potential issue - same problem. Next I disconnected my RAID array and connected and extra WD RE3 500GB Hard drive, booted into Clonezilla off a USB drive to clone my Windows partition and boot off that drive instead of my Seagate, about %5 into the cloning process Clonezilla error-ed out stating bad sectors on the Seagate drive.

So far it was straight forward - Bad HDD - get a new one and continue with my life. So I pulled the Seagate and booted into Lubuntu Live off a USB drive to get online - after a few minutes THAT froze on me.

Weird, so now I'm thinking maybe it's RAM, I tried all different configurations, tried clearing CMOS multiple times, and no matter what I do the PC keeps freezing. (When running any live Linux Distro - or while trying to install said Linux distro from USB drive to the WD 500GB drive). So for the why not factor I tried ANOTHER drive (a WD 250GB SATA drive I had lying around) and the system STILL freezes. I did a quick Google search found some posts on forums from 2008/2010 other members mentioned bad SATA ports as well as their DVD-RW causing system hangs. So I disconnected my DVD-RW and swapped the WD 250GB to one of the other SATA ports... the PC is STILL freezing when running a Live Linux distro or while installing Linux to the drive.

TL;DR - Nothing changed - PC keeps freezing, thought it was a bad HDD, new HDD(s) still freezing, disconnected all drives except one/swapped RAM around, stillll freezing.

Anyone have any idea's what could be causing this thing to hang? I know it's running cool enough (I've been watching temps in the BIOS - no problems at all with the water loop), and it doesn't look like RAM is the issue, I just left the 2 Corsair sticks in and ram Memtest for over 2 hours wiht 3 passes and no errors or freezing. It's only when I attempted to access the SATA drives does the system freeze.

Almost seems like something on the mother board (SouthBridge maybe?) is acting up....

Thanks in adv.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page